Common searches

First post, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

So you want to be a hero? Here is my Quest for Glory Guide
---------------------------------------------------

Heres the method I have been using ever since I started playing QFG back in the day.

We'll go through each game and I'll explain what to do:

PS- I use the remake of QG1....since that one's my fav

QFG1) You start out as the theif, use the points you have extra to add to magic and parry. Now your character has every stat available. While playing go to the thieves guild and other places and try to max out every stat possible to 100. Magic can be bought since you know the magic skill

QFG2) Import your character....ZOOM! Now it thinks you are a fighter due to the parry skill. This game you are attempting to become a Paladin. Do every one of the Honour quests to increase your chances. This game is hard to increase your stats...but keep facing Rakeesh...he helps alot. Buy every magic spell you can since you know it. Also practice pick-locking before doing honour quests to maintain 'paladin' stature.

QFG3) Assuming you did QFG2 correctly, you should have become a paladin. Import to this games and Bada-boom your called a paladin. Now you will also notice you have magic spells that you never bought! Neat huh? Unfortunately your lock-picks have vanished and their is no way to practice that in this game. Now, this game is very easy to raise your stats in the wild and in the simbani village. To get full honour (and full paladin skills) go to the your hut and talk to yourself by choosing "Greet"...do this too much and your honour will rise...hehehe

QFG4) Import as a paladin again. This game you can increase every one of your skills including lock-picks. You can visit the thives guild since you know the sign....also you can find the magic spells since you know magic. On top of that, raise your honour and your paladin skills increase. Your pretty strong during this game.....battles may come easy! You'll also notice the game "magically" filled in the empty spaces in your magic list...

QFG5) Import as a Paladin and have fun! Now you have everything, all skills, lockpicks, daggers, swords, armour, the works. All quests can be completed in any way you want of the 4. You can goto the thives guild and do thieves puzzles, you can goto the magic shop and get spells....you can do honourable deeds and get new abilites. I have never played this one long enough to beat it, but belive me your practically invicible with 400+ stats...

And there you have it....it works for me every time and I'm sure all you QG fans will love this trick.

Reply 1 of 7, by Serious Callers Only

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

There was a way to practice lockpicking in qfg3. I can't remember it but there was. (maybe your chest in the hotel). The real downer was climbing, that had only some places to practice. A way to get much better at some skill in short game time was to go to the big tree, or the peace lake and (possibly) the bat rock . Since those places were blessed by erana you could regain your stamina in the shortest rest (10 minutes).

This is also the first game in which the climb skill exists. It's hidden and you need to know the thief sign and use it with the rope seller to get it.

Reply 3 of 7, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yep. Acrobatics is in but its not a skill perse. Basically if you are a genuine thief then you can do it on the rope and on the practice logs.

As for climbing you can practice on that tree in the forest (where manu takes you) its a royal pain in the ass but going up and down its possible, just don't as for a rope and it will work.

Man its been so long since I played these games and wrote that guide for another website. 😒 I've drifted, I guess one of these days I need to sit down and play through 1-5.

I'm one of the few who likes qfg5, many people wrote it off due to fear of change and 3d.

Reply 4 of 7, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

What you call fear of change, I call disappointment that they gave up a consistent play style in favor of basing the fifth and final game in an epic series around what was a flashy new technology at the time. I don't have much right to complain though, as I never got much past the third game.

Trivia: I remember reading an interview with the authors (a husband and wife team - don't remember their names at the moment) where they said they had originally envisioned a four part series, with each part being associated with one of the four fantasy elements (earth, air, fire and water) or something like that. They said that what we know as the third game was an extra game that they felt needed to be made to make the overall storyline more cohesive. Not sure how good my memory is though, so take it with a grain of salt (as with most everything I say)...

Reply 5 of 7, by avatar_58

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

You are correct, the 3rd game was actually supposed to be "Shadows of Darkness", just finish QFG2 and you will see a ad for QG3:Shadows. I assume that meant they were going for the vampire story with ad avis right away. They changed their mind and made 3 in tarna. Thank-god really....My fav is #3!! 😁

Honestly if you play QFG5 without expecting it to top the other 4 then its great. It takes awhile to get used to the action combat but I love it. The fact that every character can use all their abilites makes it a plus anyway. The seperate quests and the fact that you might not complete a quest if you aren't fast enough was interesting.

Reply 6 of 7, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Maybe it was the arcade sequences that turned me off. I had a pretty slow computer at the time that I first played it. I thought QFG2 had the best combat by far.

Reply 7 of 7, by collector

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Lori Cole and Corey Cole are the developers names. I have 5, but have never finished it. Never held my interest long enough.

The Sierra Help Pages -- New Sierra Game Installers -- Sierra Game Patches -- New Non-Sierra Game Installers