l33t++

So, you like?

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 1 of 11, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Beats a kick to the head. Of course, having said that, I'm not at all a fan of getting kicked in the head. So that's not much of a compliment, I guess.

Oh, I'm sorry. Were you wanting a rational response?

Reply 2 of 11, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Seems faster on this lil' 56k modem I'm browsing from.

What's the specs of the new server?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 4 of 11, by [vEX]

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I haven't noticed any difference but I'm sure it's much better than the last one.

Antec P182B | Asus P8Z77-V PRO | Intel i5 3570k | 16GB DDR3 | 4TB HDD | Pioneer BDR-207D | Asus Xonar DX | Altec Lansing CS21 | Eizo EV2736W-BK | Arch Linux (64-bit/x86_64)

Reply 5 of 11, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The processor is twice as fast and it has four times as much RAM. 😀 While the performance might not seem to have a difference, I guarantee you that this server will not crash even 1/1000th as much as the old one! There should also not be any 'server too busy' problems. 😀

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 6 of 11, by Nicht Sehr Gut

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Oddly enough, I was receiving the "We're moving a new server" message several hours after the new server was up and running. Was unable access it for hours yesterday...

Maybe someone kicked it in the head.

Reply 7 of 11, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

No, that's DNS propogation being really, really stupid. Honestly, the current method of DNS is quite terrible. I'm still being sent to the old server when I try to connect to zetafleet.com despite the fact that I changed the DNS last night!! Something is awry. It's weird, because the TTL is only one hour. Anyway, I ramble. Hopefully things will be fixed up soon. I've also put in a request with my registrar to change nameservers for zetafleet.com. Hopefully they'll process it soon.

Yes, it’s my fault.

Reply 8 of 11, by [vEX]

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Originally posted by Snover The processor is twice as fast and it has four times as much RAM. 😀 While the performance might not seem to have a difference, I guarantee you that this server will not crash even 1/1000th as much as the old one! There should also not be any 'server too busy' problems. 😀

Nice, but I never ever had any problem before (could be because of my timezone).

Antec P182B | Asus P8Z77-V PRO | Intel i5 3570k | 16GB DDR3 | 4TB HDD | Pioneer BDR-207D | Asus Xonar DX | Altec Lansing CS21 | Eizo EV2736W-BK | Arch Linux (64-bit/x86_64)

Reply 11 of 11, by Snover

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

It should be pretty solid ... much moreso than the last server, which was full of holes. Inevitably it's less secure than a workstation because it is a server with open ports for various services, but that isn't a very large security risk since everything is configured well.

Yes, it’s my fault.