VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Response to a little discussion on the Temple OS topic.
I felt that the other topic should rest in peace.
So I'm replying in this one.
Hope that's okay. 😅

yawetaG wrote on 2021-02-18, 17:41:
Jo22 wrote on 2021-02-18, 12:37:

But he was kind of spiritual, too. Coders are rather atheists aren't they? So they are sceptics rather than believers.

🤣, no, they like to believe that, but more often they just replace religion with a lot of dogmas about technology. I actually did a MSc before getting into coding, and I'm constantly amazed at how uncritical and narrow-minded many coders are (also university-grade IT-education in my country seems to have some serious issues with teaching people how to critically analyze problems).

Just found this in the news.
There seems to be a new study about this matter.
https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2021- … h-rib070121.php

Personally, I think that a spiritual attitude can have a positive effect in general.
The type of religion/spirituality itself might be not so important, maybe. It's purely the attitude for having an open mind.
People who believe in something, say monks or philosophers, usually do spend a lot more thoughts on what we perceive as trivial.
That being said, this doesn't mean that these people are any better. It's just their way of thinking that sets them apart from the dumbed down mass. 😀

Oh, and then there's the whole "mind over matter" hippie thing from the 60s/70s or so.
Scientists slowly start to realize that the state of the mind/brain plays an important role for physical health.
Thoughts do essentially manifest into the physical.
Personally, I'm not surprised, even though I *believe* in science. 😀

In cold war, quite a few strange PSI experiments are said to have happened, involving telepathy and empathy.
Some of them involved experiments with poor animals. Some were threaded badly, which their friends noticed over long distances.
This stuff was measurable via EEG.

Likewise, some plants like the Philodendron family are said to be very sensitive and compatible with oscilloscopes.
There was the story about an owner who got into telephatic contact with such a plant:
Each time he watered his plant, be concentrated on the act of watering his plant, while the plant was happy and caused a specific reading on the scope.
However, one time, he didn't actually water the plant, but merely imagined doing so. Strangely, though, the plant caused the same reading!

Another example from a TV documentary :
Passengers of a plane crash were clinical dead, but were brought back.
After a while, they did show a shift in personality.
Strangely, they each adopted habits and interests of the other passengers that were brought back .
Without knowing the others or their hobbies, even.

What I'm trying to say: Let's never underestimate the world that surround us. 😀
We know very little yet and things that look like hocus-pocus may have a scientific foundation that we just haven't discovered.

PS: Sorry for the little necro!
If this doesn't fit in this place, a moderator can feel free to split off this posting or move it.

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 1 of 1, by gandhig

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Likewise, some plants like the Philodendron family are said to be very sensitive and compatible with oscilloscopes. There was th […]
Show full quote

Likewise, some plants like the Philodendron family are said to be very sensitive and compatible with oscilloscopes.
There was the story about an owner who got into telephatic contact with such a plant:
Each time he watered his plant, be concentrated on the act of watering his plant, while the plant was happy and caused a specific reading on the scope.
However, one time, he didn't actually water the plant, but merely imagined doing so. Strangely, though, the plant caused the same reading!

Another out of the ordinary plant study is referred in https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/ar … es-the-evidence

In cold war, quite a few strange PSI experiments are said to have happened, involving telepathy and empathy.
Some of them involved experiments with poor animals. Some were threaded badly, which their friends noticed over long distances.
This stuff was measurable via EEG.

Isn't that the one with the rabbit?

In the words of the masters, Spirituality is 'Going Within', in simple words. Only the words are simple, personally speaking.

Dosbox SVN r4019 + savestates Build (Alpha)
1st thread & the only one related to the forum(?)...warning about modern-retro combo
Dead, but, Personal Favourite
Replacement for Candy Crush...Train the Brain