VOGONS

First post, by somebody2978

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi. I am applying "dgVoodoo2" in "Kega Fusion" (Sega Genesis console emulator) to convert DirectDraw in DX11, and thus be able to make this compatible with ReShade that require that API. Placing "D3DImm.dll" and "DDraw.dll" (MS x86) inside the emulator directory succeeds in enabling DX11.
But I have noticed that enabling the emulator's "4xBRZ MT (Zenju)" render plugin with the dgVoodoo2 DLLs to convert it to DX11 causes temporary framerate drops, without saturating hardware resources. This happens when full screen (Alt+Enter). It's really annoying in 2D games.
All games keep 60fps stable with DirectDraw "4xBRZ MT (Zenju)".

I leave the emulator (with the game "Alien 3") with my configuration so that you can test what happens.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/vx2am8ovhebyghb

Reply 1 of 1, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks for the pack! The emulator renderer does its v-syncing by constantly monitoring the v-sync status of the display output. dgVoodoo unfortunately cannot give back precise results for that because the v-sync status cannot be queried through DXGI (DX11). That's why the rendering gets out of v-sync intermittently and can't reach full 60 fps.

So, I don't really have an idea for solving this problem. Maybe another DX wrapper would be more suitable for this emulator.