VOGONS

dgVoodoo 1 announcement thread

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 21 of 206, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thank you very much for the tip! I discovered that RB gets the version through the version-api (and it needs at least 2.43) so I had to put a version resource into the dll, thank you again!
Still working on RB, unfortunately nowadays I can spend a very few time on dgVoodoo, mostly at the weekends, but I'will do my best. 😀

Reply 22 of 206, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Paul, I've downloaded the Hind demo. The problem is that it always crashes my Win98 (not the glide version). Under plain dos it works. I think maybe it is a soundcard problem, but cannot find any setup program. 🙁 Maybe it conflitcs with my emulated soundblaster or something like that. Any idea?

Reply 24 of 206, by Duffman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Het Dege? how do u get blood to work, i tried but when i try to run blood i get this:

Attachments

• error.jpg
    Filename
    error.jpg
    File size
    20.1 KiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

MB: ASRock B550 Steel Legend
CPU: Ryzen 9 5950X
RAM: Corsair 64GB Kit (4x16GB) DDR4 Veng LPX C18 4000MHz
SSDs: 2x Crucial MX500 1TB SATA + 1x Samsung 980 (non-pro) 1TB NVMe SSD
OSs: Win 11 Pro (NVMe) + WinXP Pro SP3 (SATA)
GPU: RTX2070 (11) GT730 (XP)

Reply 26 of 206, by Duffman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Tried that, didnt work

Reply 27 of 206, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Hi Duffman!
Well, I'm confused about Blood a little bit. My first question: does it work with Glidos?
If not, I think you may use a wrong version of Blood. I downloaded the Blood Plasma Pak, patched it to v1.11 (as far as I remember) and applied the 3dfx patch to it. This should work.

An other idea: Blood may not find the proper Glide2x.ovl file. Copy it to the Blood's directory, and try it out.

Reply 28 of 206, by Duffman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

could you attach your 3dfx.exe, i wanna see if it works (it most likely wont, but it doesnt hurt to try)
or is the file too big?

Reply 29 of 206, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Maybe I could send it (1.5M), but the 3dfx patch modifies not only the exe file but some others too. So I think simply replacing the exe wouldn't be enough. Also, (I've looked it after) I found that Blood has various versions and I found e.g. the European version cannot be patched. My suggest to you is to look it after. Just type "blood 3dfx patch" in google, and you will find it. I'm afraid you must get the full Plasma Pak version (but I'm not sure).

Reply 30 of 206, by Duffman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I got better result with this exe, i got up to the title screen but after that i get that same error again!
BTW, what settings are you useing on the wrapper for blood?

Reply 31 of 206, by Duffman

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

never mind I fixed that 😀

Also if you have the time you could try making the triangles go in both directions like what you see in glidos

still I'm sticking to this wrapper, i get heaps more framerate with this one!

Reply 33 of 206, by 3803

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Very nice, too bad I don't have win98 anymore...Would it be hard to update it so that XP/2000 supports it?
Nice to hear it has a better framerate since extreme assault doesn't work very well with glidos for me...I like the tons of options as well

Hey, maybe you two could merge or something and make the best doswrapper ever:) Feel kinda sry for Paul really, but you handled it nicely though;)

Good luck with the wrappers, both of you:D

Reply 34 of 206, by Glidos

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
3803 wrote:

Feel kinda sry for Paul really, but you handled it nicely though;)

I always knew that someone who was very active at the time that DOS was just moving to Windows would be able to do this stuff really easily. I was just hoping that all such people would have big mortgages and not be able to warrant putting the time into such a project. 😁

Reply 35 of 206, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've been wanting to upgrade it to XP support and worked on it but I had some problems. I achieved to get TR1 to run under XP, however it all didn't behave as I expected. e.g. when I switched from full screen to the desktop, it remained at the same resolution, or when switched to a full screen dos box and back, then xp died. I don't know where the problem is (in the wrapper or video driver) but temporarily I am fed up with it 🙁 (not to mention that I should buy a new computer to be able to use XP at home as well because I experimented with XP at my workplace 😀 )