VOGONS

Common searches

First post, by eberhab

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi everyone!

I just bought a 5" 320k floppy drive a TEAC FD-55BR-634-U to read some old floppy disks.

The vogosdrivers-site looks great and has a lot of documentation about these drives here: http://vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=1891&menustate=0

The text-invetory file lists:
5FD0020A FD55BR-xxx (5.25" 360kb Floppy Disk Drive) Specifications and jumper setting information

However, unfortunately, file 5FD0020A.pdf is missing from the linked archive.

The page suggests to register here in this forum and report the issue to the user "SquallStrife". However if one just registered, one cannot send PMs.

Would someone be so kind to forward my message?

Thank you 😀

Reply 1 of 4, by WolverineDK

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
eberhab wrote on 2024-02-12, 17:47:
Hi everyone! […]
Show full quote

Hi everyone!

I just bought a 5" 320k floppy drive a TEAC FD-55BR-634-U to read some old floppy disks.

The vogosdrivers-site looks great and has a lot of documentation about these drives here: http://vogonsdrivers.com/getfile.php?fileid=1891&menustate=0

5FD0020A FD55BR-xxx (5.25" 360kb Floppy Disk Drive) Specifications and jumper setting information

The page suggests to register here in this forum and report the issue to the user "SquallStrife". However if one just registered, one cannot send PMs.

Thank you 😀

message sent to SquallStrife

Reply 2 of 4, by PC Hoarder Patrol

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
eberhab wrote on 2024-02-12, 17:47:
Hi everyone! […]
Show full quote

Hi everyone!

Thank you 😀

Welcome to Vogons 😀

No doubt SquallStrife or the archive file author, @Horun, will correct the omission shortly.

Meantime I've attached a copy of the missing file below...

Filename
5fd0020a.pdf
File size
385.57 KiB
Downloads
10 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 3 of 4, by eberhab

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Awesome! That's exactly what I was looking for 😀 Thank you for the message forward and the file!

Btw: for the FD55BR the jumper definitions seems to differ between versions [0xx, 1xx] and [3xx, 4xx, 5xx] of the drive. Mine however is a 6xx which isn't documented. It does look like the jumpers match the definition of the previous version. However if someone has dedicated documentation for 6xx, maybe it could be included in the archive.

Reply 4 of 4, by SquallStrife

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Cheers WolverineDK for the headsup 😀

I'll add it to my list of things to do, if Horun doesn't get to it first!

Also, there is an ongoing thread here: VOGONS Driver Library ...that I am subscribed to, and will get notifications if a reply is posted there.

VogonsDrivers.com | Link | News Thread