VOGONS

First post, by SCAgent

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hey everyone.
I am trying to play some games that have widescreen patches available from ThirteenAG , but I also want to use the dgvoodoo wrapper for better performance/compatibility, However both use the same .dll in most cases (d3d8)

The only games that run both widescreenfix and dgvoodoo are SplinterCell1&2, because the widescreenfix uses a different .dll (msacm32) so not problems running those.

I found out an old post that said I can use the Ultimate ASI Loader (from ThirteenAG ) rename/change the widescreen .dll to .asi and both will work together. ( I am unsure how that works)

I haven't tried it yet, but I would love to know if any of you guys have a proven method to get both working.

I appreciate any help you have to offer, thanks.

Reply 2 of 4, by SCAgent

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
eddman wrote on 2021-07-11, 17:09:

Yeah that's the ASI loader I mentioned, I gave it a go by renaming the widescreen .dll to .asi then adding the loader (dinput) and finally adding the correct dgvoodoo dlls and configuring to my liking, most games worked fine but sometimes I would have to change the ASI loader dll name e.g (from dinput to msacm32) because the game wouldnt start or an error message would appear.

These are the games with widescreen (ThirteenAG) that I tried and worked.

Max Payne 1&2 - All fine, didn't have to rename anything since the widescreen fix uses d3d8-to-9 .dll, So I just added Dgvoodoos DX9.dll and play, there seemed to be no problem.
Punisher - Renamed .Dll, copied dinput, added dgvoodoo, worked perfectly
Sniper Elite 1 - Same as above, works fine.
Splinter Cell Chaos Theory & Double Agent - Same method as above, worked fine, had to replace the SC3.exe with the patched one from the dgvoodoo site.
Splinter Cell 1&Pandora Tomorrow - works perfectly.

These are the games with the widescreen fix from (nemesis2000) that worked

Hitman 2 - Had to rename the loader, after that it works perfectly
Hitman 3 - All good, it just works
Hitman 4 - Just fine.

This one I had trouble with.

Hitman Codename 47 (nemesis2000) - No matter what I do the ASI Loader just doesn't load the widescreen fix.
Hidden & Dangerous 2 (ThirteenAG) - Whenever I renamed the d3d8.dll to asi the fonts in the main menu would be broken, even without dgvoodoo in the directory.

Reply 3 of 4, by eddman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Why do you need to change the file extension from dll to asi? Just rename the widescreenfix file to something that's not already taken, e.g. ddraw.dll, msacm32.dll, msvfw32.dll, etc.

EDIT: the widescreen fix for hitman CN47 doesn't seem to support other file names. I also tried injecting the dll file, but it seems to be not compatible with dgvoodoo.

Reply 4 of 4, by SCAgent

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
eddman wrote on 2021-07-12, 04:51:

Why do you need to change the file extension from dll to asi? Just rename the widescreenfix file to something that's not already taken, e.g. ddraw.dll, msacm32.dll, msvfw32.dll, etc.

EDIT: the widescreen fix for hitman CN47 doesn't seem to support other file names. I also tried injecting the dll file, but it seems to be not compatible with dgvoodoo.

I didn't know I could do that, I got that advice by an old post that said I should do that, so I decided to give it a go, I'll do it the way you said. Thanks.

Edit: I fixed all the games again without renaming anything, everything works including Hidden&Dangerous 2!
c47 I tried everything but no luck there, It works fine with dgvoodoo without widescreen but I can't get them together.

Edit2: I am having trouble with Hitman Contracts, none of the .dll names work they either give an error message and don't load or dont load the widescreen, only renaming the widescreen dll to .asi works