VOGONS

dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 1200 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
teleguy wrote:

3DMark2000 uses DirectX 7. Dege explained a while ago that 3DMark2000 was coded somewhat improperly so it's pretty hard to support it. The same might be true for 2001.

I haven't check this yet, but it's on the list. 😀

A bit other DX8/DX9 thing: as it seems to me, first generation shaders are/can be broken on new hw, which can be fixed by a new D3D8 implementation (dgVoodoo translates all old stuff shaders and FF into 4.0 shader code). But, there are games that are DX8-level only, however they drive the hardware through the D3D9 library. It's a pity that dgVoodoo won't help them. Maybe a D3D9->D3D8 wrapper needed for those? 😁 😁

It's similar to my case, dgVoodoo drives DX10.1 (altough DX emu now could be made available at 10.0 level) through the D3D11 interface.

Reply 1202 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dege wrote:

At what point does it crash?
Do you have d3dcompiler_43.dll? It won't work without it because SC2 uses DX8 shaders.
Also, I had to copy D3D8.dll into the game folder and into the offline\system folder too because pandora.exe is just the menu/launcher app.

You can launch directly SC2.exe, and yes I put d3dcompiler_43.dll in the offline system folder along with d3d8.dll as well.
Crash at start.

Hmm... cool. I have water reflections and shadows with proper lightsources. The shadow seems a bit pixelated and I don't know if it's normal, compared to the native mode.

It's normal. It's because the shadows (and nightvision effect too) seem calculated at low resolution.

Do you think you can implement in dgvoodoo the SC2 water and shadowbuffer/lighting fix and extend it to SC1?

Last edited by lowenz on 2015-11-22, 10:30. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1203 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dege wrote:

But, there are games that are DX8-level only, however they drive the hardware through the D3D9 library. It's a pity that dgVoodoo won't help them. Maybe a D3D9->D3D8 wrapper needed for those? 😁 😁

It's exactly the Max Payne 2 case.
For it I use the combination of ThirteenAG Widescreen Fix (with d3d9.dll) and ReShade 1.1 (rename reshade32.dll to d3d8.dll)

And if you want MOAR material, see here : https://github.com/ThirteenAG/WidescreenFixesPack

Last edited by lowenz on 2015-11-22, 11:23. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 1204 of 3949, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Update for SC2 !

The problem lies in the intro video reproduction: the audio stream plays, the video stream doesn't!
About the shadows:

Dege implementation of D3D8:
Splinter_Cell2_2015_11_22_11_39_12_896.png

Komat fix:
Splinter_Cell2_2015_11_22_11_40_00_090.png

You can see the difference by yourself :p (in framerate too!!!!!)

About the water:

Dege Fix:
Dege_Fix.png

Komat Fix:
Komat_Fix.png

No Fix:
No_Fix.png

Last edited by lowenz on 2015-11-22, 11:17. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 1213 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks Guys,

so there are stuffs for testing and fixing D3D8. 😀

VEG wrote:
Dege wrote:

The current WIP is available

NFS3 screenshoter works Ok in the 32bpp modes now. That's great! But there is still no "keep app alive" option. 😀

Yes, I want to address mouse and other problems a bit later.

Reply 1215 of 3949, by Expack3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:
The current WIP is available: […]
Show full quote

The current WIP is available:

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP11.zip
also, you may need:
http://dege.fw.hu/D3DCompiler_43.zip

What you should know about the new features since v2.45:

1. DX8.1 support is added

What are not supported in this version but planned to be in the future:

- Depth textures
- Volume textures
- Point sprites
- MSAA (can only be forced externally through the setup)

All other DX8.1 features are supported but it all is in an early stage of development, it's not overtested.
So, don't hold your breath.

Does this include support for Quintric RT-Patches, RT-Patches, and N-Patches? If so, there's a whole bunch of games which support N-Patches (including UT2K4).

Reply 1216 of 3949, by Rod Primitive

User metadata
Rank BANNED
Rank
BANNED
Dege wrote:

2. Dynamic shader compiling for DX/DX8 is added

For the best performance and full DX8.1 feature set you need a dll that is not part of the operating system. It's 'D3DCompiler_43.dll'

I actually have it. When I tried to unpack it in the System32 folder, 7-zip asked me to overwrite.

Reply 1217 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Does this include support for Quintric RT-Patches, RT-Patches, and N-Patches? If so, there's a whole bunch of games which support N-Patches (including UT2K4).

No, they are unsupported. I forgot to include it in the list. 🙁
Maybe some day...

Rod Primitive wrote:

I actually have it. When I tried to unpack it in the System32 folder, 7-zip asked me to overwrite.

Didn't you install DirectX SDK previously?
Bad performance in Kiss could be explained by forced DX10/11 debug mode to the game (or a folder containing the game) in the DX Control Panel app (by accident or sg like that).

Reply 1219 of 3949, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I fullscreen mode Morrowind crashes immediately with Pixel Shading enabled. If you run the game in a window it shows this error message:

morrowind.jpg
Filename
morrowind.jpg
File size
16.24 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

If you close the message the game will continue to run but water will flicker on and off like crazy.

This doesn't happen with Pixel Shading disabled but some effects are missing.

Also there's some z-fighting.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedet … s/?id=561147340