Common searches

can anyone recommend a cologne?

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 50, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well...although I said it wasn't a terrible scent, that doesn't mean I want to smell like it all day.

I didn't comparison shop for colognes this week. I bought a 7$ US bottle of Bod. Blue Surf. It's still pretty nice. It'll have to do for now.

Reply 41 of 50, by 386SX

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Well it's a complex because subjective question which depends on so many variables and some can be expert but still it'd be difficult to suggest a parfum brand/model. In the past when I used to spend a bit on Eau De Toilette or Eau De Parfum's, I tried many commercial high end ones and always found only few ones that were imho worth their price. And the few good ones I found has long been discontinued or changed probably formulation over the time.
If we are talking about good commercial but still not expensive eau de toilette I'd try as a good one the classic Davidoff Cool Water (the old classic version, no others). I say commercial because there're high end rare brands that probably very few people would consider worth their price and often is even difficult to understand where is the value (beside of course the time they last).

About the discussion if a parfum would be worth using or not, when living and working in social enviroments along other people, it is just like wearing a good dress to go to work or instead going for a random choice in the morning. It's not mandatory (in some companies I suppose it is) but sometime can be understood why people prefer a good dress when the appearance became sadly often more important than the knowledges the person might have for example at work.

Sorry as usual for my basic English.

Reply 43 of 50, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Eau de armpit sweat, feet, ashtray and rotten coffee grounds, the true essence of of an 80s computer geek. Brought to you by Stale, makers of euh, not much else. 😉

Seriously, though, IMHO, you're overthinking it, try some stuff over the course of a few visits to a store or two and choose what you like best, whether it's marketed towards men, women, duckbill dinosaurs, geriatric hobbits or whoever else.

Reply 44 of 50, by Sphere478

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Wd-40 works pretty good

Sphere's PCB projects.
-
Sphere’s socket 5/7 cpu collection.
-
SUCCESSFUL K6-2+ to K6-3+ Full Cache Enable Mod
-
Tyan S1564S to S1564D single to dual processor conversion (also s1563 and s1562)

Reply 45 of 50, by Unknown_K

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

The trick is to find one that smells good on you (mixed with your scent).

I have not used cologne in ages but back in the Middle Ages I used Old Spice, Drakkar or Polo. These days I just smell like faint soap and speed stick unless the AC isn't working.

Collector of old computers, hardware, and software

Reply 46 of 50, by Jo22

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

That's the best cologne..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cologne

:D

"Time, it seems, doesn't flow. For some it's fast, for some it's slow.
In what to one race is no time at all, another race can rise and fall..." - The Minstrel

//My video channel//

Reply 48 of 50, by chris2021

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Say it right - nein dumpkopf! Pardon the spelling if it's wtomg (probably is).

I use German pejoratives when referring to my cats. "Beebee schweinhund, baby schweinhund. Little schweinhund". As I stroke their fur.

Reply 49 of 50, by darry

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
Jo22 wrote on 2022-09-10, 03:12:

That's the best cologne..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cologne

😁

I wish I could upvote this!

More on topic, but not quite serious, @OP avoid Aqua Velva, unless you plan on pairing it with a leisure suit and cheesy pickup lines .😉