VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Horray to neverending HDD problems.
One of my two IBM HDDs has started whistling. This worries me... extensively. I've decided that it's time for me to finally buy new drives. I'm archiving my ENTIRE HDD and putting it on CDs (no more devel work for a while) so I can basically just do a hot-swap of my drive status. This is kinda annoying because I wanna check my email.. .I suppose I'll just have to either make a separate RAR of my email archive or go without email or use a web interface. In any case, I need quick recommendations for new HDDs! I want drives between 60 and 120GB (really, I don't need more) with liquid bearings and from a company with a really good track record. I know that the Western Digital record is pretty good, but I also had one of those drives fail on me (although this one is fine) and I don't think any of their drives have liquid bearings. "JB" is what I see in their product IDs, and unless that stands for 'jelly' or something, I don't know if I want it. So, please, prompt responses before my drive dies and I need to use the laptop to come here and beg! (At least I've got 802.11b in the house now, w00t!)

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 1 of 5, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Whistle while you work (or don't).....hahahahha

Western Digital + a ME-320 5.25" USB2/1394 drive is niiiiceee. I have 2 of 'em. 1 for work/home, and another as a backup of that that I backup after huge changes or monthly.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline