dgVoodoo Splinter Cell Games

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 232, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
TomArrow wrote:

Dege,

I noticed something strange in Pandora Tomorrow. It is a small white cross flashing in the dead middle of the screen. I am not sure, but I think it happens more often when I use the mouse. Something Unreal-Engine related, perhaps. I can't show it to you, because it doesn't appear on my ShadowPlay recordings. It also doesn't appear when I use a different d3d8.dll from the Widescreen Patches pack. As for the looks ... it's just two perfect white lines crossed, static, not changing with motion or anything. If you need proof, I'll try and record it with my digital camera.

Try to check App controled fullscreen(DX tab). The other option Disable Alt enter unchecked.

While running the game:
Alt +enter, after fullscreen-window mode madness,if you loose focus

Also uncheck capture mouse in the General tab.

See if this helps.

Reply 42 of 232, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
CoolGamer wrote:
Dege wrote:
This made me ponder. […]
Show full quote

This made me ponder.

Such additional rendering passes could only be done "inside dgVoodoo" (if we stick to D3D11 rendering techniques).
External post processors can only see the final frame image, including 2D HUD.

While I don't want to include any game-specific thing into core dgVoodoo, for some time I'm thinking about an internal hooking layer,
through which additional logic could be organized into separate modules (dlls).
The rendering part to be hooked could be identified by some uniqe renderstates and some extra rendering could be added in those case.

UCyborg mentioned Mafia Water Shader Mod, that one does the same (with a custom D3D8.dll for API hooking).

I should whip up a proof-of-concept.

Dege,

Did you have the chance to look into Nvidia Gameworks source code/examples? Can Gameworks effects (HBAO, DOF, etc.) be used in dgVoodoo's upcoming internal hooking layer through separate modules (dlls)?

Yes, I'll have a look into it.
The problem is, there are so many things to fix, that I cannot give it high priority. 🙁
But, the first step, quickly whipping up an external "add-on" for dgVoodoo might not be a heavy time-consuming task.

Reply 43 of 232, by TomArrow

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Heya .. not sure this has anything to do with dgVoodoo, probably hasn't, but does anyone here know a solution to the 30fps cap in Chaos Theory's Versus mode?

Update: Solved. There's a tool called "Framer" which does it.

Reply 44 of 232, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

@Dege i've added some pictures for SC1, in the main post, with the current issues.(tested also with WIP 30).
I know that WIP 30 doesnt address the issues there but i used WP30 for comparison.

Reply 45 of 232, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

With latest WIP i'm seeing a issue with the sky, never seen it before:
(somehow is related to the mouse move, on original hardware this is not happening. I checked.)
tn7NtMf.png

Normal
t2t7KT5.png

As you can see smoke and clouds disappear. Strange.

If will look into this issue, are you willing to check why some lights/corona effect around light and shadows flicker/disappear/appear with mouse movement(these are happening with original hardware)? I'll post some save games if you 're willing. I would love to know whats happening ! Please !!!

Also , as others reported, there is a big plus sign/cross in the middle of the screen , flickering.

Thanks.

Reply 49 of 232, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi Dege,
I've tried SC1 in 4k, resolution forced in DgVoodoo and i got some issues:
C8X0dvS.png

Previuosly, there were 1-2 places in SC1 with certain issues when forcing resolution or MSAA applied. I know the feature can create problems but If you can keep the issues at minimum it would be awesome if not, well, it happens 😀.

Thanks !

Reply 50 of 232, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So i've tested this issue more. It seems it appears in 2.53 also and i went with testing as low as WIP 28. The 4k issue is still present. And also the rain issue that has been fixed already.

So for now there are 3 occurences with resolution and MSAA forced. Best option is to force res with the ini file or some other wrapper like the widescreen one.

Reply 54 of 232, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
lowenz wrote:

Daniel, how can I open/bring down the console in SC2 ?
Or it is locked?

Imho there is no console available. If there is one i dont know about it.
If you want to enable cheats the look it up on google. If you want to record some gameplay and replay it later(feature used alot in SC1 for benckmarking back in the day) you cant. There is no such feature.

That's what you get when Ubisoft Shanghai does games,

SC1, SCCT, SCDA(xbox original) UbiSoft Montreal.
SC2,SCDA(PC, Xbox 360) Ubisoft Shanghai

It really shows.

Reply 55 of 232, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

With the console I can load up on-fly the OpenAL subsystem instead of the default DareAudio subsystem. I'm using the OpenAL Soft implementation (CPU only) and in SC1 it seems working well :p Need more testing.

Reply 57 of 232, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
lowenz wrote:
The beauty of SC 2002 lighting engine (Sam's shadow over the moving flag): […]
Show full quote

The beauty of SC 2002 lighting engine (Sam's shadow over the moving flag):

splintercell_2017-07-31_17-06-26.png

Yup. The artwork and effects are really nice . You should give SCDA for xbox OG a try. I think it's the best of the series. Ok maybe SCCT it's the first. 😀

Too bad there are no modders and devs interested in fixing the games,fully. For example SCPT has that nasty bug related to the color of the light. It really breaks the immersion.
Dege could but he has other priorities. I dont blame the man,i really admire his dedication to his project. +1

Reply 58 of 232, by mannyca05

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello, can someone help me with the shadows in SC1? Looks really bad in comparison with https://pcgamingwiki.com/images/thumb/3/3a/Sp … _comparison.png

Splinter Cell (Steam version) I did everything by PCGamingWiki FAQ - https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Tom_Clancy%27s_ … _buffer_shadows

I'm not using PS3 HD Textures and Widescreen Fix

xxoyO76.png