VOGONS

First post, by KingSD

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I am running a Knight Online private server. This game is written in directx8 and as you know, I'm having a lot of performance and quality problems. I'm using Crosire's dx8to9 wrapper, it mostly takes care of the performance issues but I'm having quality issues. I recently tried dgVoodoo2_54 and had very good results. However, this version causes appcrash errors, especially on nvidia video cards. I tried new dgVoodoo2 versions but had a lot of graphics issues. Let's come to the main question;

Can I get a paid wrapper for my Knight Online private server that converts a dx8 to dx11 without an appcrash error? If it is positive, can you give me information about what I should do about it?

Reply 1 of 6, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Does those graphics issues come with nVidia cards too? Because 2.54 and 2.55 are known to be the last versions working with native AMD DX11.
If so, then it'd be better to check out those issues and fix them instead of fixing 2.54 (I cannot really do that, I'm not sure if I have the source and also, the compiler version I used back in the time).

Reply 2 of 6, by KingSD

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

2.54 or 2.55 versions are not necessary. I can let you know the technical information of the errors received and I can work with any version of dgVoodoo.

I am also a software developer, I can solve many problems myself, but unfortunately I do not have much experience in DX.Most of the problems I encountered in 2.54 were shader related and could be solved. Everything else worked fine, performance improved and image quality was excellent. But I got an error from nvidia's driver
Bad module name: nvwgf2um.dll, version: 23.21.13.8912, timestamp: 0x5aa01bce
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Error offset 0x0074f476
Bad module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvhm.inf_amd64_ebea877f10dfbbc7\nvwgf2um.dll

We don't get this error at ATI. Then I thought I'd try the latest version. I downloaded and tried dgVoodoo v2.76.1, this is the screen i got
https://i.ibb.co/4YWPcVR/error1.png

I tried so many combinations on dgvoodo cpl but can not solve this error i think there is an alpha layer error on dxt images. Because of this issue i could not try .276.1 completely. It may works without appcrash but i dont know . That's why I asked for paid assistance. Can we talk about this subject? If I provide you with the technical facilities and the fee, can you help me? For example, I will enter the game with the latest version and test whether there is an appcrash event.

Reply 3 of 6, by KingSD

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

there is no alpha related images error on nvidia with 2.76.1 . Everything looks good , but having nvidia driver dll error in a few minutes later.

now i will try 2.76.1 on ati . Evrything is black and white but i will see if its getting appcrash.

Reply 4 of 6, by KingSD

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

now running 2.76.1 on a radeon rx 580, didnt apear appcrash but some dxt formats having trouble , i think you can fix theese issue in a few minutes or hours , but i have to work on them more than weeks .

7obkxsd.png

now i am ingame for more than 20 minutes still didnt get the appcrash. I just want it apperas like it does on nvidia , and works like it does on ati radeon .

Reply 5 of 6, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Bad module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nvhm.inf_amd64_ebea877f10dfbbc7\nvwgf2um.dll

Don't you have an imghelp.dll lying around in the game folder? The same (IIRC) problem was caused by that with Mech Commander 2:

Re: dgVoodoo not work for MechCommander 2(win10)

As for AMD, yes, it's the well known solid-color-texture problem. What about D3D12 instead of D3D11? That should work on an AMD too.