VOGONS

WIP versions

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 460 of 1111, by Firtasik

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
valterb wrote:

I just switched from a GTX 970 to a Vega 64 and dgVoodoo2 versions 2.55 to 2.55.2 have crazy textures in MechWarrior 4 Vengeance and Mercenaries both. dgVoodoo2 v2.54 and below do not have this issue, but WIP48 does. I never had this issue with the GTX 970.

I'm using Radeon software v18.6.1 and Windows 10 version 1803

Those broken textures can be fixed with "Fast video memory access". In some games at least. For instance, in Test Drive 6 it doesn't fix everything (tested with Vega 8). I don't know about MechWarrior 4.
There's something wrong with the Vega and dgV2 2.55.

11 1 111 11 1 1 1 1 1 11 1 1 111 1 111 1 1 1 1 111

Reply 461 of 1111, by batterymandark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

a very short post, but GTR Fia Racing using gMotor2 engine, have issues with cockpit not showing proper textures , "every thing is super dark and black"
Also the lotus car have jumbled up speed'O'meter textures.

i can't run the game native since it can't detect video memory so i have to run it with dgvoodoo.
so here is a video from the web, how it should look like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWSsCzPtJxE

i will send you a message for the rest.

Reply 462 of 1111, by JangoJungle

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi, I'm back to give a some feedback about Resident Evil 2 Source Next Edition (Jap). I have been testing the latest 2.55.3 and now I can say that the CGI video playback for this game is now PERFECTLY reproduceble. Thanks for you enforts man, this is a sweet piece of software you are making there. I have noticed progress in Pandemoniun too! It now play in normal speed, the past builds did would changed speed factor randomly.

Reply 466 of 1111, by JangoJungle

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

A quick question guys. How can I proxy to another d3d8.dll to be loaded after dgvoodoo? I'm testing a Silent Hill's Enhanced Mod (http://www.enhanced.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/config.htm) but would really apreciate to be able to use dx8 to 11 + MSAA option insdead of the mod's dx8 to 9 (Crosires).

Reply 468 of 1111, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
JangoJungle wrote:

A quick question guys. How can I proxy to another d3d8.dll to be loaded after dgvoodoo? I'm testing a Silent Hill's Enhanced Mod (http://www.enhanced.townofsilenthill.com/SH2/config.htm) but would really apreciate to be able to use dx8 to 11 + MSAA option insdead of the mod's dx8 to 9 (Crosires).

It seems to be able to work if you rename the d3d8.dll to dinput.dll or dsound.dll, but why not just contact the developer of Silent Hill 2 Enhancements?:

https://github.com/elishacloud/Silent-Hill-2-Enhancements
Seems to be actively maintained.

Dege: Reading the issue tracker, apparently dgVoodoo2 has a problem with Silent Hill 2. If you exit the initial room you're in and go left to the abandoned tunnel dgVoodoo2 gives you this:

sh2pc 2018-08-29 20-54-01-41.jpg
Filename
sh2pc 2018-08-29 20-54-01-41.jpg
File size
70.9 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

It's also a problem with Nvidia native D3D8 rendering, but not AMD or WineD3D (shown here):

sh2pc 2018-08-29 20-53-00-21.jpg
Filename
sh2pc 2018-08-29 20-53-00-21.jpg
File size
71.05 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 469 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks for that!
I've "fixed" it. Quotation marks are because this "white shader" problem is not really a (driver) bug but it's about different behaviors of different implementations (nVidia, AMD, dgVoodoo 😀 ) for an undefined texture sampling situation in old DX.

Reply 470 of 1111, by JangoJungle

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have finished this game today and didn't had noticed that bug xD. The game is very nice, playble from start to the end with dgvoodoo and the enhanced mod I mentioned before. I have managed to use the mod in conjunction with dgvoodoo by simply renaming the mod d3d8.dll file to dinput8.dll and it worked flawlesslly. I added 8xSGSSAA antialiasing (very resource expensive on my GTX 1060 when the light is facing the cam view) and the game became much more visually smooth.

Reply 471 of 1111, by Expack3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:

Thanks for that!
I've "fixed" it. Quotation marks are because this "white shader" problem is not really a (driver) bug but it's about different behaviors of different implementations (nVidia, AMD, dgVoodoo 😀 ) for an undefined texture sampling situation in old DX.

Is it too late to make the "fix" a DirectXExt option only for dgVoodoo2 config files? That way, if a game expects "black" as the output for an undefined texture sampling situation, then the user can simply enable the fix. Otherwise, sounds like the "fix" is unneeded in most situations.

Reply 472 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Expack3 wrote:

Is it too late to make the "fix" a DirectXExt option only for dgVoodoo2 config files? That way, if a game expects "black" as the output for an undefined texture sampling situation, then the user can simply enable the fix. Otherwise, sounds like the "fix" is unneeded in most situations.

But I think the problem is, the user won't know if a particular rendering problems is because of default value of texture sampling. Even me didn't know it until got deep into the details and debugged it.
Such an option would just add a new possibility to blindly play with. dgVoodoo gave back zero (0, 0, 0, 0) color vector for that cases so far, all I changed is now it gives back (0, 0, 0, 1).
This fits much more into the general rule of 'vector extension' in DX which says that extra (appended) components must be zero except the last one which is 1 (typically used for texture coordinates when they are converted into a 4 element vector, '1' is for not to mess up the optional vector projection which means dividing all of the vector components by the last one).
Default texture value (in my opinion) corresponds to extending a 0 element vector into 4 elements.

Reply 473 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

New WIP with the recent fixes:

=========================
WIP50:
=========================

Patch to 2.55.3

- Adding new config element 'GeneralExt\WindowedAttributes' for borderless and always on top windows
- D3D6 fixes (The Sims, The Sims Complete Collection)
- Changing default texture sample value (Silent Hill 2 'white shader')
- DDraw fix (Lego Rock Raiders hangup)

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP50.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP50_dbg.zip

Reply 475 of 1111, by batterymandark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
batterymandark wrote:
a very short post, but GTR Fia Racing using gMotor2 engine, have issues with cockpit not showing proper textures , "every thing […]
Show full quote

a very short post, but GTR Fia Racing using gMotor2 engine, have issues with cockpit not showing proper textures , "every thing is super dark and black"
Also the lotus car have jumbled up speed'O'meter textures.

i can't run the game native since it can't detect video memory so i have to run it with dgvoodoo.
so here is a video from the web, how it should look like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWSsCzPtJxE

i will send you a message for the rest.

Tested it with the latest WIP, but the same issue
Here is a video where I compared dgvoodoo vs Native.
However I had trouble booting the game in native, gives a error "insufficient video memory"
I had to copy display id from dxdiag and manualy copy to games config file, and still got only 640x480.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jr4iz_Rk3x0&i … NGci9p9QWN78m26

Reply 476 of 1111, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

hi everyone!
its my 1s post here, and i don't know where to post it, but its heavily related to Dege's stuff and it may be useful for other DDraw games.

Wing commander IV has a bad historic with DGvoodoo2 due to its video player and even the patched version for gog, but i ended up tinkering here with the latest update/wip of DGvoodoo2 and the dgwrap fix at WCnews
https://www.wcnews.com/wcpedia/GOG_WC4_Video_Patch with the Legacy(internal dwrap.dll moving directly to directx) renderer.cfg on, and evr(no external window videoplayer) VideoRendererer.cfg on.

this is the result
https://imgur.com/a/tRwemYr
WCIV now recognizes DGvoodoo2 without bugs at most, besides the menu screens and mouse flickering bugs which can be fixed with Alt+Enter(since the game is still locked at 640x480 4:3), and the directdraw dll's forks which now serves as bridges for the Reshade stuff

but with the Directdraw rendering activated this is what happens

https://imgur.com/a/7PQONCG

it would be possible to use this information as a way to make DgVoodoo2 work with WCIV?

Reply 477 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

New center window option is WONDERFUL!

But I have a problem (I don't know if related to lastest changes or not): in Mech 4 I can play in windowed mode (and now centered in the screen 😁 ) BUT the 1024x768 window is crunched/shrinked in a much more little window! The screenshot dimensions - if I take a screenshot - are correct! So it's an issue related to how dgVoodoo2 (can't) handle the change from the Mech 4 menu window (640x480) to the 3D/gameplay context!

Window remains 640x480 and all the scene (MSI Afterburner overlay too!) is brutally downscaled to 640x480 (obviously with all the downsample result artifacts).

Reply 478 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
KainXVIII wrote:

So how do i enable borderless windowed mode with forced higher resolutions? In Blade of Darkness for example - i want 1080p, 4:3 aspect ratio and borderless w. mode..

Add property 'borderless' to GeneralExt\WindowedAttributes. So, add line WindowedAttributes = borderless.

I must emphasize that this is not the 'fake fullscreen' feature. All it does that game window won't have a border when windowed mode is forced. If it's not defined then dgVoodoo forces a border to the window.

lowenz wrote:

New center window option is WONDERFUL!

But I have a problem (I don't know if related to lastest changes or not): in Mech 4 I can play in windowed mode (and now centered in the screen 😁 ) BUT the 1024x768 window is crunched/shrinked in a much more little window! The screenshot dimensions - if I take a screenshot - are correct! So it's an issue related to how dgVoodoo2 (can't) handle the change from the Mech 4 menu window (640x480) to the 3D/gameplay context!

Window remains 640x480 and all the scene (MSI Afterburner overlay too!) is brutally downscaled to 640x480 (obviously with all the downsample result artifacts).

But centered window is not a new feature, it was there in previous versions too. 😀
Do you have 'Disable Alt-Enter to toggle...' option disabled? If not (default) then dgVoodoo won't make any changes to the game window: its size (coming from the game) is preserved along with its border style.

Reply 479 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

@Deffnator:
Hi!
I never tested this game, so for the time being, I cannot say anything about the problem. I guess it's the usual GDI/DDraw interop which is currently not fully supported in dgVoodoo, that's why videos don't show up in many cases. Or they do, in wrong size (for example, they are too small, aligned to the top-left window corner, etc.).