VOGONS

dgVoodoo Splinter Cell Games

Topic actions

Reply 100 of 232, by AngryLittleAlchemist

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I somehow ended up going down a rabbit hole of supposed fixes to the "bad image error"(or at least that's what I think it's called?). I got recommended messing with Windows 10 updates because apparently a lot of the forced ones ruin compatibility with certain software so I had to go and stop delete the updates and then stop Microsoft from automatically downloading them, didn't work. Somehow that led to a Bios update being a possible fix, which I was skeptical of, and while that was easy to do it took me 10 minutes to realize that the BIOS wouldn't recognize my keyboard because it was in the USB 3.0 slot instead of the USB 2.0 slot. That didn't work either.

I downloaded the microsoft debug tool from the debug layer thread and I don't think that did anything (although honestly I'm pretty sure I didn't use it correctly). If there's one thing I've learned from all this it's that I'm in no way a computer expert ...

edit: Sorry, I know that i'm not being very helpful, no one here probably knows the answer, just thought i'd log it to be sure, and also to vent 😀 🤣

edit 2: I just tried scanning the DLL file, scanning windows files. Spent a bunch of time making commands that would unregister and re-register dlls, none of it worked. 😠

Reply 101 of 232, by AngryLittleAlchemist

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Oh my god! I got it to work!

All of these insane, complex fixes I attempted and I didn't even try the easiest fix of all ... downloading an older version of DgVoodoo! For me, the latest version of DgVoodoo does not work, but the last version, DgVoodoo 2.55.1 works! The funny thing is, I was at my wits end and the only reason I figured this out was by contacting some random user on a subreddit thread that was already months old. Haha!

Thanks for everyones help on this board - and hopefully if you have the same problem - installing the last version works!

Reply 102 of 232, by diagonally

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Game: Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
dgVoodoo version: 2.55.4
dgVoodoo settings: https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Tom_Clancy%27s_ … s_on_modern_PCs

Issue: The game (menus and actual gameplay) appears to be significantly dimmed. This is fixed by entering and exiting the options menu on the initial screen, at which point the proper brightness is restored.

Reply 103 of 232, by ed_barber

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

In the CIA HQ and Oil Refinery missions, there is bug appearing in dgVoodoo 2.61 where some textures appear to be black. See images below.

Untitled3.jpg
Filename
Untitled3.jpg
File size
190.15 KiB
Views
File comment
CIA HQ
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
Untitled2.jpg
Filename
Untitled2.jpg
File size
500.12 KiB
Views
File comment
Oil Refinery 2
File license
Untitled.jpg
Filename
Untitled.jpg
File size
396.62 KiB
Views
File comment
Oil Refinery 1
File license

Reply 106 of 232, by hishamerrish

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi guys ... i really love this game
so i tried something that gave some good results
I replaced the ( ETexRenderer.utx) from SC1 with the one from SCPT ... i got stronger light and smoother shadows like the xbox original ... here is Comparison photo
https://imgur.com/a/WtyLeA2
i tried to replace the ETexSFX.utx too ... it fix rain rendering in Kalinatek mission ... but corrupt it in other missons
i hope i could help you .... keep the great work ...

Reply 107 of 232, by hishamerrish

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

HI GUYS
i have strange bug ,...
The guards Bodies looks not right from far a way or through the sniper ... i do not know if any one has seen it before
thank you
here is a screen shoot
https://imgur.com/a/orhhp

Reply 108 of 232, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
hishamerrish wrote on 2020-01-25, 01:31:
Hi guys ... i really love this game so i tried something that gave some good results I replaced the ( ETexRenderer.utx) from […]
Show full quote

Hi guys ... i really love this game
so i tried something that gave some good results
I replaced the ( ETexRenderer.utx) from SC1 with the one from SCPT ... i got stronger light and smoother shadows like the xbox original ... here is Comparison photo
https://imgur.com/a/WtyLeA2
i tried to replace the ETexSFX.utx too ... it fix rain rendering in Kalinatek mission ... but corrupt it in other missons
i hope i could help you .... keep the great work ...

Good find.I need to try this. 😀

Reply 109 of 232, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
hishamerrish wrote on 2020-01-26, 01:45:
HI GUYS i have strange bug ,... The guards Bodies looks not right from far a way or through the sniper ... i do not know if any […]
Show full quote

HI GUYS
i have strange bug ,...
The guards Bodies looks not right from far a way or through the sniper ... i do not know if any one has seen it before
thank you
here is a screen shoot

Yes, i know. But it's not the wrapper. Its the game engine. I tried some commands some time ago but nothing helped.
Without some dedicated dev/modder that really loves this game these will stay like this forever. 😀

Reply 110 of 232, by hishamerrish

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
daniel_u wrote on 2020-01-27, 07:49:
hishamerrish wrote on 2020-01-26, 01:45:
HI GUYS i have strange bug ,... The guards Bodies looks not right from far a way or through the sniper ... i do not know if any […]
Show full quote

HI GUYS
i have strange bug ,...
thank you
here is a screen shoot

Yes, i know. But it's not the wrapper. Its the game engine. I tried some commands some time ago but nothing helped.
Without some dedicated dev/modder that really loves this game these will stay like this forever. 😀

hi
i found its happening when i use 4k or AA with the game ... dose not happen with the 2k or 3k .... i tried many thing but no luck 🙁 ... i wish modders do some thing to fix this game 😀

Reply 111 of 232, by Greenberet

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Weird night vision bug from versions 62x and up

Hello yesterday downloaded splinter cell to replay this classic on steam and encountered some weird night vision bug using dgvoodoo2 62x and up
So my pc specs very old pc:
Athlon x2 5000+
2gb ddr2 800
geforce 8600 gt 512 mb
windows 10 32bits latest updates.

dgvoodoo2 config(using same settings on all versions)

Untitled2.png
Filename
Untitled2.png
File size
40.46 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
Untitled1.png
Filename
Untitled1.png
File size
40.69 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain
Untitled.png
Filename
Untitled.png
File size
40.99 KiB
Views
File license
Public domain

the bug:
does not happen with version 55_4_1 only with 62x and up

Working as intended? with 55.4.1(exact same as vanilla):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-MmUNoLqOI

The night vision flicker bug with 62x and up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1rmKkKsPkU

Reply 113 of 232, by Greenberet

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2020-02-29, 12:34:

It's strange. I gave it a quick shot with the current dev version, at the same location but it worked as expected.
Does it flickers for you everywhere in the game?

yes its only the night vision tho as you saw in the video everything else is perfect,and only if i use dgvoodoo2 62* and up, with version 55* that does not happen(first video)
its no biggie i am just using version 55

Edit: maybe something to do with "feature level 10" on the output api? since i have to do that because 8600gt only supports directx 10

Reply 115 of 232, by Greenberet

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
extreme55555 wrote on 2020-02-29, 22:54:

what nvidia driver you're using Greenberet ? try using 314.22 driver

341.74 its the one windows 10 auto downloads and install
there is newer one for the 8600gt but i am too lazy right now to uninstall->safe mode,use DDU then boot normally and install the newer one =P

314.22 i don't think is compatible with win 10 32bits

But its no biggie like a i said i am just using the 55 version conf.
Just letting know in case someone with the same issue =D

Reply 116 of 232, by Arko86

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

@Lowenz and @Daniel_u

I got good news guys. Some months ago, when dgvoodoo was only predx9 games only, I asked dege if he could fix transparent ice in DA.

Seems like it's fixed now:

"Find and replace these bytes in D3DDrv.dll:
8A 86 5D 5D 00 00 83 C4 10 → 30 C0 90 90 90 90 83 C4 10
Set FSAADegree=2 in SplinterCell4.ini"

Thanks to killer-m from Github.

Last edited by Stiletto on 2020-11-11, 02:49. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 118 of 232, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Arko86 wrote on 2020-11-10, 13:20:
@Lowenz and @Daniel_u […]
Show full quote

@Lowenz and @Daniel_u

I got good news guys. Some months ago, when dgvoodoo was only predx9 games only, I asked dege if he could fix transparent ice in DA.

Seems like it's fixed now:

"Find and replace these bytes in D3DDrv.dll:
8A 86 5D 5D 00 00 83 C4 10 → 30 C0 90 90 90 90 83 C4 10
Set FSAADegree=2 in SplinterCell4.ini"

Thanks to killer-m from Github.

Great news !
Does this guy have the time to look into other Splinter Cell related issues? There are a couple i described in my posts.
Looked in git, not sure i see this user doing patches for games. 😀 Do you have a link with his git page.?

Reply 119 of 232, by antrad

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
daniel_u wrote on 2020-11-16, 21:13:

Great news !
Does this guy have the time to look into other Splinter Cell related issues? There are a couple i described in my posts.
Looked in git, not sure i see this user doing patches for games. 😀 Do you have a link with his git page.?

I bookmarked this page where he posted some SC stuff. I think killer-m is jackfuste that was active on WidescreengGaming forums until it shut down. If that is really him, he is a very friendly person, helped me few times when I asked.

https://github.com/ThirteenAG/WidescreenFixesPack/issues/725

https://antonior-software.blogspot.com