dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

General information and assistance with dgVoodoo.

Re: dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Postby VicRattlehead » 2018-1-12 @ 11:50

Dege wrote:
VicRattlehead wrote:Motorhead:
Maybe a problem with car shadows with the DirectX renderer?
Is it the same natively?

I don't have a contemporary setup. On my modern PC, it has the same problem without dgVoodoo2.
VicRattlehead

Postby Myloch » 2018-1-12 @ 12:59

Dege wrote:It turned out to be an issue recently for others too, so I introduced pixel multiplying as a feature in the latest WIPs.
The output image will still be pixelated but since you monitor is driven at a higher physical resolution, you'll get crisper appearance.

Whoops! My fault. I intended that epsxe software plugin has an option to raise internal rendering. That is different from output resolution I suppose. I don't know if you meant that.
"Gamer & collector for passion, I firmly believe in the preservation and the diffusion of old/rare software, against all personal egoisms"
Myloch

Postby Waltc » 2018-1-15 @ 22:46

Dege wrote:
VicRattlehead wrote:Motorhead:
Maybe a problem with car shadows with the DirectX renderer?
Is it the same natively?

Myloch wrote:Raising output resolution only brings benefits to d3d games huh?

Yes...
For anything 2D you only get a blurrier appearance with potentially worse wrapper performance.

Myloch wrote:I know this is probably a foolish question but is it possible to make something similar to software mode in epsxe where you can raise rendering resolution and have crisper 3d graphics in directdraw too?

It turned out to be an issue recently for others too, so I introduced pixel multiplying as a feature in the latest WIPs.
The output image will still be pixelated but since you monitor is driven at a higher physical resolution, you'll get crisper appearance.

Thought you guys might like to see how a beautifully modded 2d-engine game, MM6, runs under a 3d engine @ 2560x1440 with a little help from DGVoodoo2.54 (a lot of help, actually...;)) Rodril did a fantastic job, I thought.

The first link explains the mod; the second link is to the DGVoodoo2.54 config instructions. Tomchen1989 gets all the credit for that!

I've attached a screen shot of MM6, running through the MM8 3d game engine, @ an aspect incorrect (doesn't bother me because I actually think aspect correct pinches the game on the X axis) 2560x1440...It's MM6 in full 3d at those resolutions (and more, if you got 'em)--it's not been done before. Unlike the partial modification for MM7 called MMTools, the Rodril DGVoodoo2.54 gameplay handles the smacker animations and screens with ease and does not split the playing UI on screen--as does the much inferior MMtools for MM7 (exclusively.) All three games can now be run this way. It works very well in Win10x64, version 1709, build 17074; RX-480 8GB, btw. Just follow the instructions from Rodril and then Tomchen1989 and you are good to go!
Attachments
MM6-HiResRodril&DGVoodoo2.jpg
MM6 at 2560x1440 through the MM8 3d engine, accelerated by DGVoodoo2.54
Waltc

Postby Dege » 2018-1-23 @ 13:05

Nice! :cool:

One thing I don't understand though: why are they enabling mouse capturing? AFAIR it conflicts with mouselook mod.
Dege
Oldbie

Postby Armoreska » 2018-1-23 @ 21:16

DGVoodoo 2.54 zip gives me a virus alert in Firefox

Anyway, I unpacked 2.52 (with the 2 folders) that I found on pcgamingwiki.com into my Rally Masters folder. Then I put the contents of 3Dfx folder into the main folder with dgVoodooSetup.exe, RallyMasters.exe, etc.
But when I run it still gives me error when selecting the car. Just to check if the wrapper works, I set Windowed in settings (conf appeared), but it's not running windowed.

Can there be a conflict with Zeus Glide? That's installed somewhere (where?)

Another thing, the game doesn't show the settings window anymore and I can't affect anything available there anymore. Uninstalling didn't help. No idea where it stores the graphics settings!

Actually there's no logo so none of the wrappers seem to work :(

Crap

Ok I found the settings in the load screen and disabled the final setting so the game works now. I wonder what do I need the wrapper for then...does the game even use this 3dfx
Armoreska

Previous

Return to dgVoodoo General