VOGONS

Common searches

Reply 40 of 48, by Almoststew1990

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Happy Christmas nerds!

We're wrapping up here in the UK. My fiance is back in Finland for 3 weeks, coming back on Jan 10th, and my brother and partner are stuck in France (well, they probably wouldn't be able to get back into France) so it's been quite a quiet Christmas with our remaining family, only the five of us.

I didn't get anything retro related but did get an airfix Eurofighter Typhoon that will keep me out of trouble for a while. Naturally it's rained all day so we've been stuck inside!

Ryzen 3700X | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | AMD 6800XT | 2Tb NVME SSD | Windows 10
AMD DX2-80 | 16MB RAM | STB LIghtspeed 128 | AWE32 CT3910
I have a vacancy for a main Windows 98 PC

Reply 41 of 48, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Joakim wrote on 2021-12-25, 18:57:

Oh and I got a nose hair trimmers I actually asked for. Guys trim your nose hair, they are horrid.

As you get older other areas will sprout hair as well. So keep those around for future surprises. 🤣

Reply 43 of 48, by brostenen

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
liqmat wrote on 2021-12-25, 19:15:

Oh and I got a nose hair trimmers I actually asked for. Guys trim your nose hair, they are horrid.

As you get older other areas will sprout hair as well. So keep those around for future surprises. 🤣

Naaah.... Just grab the hair with two fingers and yank. That will do the trick. 😉

Don't eat stuff off a 15 year old never cleaned cpu cooler.
Those cakes make you sick....

My blog: http://to9xct.blogspot.dk
My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/brostenen

001100 010010 011110 100001 101101 110011

Reply 44 of 48, by liqmat

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
brostenen wrote on 2021-12-25, 21:40:
liqmat wrote on 2021-12-25, 19:15:

Naaah.... Just grab the hair with two fingers and yank. That will do the trick. 😉

Naah... hint: it aint just one hair. hehe (this is such a lovely Christmas conversation)

Reply 45 of 48, by Horun

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Merry Christmas everyone !! Hope your Holiday is a good one !

Hate posting a reply and then have to edit it because it made no sense 😁 First computer was an IBM 3270 workstation with CGA monitor. Stuff: https://archive.org/details/@horun

Reply 46 of 48, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Merry Christmas all.

I got about 6 months supply of chocolate, socks, shirts, back scrubber, and very slightly vaguely related to retro activities if it focuses close enough for macro mode, a 10x lens that clips over a cellphone camera, and stomach-ache from sampling 2 families worth of Christmas cookies, food and desserts etc.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 47 of 48, by shamino

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Intel486dx33 wrote on 2021-12-25, 18:36:

Anyone get any retro hardware, software, movies or music ?

I was given 3 NES games (Ghosts 'n Goblins, Strider, and Willow). Looking forward to those, yes even Ghosts 'n Goblins (had it as a kid).
I didn't get anything retro for PC - thought about asking for a Dallas RTC chip for a socket-4 I intend to put together, but that seemed too obscure.

Heard it snowed again at my old place in CA, but as is typical there I don't think it was quite cold enough to stick around. Snow that stays through the day was always a much rarer event. It was a funny spot, very often just a few hundred feet below the snowline, and you'd cross into a snowy zone if you went anywhere.
Here in FL it was party town as usual. Somebody rented a bouncy castle, saw some kids riding (new?) bikes and some kids got a new go-cart. Heard some fireworks go off the last couple nights.

The last few times I've seen them, some of the family's kids have always wanted to play Truck Simulator on my PC with the wheel setup. I thought I'd surprise them by installing a snow mod. This time they had better things to do and didn't ask to play. Oh well.

Reply 48 of 48, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
brostenen wrote on 2021-12-25, 16:13:
386SX wrote on 2021-12-25, 15:34:

Well usually here you know it's Christmas cause they air the movie Trading Places (1983) at the TV everytimes. An 80's classic.

And the movie Die Hard. 😉

Yeah they did that too, even this year! 😁
Quite classic movies and compared to many modern ones are still good ones indeed. The Die Hard (1988) scene when they cut the electricity to the building and the safe opened with the Christmas soundtrack increasing volume in background is a classic. 😁