VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by dave343

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hey All,

So I have a storage locker full of old hardware that I need to empty, and I'm wondering where the best place to offer it for free is? All the stuff is 386, 486, Pentium, Pentium 2, and a little some Athlon and Pentum 4. But it's quite a lot of stuff, CPU's Video cards, sound cards, motherboards, boxes and boxes. I'd rather not give it away in piecemeal, or throw it out. Are there specific forums / websites for this somewhere? I'm not interested in selling, so no ebay. Located in Toronto, Canada. I just want to give the stuff away to anyone who could use it. I'm going to hold onto 2 systems but I need to reclaim my storage unit so unfortunately most of my collection I need to part with. Thanks in advance.

Reply 1 of 3, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You can give away stuff here on this forum:
Old hardware giveaway thread.

If I was in Canada, I would be more than willing to take it off your hands.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 2 of 3, by libby

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I'm in the Toronto area and use such hardware to rebuild period-specific systems / give it out to community folks needing parts, and could take it all off your hands if you like. I'm not picky and make use of everything. Feel free to message me.

Reply 3 of 3, by chinny22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The Vintage Computer Fed's have an active buy/swap/sell/giveaway section.
https://www.vcfed.org

I can understand not wanting to put the time and effort in giving away individual items but maybe bundles will help shift things quicker?
Say a job lot of sound cards, another of graphics cards, etc as taking on an entire storage unit can be a bit daunting.
Just an idea