VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Look at this: total DVD failure 😯
It appears to have leaked some glue, resin, molten plastic, or varnish while or some time after moulding the disc. Nothing like this has ever happened to me before in many years...
Have you ever seen anything like this?

P_20231010_152501_1.jpg
Filename
P_20231010_152501_1.jpg
File size
731.72 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

I'll try to fix it, any ideas?

"Gamer & collector for passion, I firmly believe in the preservation and the diffusion of old/rare software, against all personal egoisms"

Reply 4 of 8, by DerBaum

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

It looks like when they made the disc the glue between the layers had air bubbles in it (you can see them in the center).
I can only assume that the air went inside the disc when pressing it instead of out...

FCKGW-RHQQ2

Reply 7 of 8, by BitWrangler

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

You know they always claimed to counter complaints about encryption, copy protection etc that "We will joyfully replace any faulty disc" so I'd phone and make a nuisance of myself.

Unicorn herding operations are proceeding, but all the totes of hens teeth and barrels of rocking horse poop give them plenty of hiding spots.

Reply 8 of 8, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I bought it on eBay and already got a total refund so I'd gladly destroy it myself in an attempt to make it readable. 😅

"Gamer & collector for passion, I firmly believe in the preservation and the diffusion of old/rare software, against all personal egoisms"