VOGONS

dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 2400 of 3949, by MrEWhite

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
lowenz wrote:

d3d8.dll and d3d8.ini of TAG fix are worthless if you use D3D8 by dege 😉 You can remove them.
In the ini script let the shadowbuffer option set to 1.

Ah okay.
But you need to turn the shadow buffer off to use Dege's fix, don't you?

Reply 2401 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

*ON*, otherwise the WS patch script will force the Projector Mode (OLD MODE).

[MAIN]
ResX = 0
ResY = 0
ForceShadowBufferMode = 1 // Use with d3d8 wrapper that comes with this fix or any other that fixes the issue.
HudWidescreenMode = 1 // Makes certain hud elements offset to screen edges.
WidescreenHudOffset = 120.0 // This is the default offset for 16:9. For lower aspect ratios adjusted automatically, for higher you may change it manually.

Reply 2403 of 3949, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:
Unfortunately not. […]
Show full quote
daniel_u wrote:

Can it be fixed?

Unfortunately not.

daniel_u wrote:

Will post asap.(the bat files should be in the system folder of the game)

Thx!

So, I used the Unforced option but with MSAA 2x and i still get the water bug. If i set MSAA off the game doesnt load. From what i see it's either the MSAA or the combination of MSAA + forced resolution.

I started the level that produces the error and it's ok. No errors.

It's only under this condtions the shadows here get weird:
-In game i have set :1080p
-In dgvoodoo i have 4k + 2x MSAA.
-benchmarking

Print screen button does not work under benckmarking so i cant post any pics.
Here's the bat files and the benchmark recordings. Just run the TimeDemo1.bat. http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=99063811806160463621

Even then under the above conditions the play test runs well . Only the benckmark runs weird. Lol.

Reply 2404 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks! I will check it.

I uploaded the fixed WIP version:

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP25_1.zip

daniel_u wrote:

So, I used the Unforced option but with MSAA 2x and i still get the water bug. If i set MSAA off the game doesnt load. From what i see it's either the MSAA or the combination of MSAA + forced resolution.

Yes, unortunately both forced resolution and MSAA make the water rendering corrupted.
The technique used for the rendering consists of multiple pass and places textures over each other by 1-1 pixel offsets.
If forced reso or MSAA is applied then 1-1 pixels becames 1.5-1.5, 2-2, or 0.5-0.5 or sg else, which causes problems at the edge of the resulting texture.
Now I remember that I debugged it for ages back when I tried to fix it in Morrowind. 😁

Meanwhile another thing came to my mind: I fixed a little DDraw-surface issue, so Snow Wave Avalanche is now OK, except that there are still some holes in the sun. 😀 It doesn't seem to be a wrapper bug though, the same issue as with non-transparent headline in Nomad Soul.

Reply 2405 of 3949, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:
Thanks! I will check it. […]
Show full quote

Thanks! I will check it.

I uploaded the fixed WIP version:

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP25_1.zip

daniel_u wrote:

Yes, unortunately both forced resolution and MSAA make the water rendering corrupted.
The technique used for the rendering consists of multiple pass and places textures over each other by 1-1 pixel offsets.
If forced reso or MSAA is applied then 1-1 pixels becames 1.5-1.5, 2-2, or 0.5-0.5 or sg else, which causes problems at the edge of the resulting texture.
Now I remember that I debugged it for ages back when I tried to fix it in Morrowind. 😁

It's working. No more squares. 😀
I set the resolution in game and all is fine now. Thanks.

What about the shiny textures bug? Did you manage to investigate the cause?

Reply 2407 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
stranno wrote:
I have tried it and dgvoodoo DX renderer is recognized by the game, aswel as ddraw for menu, i guess. […]
Show full quote
willow wrote:

Motocross madness 2 doesn't work with dgvoodoo 2.52.
If I don't use dgvoodoo2 I can select between software mode and directx mode (gtx780) but in directxmode with my graphic cards The only resolution is 640x480. If I use dgvoodoo 2.52, I have dgvoodoo watermark but the only option is software mode but I can select 1080p resolution.

I have tried it and dgvoodoo DX renderer is recognized by the game, aswel as ddraw for menu, i guess.

Anyway, it seems it is totally broken. Some events do not work (unlocked framerate related, maybe) and some others work with lots of graphical problems, most of the field is invisible, etc.

mcm2%2525202016-07-28%25252000-03-03-41.jpg

mcm2%2525202016-07-28%25252000-03-44-90.jpg

mcm2%2525202016-07-28%25252000-04-33-57.jpg

mcm2%2525202016-07-28%25252000-06-09-10.jpg

Note: WIP24 & Windows 10 64-bit
Note2: Terrain pass seems to affect this graphical problems but none of the three options (you can choose single pass with gforce4) makes it really accurate.

I've just tested 2.52 and WIP25.1 with MCM2 (my cd image was crap) but I didn't encounter any problem.
The wrapper was recognized, resolutions were avaiable, there were no rendering glitches, shadows and particle systems were OK, too.
'Single pass' rendering for terrain was disabled but when I opened graphics settings between events then interestingly it became avaiable.

daniel_u wrote:

What about the shiny textures bug? Did you manage to investigate the cause?

Still haven't tried SC.

Reply 2408 of 3949, by Arko86

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can't get SC:PT to work, however SC1 is fine.

Komat's .dll is working fine on SC:PT though. What gives?

I have got AGThirteen's WS patch, deleted the D3d8.dll and ini, edited the ini file in scripts folder with both shadow buffers at 0 and 1, but it just refuses to display the first light's shadows in the begining of the game.

There is one strange thing though, some of the lights turn off when I turn the camera (too many lights rendering at once I guess?)

Program settings: Unforced, no MSAA, Geforce Ti 256 MB, everything else default.
Ingame settings: Resolution 640, Eax enabled with Alchemy (it doesn't interfere, I still can't get shadows with or without it).

Reply 2410 of 3949, by Arko86

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:
Do you see the dgVoodoo watermark? […]
Show full quote

Do you see the dgVoodoo watermark?

SCPT is a little tricky, you have to copy D3D8.dll into two folders,

Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow\
Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow\Offline\System

I have a cracked copy (even though I have the unprotected trilogy on DVD) and I always launched from offline/system directly.

However your copying d3d8.dll (from the MS folder) suggestion seems to work.

Thanks!

Edit: 🤣, was I supposed to copy the d3d8.fll from the folders into the game directory all along? I thought the configurator exe was doing that (like reshade 1.1) so I didn't bother 😒

Reply 2411 of 3949, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Arko86 wrote:

There is one strange thing though, some of the lights turn off when I turn the camera (too many lights rendering at once I guess?)

It's a game thing. You'll see this in Sc 1 & 2. SCPT it's very poor done game altough the story and the gameplay are ok.

Reply 2412 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Arko86 wrote:
I can't get SC:PT to work, however SC1 is fine. […]
Show full quote

I can't get SC:PT to work, however SC1 is fine.

Komat's .dll is working fine on SC:PT though. What gives?

I have got AGThirteen's WS patch, deleted the D3d8.dll and ini, edited the ini file in scripts folder with both shadow buffers at 0 and 1, but it just refuses to display the first light's shadows in the begining of the game.

Program settings: Unforced, no MSAA, Geforce Ti 256 MB, everything else default.
Ingame settings: Resolution 640, Eax enabled with Alchemy (it doesn't interfere, I still can't get shadows with or without it).

Are you using the LASTEST WIP build?

-> http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP25_1.zip (Remember to update the d3d8.dll in the game folder!)

Reply 2413 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Arko86 wrote:

Edit: 🤣, was I supposed to copy the d3d8.fll from the folders into the game directory all along? I thought the configurator exe was doing that (like reshade 1.1) so I didn't bother 😒

Yes, but you got it.

Pandora Tomorrow is running great!

Reply 2415 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
mudlord wrote:

Does Dege's wrapper support loading additional DLLs, such as additional hook DLLs?

You can already chain dgVoodoo2 to ReShade.

It would be awesome to have dgVoodoo2 enabling the hooking of "reshade32.dll" without the need of renaming it to dxgi.dll.

Reply 2419 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lowenz wrote:
mudlord wrote:

Does Dege's wrapper support loading additional DLLs, such as additional hook DLLs?

You can already chain dgVoodoo2 to ReShade.

It would be awesome to have dgVoodoo2 enabling the hooking of "reshade32.dll" without the need of renaming it to dxgi.dll.

mudlord wrote:

Which is what I am getting at. Having the ability to load a specified DLL without renaming it would work wonders for people doing game fixes/hook patches for mods/game patching.

Meaning loading a dll in place of dxgi.dll directly from dgVoodoo?
Technically it wouldn't be a problem at all, I just don't know how to solve it on the config side.
Maybe having a new tabpage in the configurator, labeled 'Extras'? Where one could define a custom hook dll, or, could enable displaying of detected DX/Glide version, etc.

Arko86 wrote:

I forgot to say thanks to Dege for his miraculous work.

Thanks Dege, your efforts are appreciated. You breathed new life to a technically dead game.

Falacos wrote:

Chiming in to say to same. Thank you Dege!

I was finally able to fully replay Splinter Cell just as I remembered it in my childhood. Aside from the water texture issue, everything was pretty much perfect.

Thanks again!

Welcome, it's good to see it's useful. I think I'll play SC a little, too. 😁