VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hi Folks,

I'm mostly on facebook to keep tabs on the fam, and I use the marketplace a little... but it's seeming of late that the community standards AI bot has gone bonkers, flagging comments it doesn't understand. I got flagged a month ago, apparently the word "kidnap" used in a joke is overly violent now, meh, whatever, I let that one pass, then I get flagged again this week on a post of a list article, saying simply I didn't agree with 3 of the inclusions, no rude or "violent" language, and bam, that comment barred too. (It wasn't a politically or racially sensitive article either)

So just wondering really is anyone else finding it super heavy handed with nonsensical deletions? Meanwhile the really obvious bots with no profile and stock photo picture swarm all posts slightly critical of Russia or China, and actual malicious sounding posts fly under the radar on the daily.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 1 of 13, by Donovan V.

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
BitWrangler wrote on 2022-04-01, 16:32:

Hi Folks,

I'm mostly on facebook to keep tabs on the fam, and I use the marketplace a little... but it's seeming of late that the community standards AI bot has gone bonkers, flagging comments it doesn't understand. I got flagged a month ago, apparently the word "kidnap" used in a joke is overly violent now, meh, whatever, I let that one pass, then I get flagged again this week on a post of a list article, saying simply I didn't agree with 3 of the inclusions, no rude or "violent" language, and bam, that comment barred too. (It wasn't a politically or racially sensitive article either)

So just wondering really is anyone else finding it super heavy handed with nonsensical deletions? Meanwhile the really obvious bots with no profile and stock photo picture swarm all posts slightly critical of Russia or China, and actual malicious sounding posts fly under the radar on the daily.

HAHAHA! Allright, Im not mocking you. But the AI has been a pile of fried feces for quite some time. Im a native spanish speaker. Some time ago, there was a huge influx of Venezuelans into Ecuador due to the countries "lovely" economic principles. So... naturally there was some xenophobia against the migrants. At some point in the discussion, a girl comes to me and tells me that "They are all thieves and criminals" to which I replied "They're #@$#% humans! A few bad apples will come through the borders, yes but..."

Guess who got suspended for a month? Ah... good times, good times. 🤣

Reply 2 of 13, by rmay635703

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes this is a common problem with Facebook

I used the adage
Whoever invented that should be drug out into the street and shot.
Referring to something stupid likely invented in the 18th century and got
Put into Facebook jail

Apparently Facebook now has a bot that looks for no no words/phrases and places you into jail and obviously you can’t actually successfully appeal to a bot.

Understand also that Facebook is somewhat retaliatory , every time I’ve gone to jail it was always after being forced to report something truly ideotic or illegal.

It’s very rare I do report but I grew tired of the same Ellen Degenerate scam bot trying to steal info, reported and blocked, wasn’t 5 minutes later and bam big red banner.

Every time I have gotten in Fbook jail there have been comments I made that under their rules could have put me in their jail legitimately but The thing they choose to jail me for is usually non-sensically harmless compared to my responses to people filled with ignorance and hate.

Go figure

More amusing is the scams stealing info didn’t get blocked or taken down and I see racist, sexist rage comments being directed 4 letter word style toward harmless people but those comments stay put.

As a result of not being allowed to post, like, etc for an extended period I have taken the time to report rage comments to Facebook I normally would instead respond to intelligently.

I doubt Facebook will remove hate, rage, personal attacks and foreign propaganda but hopefully my reports to Facebook at least waste some time spreading love to the leader bot.

Reply 3 of 13, by Donovan V.

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

So far, our great technology overlords havent been able to create Artificial Intellingence but Artificial Stupidity IS widely used in the world. I sometimes wonder if they have a Datacenter filled to the brim with Wheatley cores...

Reply 4 of 13, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Hmmm I wasn't aware that spammers etc could tell who reported them, I had reported a bunch of air duct cleaning spam in some groups. I had some trouble last year come to think of it, after I kept reporting a sponsored advertiser purporting to offer an RV for sale ultra cheap located at "wherever users locale was" but using pictures posted some 5 years ago on website of a west coast RV seller.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 5 of 13, by weedeewee

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Oh No!
Anyway,

The scammers are more likely to spend money on facebook advertising than your average dude/dudette.

Right to repair is fundamental. You own it, you're allowed to fix it.
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Do not ask Why !
https://www.vogonswiki.com/index.php/Serial_port

Reply 6 of 13, by VileR

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Dude, that's what they do. Everyone's got an AI to detect "fraud", an AI to detect "copyright infringement", an AI to detect "misinformation", an AI to detect "abuse". And to back up all that intelligence, there's the armies of $0.05-an-hour drones paid to *think* like AIs, only more motivated to ruin your day simply as a way to inflict their misery on others.

It all works the same way - you're guilty until proven innocent, except that you are given zero means to prove your innocence. As someone recently observed on another forum: trying to do anything online these days feels like a real life adaptation of The Trial by Kafka. At this point, I just stay out of it as much as I can just to preserve some human dignity.

[ WEB ] - [ BLOG ] - [ TUBE ] - [ CODE ]

Reply 7 of 13, by rmay635703

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
BitWrangler wrote on 2022-04-01, 18:16:

Hmmm I wasn't aware that spammers etc could tell who reported them, I had reported a bunch of air duct cleaning spam in some groups. I had some trouble last year come to think of it, after I kept reporting a sponsored advertiser purporting to offer an RV for sale ultra cheap located at "wherever users locale was" but using pictures posted some 5 years ago on website of a west coast RV seller.

Might be a coincidence but…

I have a feeling that when you report something a bit of
Blame the operator
Occurs

I doubt it’s the sponsor but it seems like Facebook reviews your content when you report someone else. (Or perhaps that someone else didn’t like what you had to say either by sheer happenstance)

I’m not the first to notice this either.

Reply 8 of 13, by cyclone3d

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You should try posting memes on Facebook.

3-2-1-0 Facebook jail.

Yamaha modified setupds and drivers
Yamaha XG repository
YMF7x4 Guide
Aopen AW744L II SB-LINK

Reply 9 of 13, by rmay635703

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
cyclone3d wrote on 2022-04-01, 18:37:

You should try posting memes on Facebook.

3-2-1-0 Facebook jail.

I did a copy pasta of the How is Babby formed meme to a grammar nazi who was making fun of the op
and they thought I originated it and spent lots of time writing it and went into a rage,
Even though I had a link to the source material

blocked for 90 days from the forum

Reply 10 of 13, by BEEN_Nath_58

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Let me talk about YouTube. Apparently it deleted my cousin's video on "How to upgrade from Windows 10 to 11?" for showing harmful content. MS and YT should be having a problem now.

previously known as Discrete_BOB_058

Reply 11 of 13, by rmay635703

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Out of curiosity I reported a message that was identical to one of mine that got taken down and got the
“We didn’t take down XXXXX” because it didn’t violate our standards

It’s unfortunate you can’t actually respond beyond selection boxes to paste “evidence “ that selective moderation is in full force