VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm not quite sure if this is allowed. Stop me if it isn't 😊

I invite you all to come visit my new forum: http://s4.invisionfree.com/Gamers_Grotto/

I need some new members and I'm even offering staff jobs to those who can come up with many referals. 😁

The layout is still work in progress, I'm tinkering with it constantly so bear with me. I already have a few members from across the internet from various forums.

Reply 1 of 8, by fed1943

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

When I was seeing your forum,I received a message from my anti-virus,telling it detected and delected a virus named MHTML Redir.Exploit.
Best regards,

just younger than computers

Reply 2 of 8, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Er...what? 😳 Mine doesn't detect anything. No other member has told me of such an issue. You sure you didn't pick that up elsewhere? 😒

It's either that or your AV is against all forms of scripting and thought my invision codes were malicous (which I assure you they are not)

Not to mention I don't use mhtml so it could not have possibly been my forum. 😅

EDIT: Upon furhter investigation on Google it appears to be NAV complaining about javascript code that it does not approve of. It seems to occur dut to google's ad service. It is nothing to be worried of and it deleted by way of clearing your cache. They suggest updating windows to fix this and run a complete scan to remove any traces.

a.k.a - Isn't my fault! 😁

Reply 3 of 8, by fed1943

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I was just advising,not complaining.I cannot tell you more,because I don´t know what it is mhtml,javascript or gif.I just copied the message.
Best regards,

Reply 4 of 8, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Sweet, hopefully more AV companies will identify Ads as viruses. Heh. If wishes were candy.....

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 6 of 8, by fed1943

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Once again,I visited your forum and,this time,my AV said nothing.
(How can an old school understand computers?).
Best regards,

Reply 7 of 8, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
eL_PuSHeR wrote:

No problems here running Opera 8.xß

BTW - Very dark forum layout imho. 😁

Yep. Bright colours don't interest me 😉 I also have an LCD so it doesn't seem as dark as some CRT monitors make it. Maybe I should tweak it a bit brighter? 😦

@fed: I would suggest Firefox and moreso the Adblock extension. I use it and I sometimes forget my forum even HAS an Ad 😁