VOGONS

Common searches

This forum..

Topic actions

First post, by Kyl3

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Who created this forum.. It's nice ! Quite better then PHPbb.

Like the color scheme to! And the VOGONS titlebar.

Reply 1 of 5, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

If you mean the VOGONS board (in general, not just this forum):
It all started at Vlad's "original VDMSound message board"
From my perspective:

Remember posting back and forth with everyone on Vlad's board.
Remember going back and forth with Snover about...err...something. Game? VDMSound? Anyway we started getting off-topic. Of course that happened all the time, because nobody was running an "old games on new systems" message board. I don't think Vlad had said anything (he rarely did) but I knew he didn't like getting pushed into a "support guy" position for stuff that had nothing to with what he was working on.

I had posted a "Does anyone know a "getting old games to work on new systems" message board which got pitifully few replies at first. Basically, nope, nope, nope, and how about Underdogs?

Then Snover came in, jumping up and down and waving his hands in the air frantically (saying he could start one up). Nobody else had come close to that level of enthusiasm (actually I don't think anyone else even tried)
so some of said yes and that we'd be there to support it with our posts

Reply 2 of 5, by LSD

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

tbh, I've seen better templates than this one but given the "one of a kind" nature of this board people are going to be coming more for the info than the aesthetics.

It could also use a couple more hacks, one I miss in particular is the "Quick Replay" hack which I'm used to (it sure beats loading the conventional reply page all the time, particularly on 56k) on several other boards (including the old NTCompatible vB, when it was up, where I first saw it) but see the second half of the first sentence.

Wasurenaide...
...watashi ga iru koto o.
Itsudatte soba ni iru yo.

Gentoo. Because everything else is just shit. 😁
Registered Linux user #319839

Reply 3 of 5, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I must admit I didn't actually create the style for this board. It was made freeware by its former owner. I hate the standard vBB colour scheme and didn't have the time to create my own template. That's how that goes. I'll see about finding that Quick Reply hack.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 4 of 5, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

And I helped with the name/theme. They were gonna call it "OGONS" and I'm like, "waitaminute..."

P.S. The phrase "VBulletin hack" is kinda interesting...
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22VBulletin+Hack%22

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto