VOGONS

dgVoodoo 2 for DirectX 11

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 40 of 3949, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Dege, are you doing something weird in DllMain()? DOSBox crashes right after the LoadLibrary() call if output is set to opengl. At first I thought it was the OpenGL code, but it works if glide is disabled. It also works if I start dosbox in gdb. And it works if either openglide or nglide are used instead... 😀

D3DCREATE_FPU_PRESERVE?

http://www.si-gamer.net/gulikoza

Reply 41 of 3949, by HunterZ

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

I think Freespace looks fine at its original resolution, but nGlide also lets you run at higher resolutions. The 3D rendering looks great that way, but I recall that the 2D text has some artifacting, possibly due to scaling.

Reply 42 of 3949, by Gamecollector

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I'm testing the games w/o nGlide scaling, so - sorry.
Technically - external scaling will blur all text/2d elements and border artifacts. The only exception is power-of-two scaling (640x480 -> 1280x960 etc).

Asus P4P800 SE/Pentium4 3.2E/2 Gb DDR400B,
Radeon HD3850 Agp (Sapphire), Catalyst 14.4 (XpProSp3).
Voodoo2 12 MB SLI, Win2k drivers 1.02.00 (XpProSp3).

Reply 44 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Dege, are you doing something weird in DllMain()?

No, it's an empty function. All the D3D stuff is initialized on demand at a later point. I think the only code running there is the decompressor but that shouldn't conflict with anything.

DOSBox crashes right after the LoadLibrary() call if output is set to opengl.

I've checked it myself and it works for me. It's indeed weird. In what module does it crash?

D3DCREATE_FPU_PRESERVE

There is no such flag in D3D11, thanks for God. 😁

Reply 46 of 3949, by gulikoza

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Faulting module name: atioglxx.dll, version: 6.14.10.11318, time stamp: 0x4ebb3dc2
Exception code: 0xc0000005

ATi drivers...so this would be pretty specific. Still it's strange dgVoodoo would cause this. I don't really mind that much and there's little to gain from solving this, so it can just go on the Known weird issues list.

http://www.si-gamer.net/gulikoza

Reply 47 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

But I still don't understand how could the video driver cause anything right after LoadLibrary since it's not even called.
Oh, I forgot: I checked this with the 'quick' build you posted here a few days ago. Any change since then that could cause this, maybe?

Anyway, it's not an important issue, I think.

Reply 49 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

A (maybe stupid) question: is Napalm Glide build an official 3Dfx driver build, whose extensions were never documented or is it some kind of "hacked" build for Glide64? 😊

Looking through the sources it seems that COMBINE extension is not just about extended alpha/color combining but million other things like extended alpha blending, stencil, buffer clear, etc. Should they all have to be implemented to make it worth anything? 😖

Reply 50 of 3949, by mudlord

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

A (maybe stupid) question: is Napalm Glide build an official 3Dfx driver build, whose extensions were never documented or is it some kind of "hacked" build for Glide64?

I am actually in the dark as you are. :<
All I know is that koolsmoky has been involved with Glide64 development since the beginning, if it makes sense.

Reply 52 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

ps: cockpit colours are wrong (tinted yellow) in I-War

Yep, indeed. Thanks for the info, I'm going to investigate this one.

Also, I found that FreeSpace demo does not work (almost) at all because of strict parameter validation of the wrapper on lfb lock. I had to put a line into comment to get it to work. 😁

I am actually in the dark as you are. :<
All I know is that koolsmoky has been involved with Glide64 development since the beginning, if it makes sense.

Anyway, it would be cool to have a separate Napalm-build of Glide3x with all its features. I don't know how much spare time I'm going to have, I think I'm being on the way to implement them (but perhaps not all, I don't know it yet).

Reply 54 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

What would be the use for them?

I don't really know, I think only Glide64 uses them. Mudlord mentioned extension COMBINE (I suppose it's needed for Glide64) and this one is part of Napalm build.

But otherwise it would be cool to have it even if nothing uses it. 😁
I like the bread completely baked. 😁

Reply 57 of 3949, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The Ultimate 3D Accelerated Supported Games List (Early proprietary APIs - NO Direct3D/GLIDE)
3D Accelerated Games List (Proprietary APIs - No 3DFX/Direct3D)

PowerVR Fun Thread
PowerVR Fun Thread

PowerVR MiniGL compatibility list
PowerVR MiniGL compatibility list

3D Accelerator Video Captures
3D Accelerator Video Captures

3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes
3D Acceleration Comparison Episodes

Retro 3D Accelerator Screenshot Collection
Retro 3D Accelerator Screenshot Collection

Reply 58 of 3949, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I've just released a new version.

Changelist for 2.15:

- Full support for texture buffers via Glide3 extension 'TEXTUREBUFFER' All 16 bit texture formats are supported as rendering format except for paletted ones
- Bad color order for delta0 color, fixed (seems I'm not in luck with RGBA order in general)
- Some bugs are fixed I found through my own tests: unwritten alpha values to the aux buffer, bogus Glide3 viewport handling
- More optimization in LFB lock handling to avoid slowdowns on locking patterns/usage like in King's Quest: Mask of Eternity (Thanks for the feedback & help, Andrew!!)
- A lot of code changed thanks to other developments, so I hope I have not broken anything

Extension COMBINE is ready as well but that will be part of the Napalm build which I'm planning to release later.
Since a lot of essential code has changed, I might have broken something. I've done some testing in a hurry and everything seemed to be ok. Let me know if a bug found.