VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Robin4

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Does anybody knows a great and not so expensive mail forwarder to send from the US to EU? (i dont need it much, only when iam out on solutions)

I have used google and find some, but i dont have any experiences with those.. So i dont know whats recommended and whats not.

Which of the services are recommended and which dont?

~ At least it can do black and white~

Reply 1 of 8, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've used Shipito alot in the past, they have worked out with no issues.

Should be mentioned that the prices have increased by 300% in the last couple of years (from 1 USD to 3 USD ea package) and shipping from the US to Europe is insane. I live in one of the most expensive countries in the world, and it is cheaper for me to ship stuff to the US than from the US.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 2 of 8, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

For under 4 pounds, USPS should be around $25 US

Don't even bother looking at FedEx or UPS. They are an absolute rip-off.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 3 of 8, by vetz

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
cyclone3d wrote on 2020-12-16, 21:21:

It's 57 USD for 3.9 pounds (1.77kg) according to the shipping calculator on Shipito using USPS ePacket to the Netherlands. Even DHL is cheaper.

Package Size (L W H):
20 x 30 x 6 cm

Moderate size package.

On USPS.com I see 61 USD with First-Class Package International Service and 58 USD for Priority Mail International

Total ripoff. I don't understand how the US have the world's most expensive shipping.

3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Reply 5 of 8, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
vetz wrote on 2020-12-16, 21:59:
It's 57 USD for 3.9 pounds (1.77kg) according to the shipping calculator on Shipito using USPS ePacket to the Netherlands. Even […]
Show full quote
cyclone3d wrote on 2020-12-16, 21:21:

It's 57 USD for 3.9 pounds (1.77kg) according to the shipping calculator on Shipito using USPS ePacket to the Netherlands. Even DHL is cheaper.

Package Size (L W H):
20 x 30 x 6 cm

Moderate size package.

On USPS.com I see 61 USD with First-Class Package International Service and 58 USD for Priority Mail International

Total ripoff. I don't understand how the US have the world's most expensive shipping.

Ok... so up to 2 pounds is 24.50
Then 2lb, 1oz to 3lb is 39.

They must have changed it recently. Pretty sure it used to be up to 4lb for 24.50

Shipping through Paypal gives a slight discount compared to the USPS online rates.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 6 of 8, by Carrera

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

For a second when you said pounds I thought you mean Her Majesty's currency and I was going to make a comment about them no longer being in the EU but you were talking about the OTHER Imperial pound, aka 486 grams... 😀

Reply 7 of 8, by GigAHerZ

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Carrera wrote on 2020-12-17, 11:49:

486 grams... 😀

How fitting that number is... 😜

"640K ought to be enough for anybody." - And i intend to get every last bit out of it even after loading every damn driver!

Reply 8 of 8, by bestemor

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Assuming this is via ebay, see if you can convince the seller to turn on the GSP option in the listing ?

For heavier items (over 8-16 oz/500g) it is surprisingly cheap, even when compared to USPS First Class packages.
Granted, they always charge $4 in handling cost*, but that is peanuts to our local $15 customs fee...

https://pages.ebay.com/seller-center/shipping … ng-program.html

(*: it is actually included in the quote you'll see in the listing, but after many purchases/testing etc, I figured it out - they charge $4 + shipping cost from their intl. mail center)