dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

General information and assistance with dgVoodoo.

Re: dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Postby FulValBot » 2017-6-04 @ 09:54

I can't use Dgvoodoo2 with Serious Sam 1, there is only a black screen (this with direct3d mode, because opengl is not supported by Dgvoodoo2...)

Gta1 has serious graphics problems when v-sync is not forced to on

I think that bilinear filtering is forced with some games when i use dgvoodoo2... (this with crt scanlines emulation... and these scanlines are not emulated correctly, expecially with very low display resolutions)
Last edited by FulValBot on 2017-6-10 @ 11:25, edited 1 time in total.
FulValBot

Postby Diduz » 2017-6-09 @ 12:40

Hi, I can't download v.2.54 from the website. Browsers tell me the file is "dangerous" :dead:
Seems a false positive to me. Should I deactivate my firewall?
BTW, this thing is great, I'm managing to play Donald Duck Goin' Quackers vith v. 2.53 almost without issues (except for fmvs, which don't run at all), so thanks a lot. :happy:
Diduz

Postby liqmat » 2017-6-09 @ 15:47

Diduz wrote:Hi, I can't download v.2.54 from the website. Browsers tell me the file is "dangerous" :dead:
BTW, this thing is great, I'm managing to play Donald Duck Goin' Quackers vith v. 2.53 almost without issues (except for fmvs, which don't run at all), so thanks a lot. :happy:

Yeah, Firefox and Chrome also pick it up for me as well. I went ahead and permitted the download and scanned with Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials and both report the file as clean with the latest virus definitions.
liqmat

Postby Diduz » 2017-6-09 @ 16:56

liqmat wrote:
Diduz wrote:Hi, I can't download v.2.54 from the website. Browsers tell me the file is "dangerous" :dead:

Yeah, Firefox and Chrome also pick it up for me as well. I went ahead and permitted the download and scanned with Malwarebytes and Microsoft Security Essentials and both report the file as clean with the latest virus definitions.

Ok, thanks. :happy:
Diduz

Postby Dege » 2017-6-10 @ 14:20

FulValBot wrote:I can't use Dgvoodoo2 with Serious Sam 1, there is only a black screen (this with direct3d mode, because opengl is not supported by Dgvoodoo2...)

I think that bilinear filtering is forced with some games when i use dgvoodoo2... (this with crt scanlines emulation... and these scanlines are not emulated correctly, expecially with very low display resolutions)

Could you post some screenshots about those glitches plz?
Dege
Oldbie

Postby Dege » 2017-6-10 @ 14:21

I must say that, sorry to everyone for not being active on the forum these days, I hope I can expend more time on it soon.
Dege
Oldbie

Postby lowenz » 2017-6-10 @ 15:23

Don't even talk like that, man!
You're simply a champion for all of us. So don't even dare to be sorry :D
lowenz
Oldbie

Postby FulValBot » 2017-6-10 @ 21:46

Dege wrote:
FulValBot wrote:I can't use Dgvoodoo2 with Serious Sam 1, there is only a black screen (this with direct3d mode, because opengl is not supported by Dgvoodoo2...)

Could you post some screenshots about those glitches plz?

It's a screen flickering, but with v-sync enabled it works fine; with Paint i can't make screenshot for this game...

With Quake II it works very bad... i can't use mouse because it force all axis... (directdraw mode)

It doesn't work with Hexen II (software rendering)
Last edited by FulValBot on 2017-6-17 @ 22:17, edited 2 times in total.
FulValBot

Postby Expack3 » 2017-6-17 @ 16:22

Noticed an odd issue on my integrated-only (Intel HD Graphics 620) HiDPI QHD laptop with both the latest stable and WIP versions. When using a game's native, unstretched resolution, framerate is normal, and the image is stable, but when forcing stretching and/or resolution, the visuals begin to flicker, like it's not being pushed to the monitor at the correct refresh rate. By default, the display supports 60Hz progressive or 48Hz interlaced at its maximum resolution; yet dgVoodoo 2 only reports the interlaced refresh rate correctly when enumerating refresh rates. Also, enabling progressive scanline rendering doesn't fix the issue.

I tested this on DX1-7 games games AI Wars: The Awakening and Hexplore using the dgVoodoo2 Virtural 3D graphics card.
Expack3

Postby Razdor » 2017-6-24 @ 13:21

I'm glad that the lights and shadows in Splinter Cell finally works fine, but unfortunately that the Russian version of the game does not work with dgvoodoo2 :( (crash on launch)
Razdor

Postby NightSprinter » 2017-6-24 @ 14:16

I am curious as to whether or not the Radeon 8500 mode supports TruForm. I know some games like Neverwinter Nights supported it for rounder models and such.
NightSprinter

Postby enzeinzen » 2017-6-24 @ 15:01

Hello Dege, i am a great fan of your tools, they truly are awesome stuff.
I want to request a feature, could you implement a frame limiter in dgvoodoo? Or at least make forced 60fps with unforced resolution possible.

Thank you.
enzeinzen

Postby Dege » 2017-6-25 @ 21:16

Razdor wrote:I'm glad that the lights and shadows in Splinter Cell finally works fine, but unfortunately that the Russian version of the game does not work with dgvoodoo2 :( (crash on launch)

Is there maybe a demo version for the Russian version that I could try?

NightSprinter wrote:I am curious as to whether or not the Radeon 8500 mode supports TruForm. I know some games like Neverwinter Nights supported it for rounder models and such.

Unfortunately not. I'd like to implement it one day but currently it's not available.

enzeinzen wrote:Hello Dege, i am a great fan of your tools, they truly are awesome stuff.
I want to request a feature, could you implement a frame limiter in dgvoodoo? Or at least make forced 60fps with unforced resolution possible.

Thank you.

Hi, thanks!! :)
Ah, the FPS limiter... I should do something to fix it, it's already a requested feature.
dgVoodoo has an FPS limiter, it just doesn't work for DX rendering. :)
You can force the refresh rate independently on resolution: just type "unforced, 60" into the resolution selector combobox, and save the config.
If your monitor supports 60Hz then the rendering should run at 60Hz. If not, then it'll be rounded to the nearest supported value.
(This is the way for FPS limiting through dgVoodoo which works for Glide but mysteriously not for DX. For DX it's just rounded to a display-supported value.)
Dege
Oldbie

Previous

Return to dgVoodoo General