VOGONS

Common searches

I will never EVER buy a robot manufactured in China

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 20 of 26, by MarkP

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
ZellSF wrote on 2022-07-23, 09:54:
VileR wrote on 2022-07-23, 09:37:

That's a relief. I didn't realize that "practically every nation" has China's near-monopoly over the manufacture of electronics these days, and has the same need to engage in proven wholesale theft and manipulation of information to the degree China does.

Everyone tries to do it to the extent they're capable of. If you think Russia and the US are moral saints beyond manipulating information and stealing what they can, you must have missed a lot of news. It's more understandable that you've missed what smaller actors are doing.

Really not seeing the near-monopoly on the manufacture of electronics either. A quick Google search gives me only results that they have a monopoly on raw materials, but you can't spy on people with raw materials.

I think they can with a special raw material that goes in to components called Chinezzium 😉

Reply 21 of 26, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
VileR wrote on 2022-07-23, 09:37:
ZellSF wrote on 2022-07-23, 07:31:

That's a description that fits practically every nation.

There are legitimate things to be mad about the CCP about (not so much the Chinese). This is just misguided nonsense.

That's a relief. I didn't realize that "practically every nation" has China's near-monopoly over the manufacture of electronics these days, and has the same need to engage in proven wholesale theft and manipulation of information to the degree China does.

None of this is about "the Chinese" or being blindly "anti-China", despite the track record of the CCP in trying to spin every type of disapproval that way. It's funny how this stuff always seems to come from either (1) apologists, or (2) people who buy cheap Huawei or Xiaomi routers, and simply want to believe really hard that they don't have backdoors the size of aircraft carriers.

I'm going to refrain from posting much more in this thread, as the apologists and woke regurgitators are starting to chime in. And my bp is building. But I do want to point out that this particular reply is eloquent and wellput. Wake up (some of) the rest of you.

Reply 25 of 26, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

But you copied my word, you you regurgitator you.

Stating someone prescribes.to woke ideology means they believe everything is equal. Men really can have babies, all regimes are as bad, or good, as all the rest. There are no inequalities. Yet you point out that there's grave inequities in what someone like me has to say. IOW if someone doesn't prescribe to woke bs they're deficient somehow.