VOGONS

dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 741 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've done some new fixings:

- resolution enum (Take No Prisoners, Shadow Company)
- minor lighting bug (Sega GT, but this game has an ugly ambient-only lighting on game tracks (not dgvoodoo related))
- Texture coordinate - related workaround, now SonicR and Shadow Company has readable texts (probably affects other games too), texture misalignments are gone (but I don't feel it was my fault, it seems nVidia rounds 0.5 down instead of up)
- Some bug related to DXTC textures (Hitman now works)
- Minor D3D device related bugs

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP6.zip

Several people in the GOG Tie Fighter forum reported that the mouse cursor is missing with dgVoodoo.

Did it break with one of the versions or it was always missing?

Reply 742 of 3949, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Populous The Beginning no longer needs popenhance and Wipeout looks much better now too.

Icewind Dale looks pretty nice now too, Icewind Dale II is the only one that has really bad cursor flickering. Icewind Dale II has always been a bit of a technical mess though.

WIP5 fixed Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds. You get divide by 0 if you go to the video options menu though (you can always just setup resolution via the registry)

Last edited by ZellSF on 2015-05-11, 16:12. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 743 of 3949, by DarkFrost

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys! I need some help. The interstate 82 is crashing when i started the first mission. I use win8.1 64mb. The ,,bug report" is olny this: i82stubZ.exe stopped working. IItried to run XP or Win7 mode but nothing . Thanks for the help! ( sorry if the post is wrong but I do not know where I should write and sorry for the grammar)

Reply 744 of 3949, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
DarkFrost wrote:

Hi guys! I need some help. The interstate 82 is crashing when i started the first mission. I use win8.1 64mb. The ,,bug report" is olny this: i82stubZ.exe stopped working. IItried to run XP or Win7 mode but nothing . Thanks for the help! ( sorry if the post is wrong but I do not know where I should write and sorry for the grammar)

It is not clear from your post whether you are looking for help using Interstate 82 with dgVoodoo or if you are just looking for help running the game in general. Are you using dgVoodoo?

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 745 of 3949, by DarkFrost

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Stiletto wrote:
DarkFrost wrote:

It is not clear from your post whether you are looking for help using Interstate 82 with dgVoodoo or if you are just looking for help running the game in general. Are you using dgVoodoo?

I read the post and somewhere , Dege written ,dgVoodoo is help running the Interstate 82 and i download a dgVoodoo version but i dont know how can i use it.So i dont know i use it or not.Do you have any ideas ? Thx for the help!

Reply 746 of 3949, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
DarkFrost wrote:

I read the post and somewhere , Dege written ,dgVoodoo is help running the Interstate 82 and i download a dgVoodoo version but i dont know how can i use it.So i dont know i use it or not.Do you have any ideas ? Thx for the help!

Okay, so you're looking for help running Interstate 82 on a modern PC and you heard dgVoodoo could help, you are not set on using dgVoodoo if you don't have to.

Okay, good to know. I do not own the game so I cannot help, maybe someone else in this thread can.

Even Dege still had crashes with Interstate '82 and dgVoodoo when he tried it in February:
Re: dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 748 of 3949, by DarkFrost

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Stiletto wrote:
Okay, so you're looking for help running Interstate 82 on a modern PC and you heard dgVoodoo could help, you are not set on usin […]
Show full quote
DarkFrost wrote:

Okay, so you're looking for help running Interstate 82 on a modern PC and you heard dgVoodoo could help, you are not set on using dgVoodoo if you don't have to.

Okay, good to know. I do not own the game so I cannot help, maybe someone else in this thread can.

Even Dege still had crashes with Interstate '82 and dgVoodoo when he tried it in February:
Re: dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Okay thanks, so i download it, how can i use it? How can is set things up? At first I do not know how to use it....sorry, cause Dege written this:

It always crashes in AcLayers.dll when I try to enter a game. If I help it through that point then it says that "unable to calibrate joystick" or sg like that, independently on vJoy is enabled or disabled. Other than that the game works OK. I'm not sure if this problem comes only to me or it is a general problem which can be solved by some ACT fix.
- Before running the game, check the following line in config.def: Display_Device_Index
If it's set to -1 then detecting the 3D hw failed at the last run (like with dgv 2.42), make sure to change it to 0. Then the wrapper device and resolutions should be seen in the game options menu.

but i cant finde the config.def: Display_Device_Index

Reply 749 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

It always crashes in AcLayers.dll when I try to enter a game. If I help it through that point then it says that "unable to calibrate joystick" or sg like that, independently on vJoy is enabled or disabled. Other than that the game works OK. I'm not sure if this problem comes only to me or it is a general problem which can be solved by some ACT fix.
- Before running the game, check the following line in config.def: Display_Device_Index
If it's set to -1 then detecting the 3D hw failed at the last run (like with dgv 2.42), make sure to change it to 0. Then the wrapper device and resolutions should be seen in the game options menu.

Yes, I can't run it because it crashes for me when entering a game. I have to use a debugger to help it through the hard point. 😀
I don't know if it is a general problem or for just some of us, like me and you, but at the worst case the game could be pathed, I think.

Then the game haven't yet generated this file, I guess.
Can you select device and resolution in the menu? If yes then it's working properly, no need to edit any file.

WIP5 fixed Jeff Wayne's War of the Worlds. You get divide by 0 if you go to the video options menu though (you can always just setup resolution via the registry)

Is it a dgVoodoo-only issue?

mouse cursor in drakan is missing too. it worked with v2.42.

I can see no difference between WIP6 and 2.42. Menu mouse cursor is there.

Reply 750 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

BTW, I would like to release this as a new version soon, otherwise it will never happen. 😀
So, I don't want to change too much till then, only minor issues.

(But there are still other known issues of course, (hopefully) going to be fixed later.
For example, Virtua Cop 2: cannot switch to D3D mode becuase it crashes. This game revealed an unexpected issue which I don't want to address in the next version. It's similar to Littech's behavior where the dlls are just pulled out from the process without proper uninitializing.)

Reply 751 of 3949, by DarkFrost

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:
Yes, I can't run it because it crashes for me when entering a game. I have to use a debugger to help it through the hard point. […]
Show full quote

Yes, I can't run it because it crashes for me when entering a game. I have to use a debugger to help it through the hard point. 😀
I don't know if it is a general problem or for just some of us, like me and you, but at the worst case the game could be pathed, I think.

Then the game haven't yet generated this file, I guess.
Can you select device and resolution in the menu? If yes then it's working properly, no need to edit any file.

mouse cursor in drakan is missing too. it worked with v2.42.

I can see no difference between WIP6 and 2.42. Menu mouse cursor is there.

Dege, what do you think, what to do to run the game in win8.1 64mb? Thanks for help!

Reply 752 of 3949, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Dege wrote:

It works "correctly" in DXGL and natively but I can't be sure as I can't reproduce: It was apparently a freak accident that it launched at all because now all I get is "DDERR_NOCOOPERATIVELEVELSET". Unless I switch to 8-bit color rendering (16-bit rendering will fail in dgVoodoo2 and fallback to 8 ), which screws up menus.

I am very sure I managed to get it to launch in 16 bit color once though, so weird that it would just stop working...

If you want to look at it I'm sure you'll find more bugs in the game than in dgVoodoo2. It works natively and in DXGL so it's not important, I just thought I would mention it was working now... too bad it stopped 😜

It also has a random chance of working in DXWnd, game is probably doing something weird with memory.

Reply 753 of 3949, by Donnerschlag

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Shadow Company works with this update. Only 16bit video and you have to have only one display or the mouse will not work. I just set my screens as duplicates so I dont have to unplug anything.

Thanks.

Dege wrote:
I've done some new fixings: […]
Show full quote

I've done some new fixings:

- resolution enum (Take No Prisoners, Shadow Company)
- minor lighting bug (Sega GT, but this game has an ugly ambient-only lighting on game tracks (not dgvoodoo related))
- Texture coordinate - related workaround, now SonicR and Shadow Company has readable texts (probably affects other games too), texture misalignments are gone (but I don't feel it was my fault, it seems nVidia rounds 0.5 down instead of up)
- Some bug related to DXTC textures (Hitman now works)
- Minor D3D device related bugs

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP6.zip

Several people in the GOG Tie Fighter forum reported that the mouse cursor is missing with dgVoodoo.

Did it break with one of the versions or it was always missing?

Reply 754 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Dege, what do you think, what to do to run the game in win8.1 64mb? Thanks for help!

I haven't looked into a general solution for it on the net but I think the game could be patched if no other solution is available.
The only problem is that the game dll (i82sim.dll) is a compressed one so it's not so easy.

Shadow Company works with this update. Only 16bit video and you have to have only one display or the mouse will not work. I just set my screens as duplicates so I dont have to unplug anything.

Yes, it has problems with mouse on a multimon system.
I'm bethinking oneself on a dgVoodoo option restricting the mouse to the application screen.

f you want to look at it I'm sure you'll find more bugs in the game than in dgVoodoo2. It works natively and in DXGL so it's not important, I just thought I would mention it was working now... too bad it stopped 😜

No, I must check it. 😀

Reply 755 of 3949, by ricardokung

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Using dgVoodooWIP6 I did some testing with 1964-r75 (Nintendo64 emulator)for use with 3d vision and got 3d working with Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.2 video plugin.Got Turok and Mario64 running in 3d,but only in window mode.Had to add 1964.exe to Aion profile using Nvidia inspector.

Last edited by ricardokung on 2015-05-12, 12:14. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 756 of 3949, by Firtasik

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

WIP6, Win 8.1 x64, Radeon HD 5770 (Catalyst 14.12)

Croc: Legend of the Gobbos
(D3D mode) - works slowly
Mortyr: 2093-1944 - won't launch (0xc0000142 error), same without dgV2
Moto Racer (GOG version) - D3DImm.DLL appcrash on the title screen
Grand Theft Auto (Steam version) - black screen after map load
Grand Theft Auto 2 (D3D mode, Steam version) - DDRAW.dll_unloaded appcrash on exit, binkw32.dll appcrash at startup if the intro is enabled

11 1 111 11 1 1 1 1 1 11 1 1 111 1 111 1 1 1 1 111

Reply 757 of 3949, by DarkFrost

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:

I haven't looked into a general solution for it on the net but I think the game could be patched if no other solution is available.
The only problem is that the game dll (i82sim.dll) is a compressed one so it's not so easy.

Dege , so s I need make this file to compatible with Win8? If yes, how?Thanks for help.

Reply 758 of 3949, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Dege wrote:

f you want to look at it I'm sure you'll find more bugs in the game than in dgVoodoo2. It works natively and in DXGL so it's not important, I just thought I would mention it was working now... too bad it stopped 😜

No, I must check it. 😀

You'll need a nocd crack to run it and if you want to play it (I think it's pretty decent RTS) you probably want _inmm to get background music working.

Reply 759 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Dege , so s I need make this file to compatible with Win8? If yes, how?Thanks for help.

I found something:

http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/13741/t751663 … -on-windows-xp/

I just renamed i82stub.exe to something else, and it worked, the application compat layer didn't get fired up and the game started.
But, I got a lot of error message before that about missing controls, so I couldn't drive the car after all... 🙁
So it it does not work for you, then there is no solution for this game at the moment, I guess.
I may have some time in the future for uncompressing i82sim.dll somehow and patch it, but not now. (The neolite compressor/decompressor won't work, I guess this dll is protected.)

You'll need a nocd crack to run it and if you want to play it (I think it's pretty decent RTS) you probably want _inmm to get background music working.

I managed to install it but it is indeed very obscure to me... One time it works, some other time doesn't (even natively) and there was no difference for me with various dgVoodoo versions.
So, I think I ditch this one for the time being.