VOGONS

WIP versions

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 121 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have a new WIP:

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP33.zip

I opt for fixing (or trying to fix) only some of the known issues/bugs and then release a new version.
Unfortunately I have too many todos nowadays, and, at this rate I'll never have a chance for a new version otherwise. 😀

Reply 128 of 1111, by Stiletto

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++
teleguy wrote:
Stiletto wrote:
Dege wrote:

Dunno what's going on, but I cannot download this

It's getting blocked by my antivirus. Might be the same for you.

That was it, I should have thought of that. Previous WIP releases, this hasn't happened.

"I see a little silhouette-o of a man, Scaramouche, Scaramouche, will you
do the Fandango!" - Queen

Stiletto

Reply 132 of 1111, by VirtuaIceMan

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

AVG found it as a virus, then found what it thought was a virus in userinit.ini in Windows System. Hmm, be careful! I didn't even run the thing, just tried extracting it.

My PC spec: Win10 64bit, i7-4970K (not overclocked), KFA2 GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, Creative Soundblaster ZXr, 16GB RAM, Asus Z97-A motherboard, NZXT 410 case, ROG Swift GSYNC monitor

Reply 133 of 1111, by kevsmudge

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
willow wrote:

dgvoodoocpl.exe is detected by avast like a virus and deleted.

I've had this happen on Avira too it's a pita doesn't even let you dl suspected stuff, ended up turning off their browser security extension and using Ghostery + AdBlock Plus instead.

Reply 135 of 1111, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I highly doubt Dege is screwing us with a virus 🤣
For my experience 99.99% of these detections are false positives. No problems at all here.
ETA for wip34? I'd like to test fresh new support for Tokimeki 😎

"Gamer & collector for passion, I firmly believe in the preservation and the diffusion of old/rare software, against all personal egoisms"

Reply 136 of 1111, by CoolGamer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Please make sure to report these false positives to your antivirus company. They will listen to their customers and remove the signature from their databases. Email addresses and automated systems for reporting false positives are explained in the web page linked below.

http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/how-r … rus-vendors.htm

Reply 137 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

The new WIP has arrived:

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP34.zip

This is the last one, I'm starting the final testing, and if no regression problems found, I release it as v2.54.
The testing is going to be a tremendous amount of work, especially regarding that I have to reinstall most of my games. 😵 😁

- DDraw clipper incompatibilities fixed, again (Tokipazu)
- D3D vertex buffer creation incomp is fixed (Prince of Persia 3D)
- DX texturing options are changed on CPL, possibility of forcing anisotropic filtering is introduced
- Double precision vector math in FF pipeline is fixed, changed to single prec (Mafia, Morrowind)
- Mapping of depth bias is slightly changed
- Versions of old software only lighting calculations are reverse engineered and implemented
(Fog City, Tirtanium)
- DDraw blit bugs and execute buffer extent handling bugs are fixed
(D3DRM, DX6 SDK D3DRM samples and scene demo Gothic)
- ? (as if...)

This version doesn't read the config files of previous WIP's versioned as 2.54, sorry.

Reply 138 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
RadonGOG wrote:
Can't find file for package 'ALAudio' […]
Show full quote

Can't find file for package 'ALAudio'

History: UObject::SafeLoadError <- Uobject::StaticLoadClass <-
UEngine::InitAudio <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

Any jup, tried out the steps you are doing on your PC. Didn´t work for me. Yes, even centered or unspecific didn´t work. (well, except if I´ve enabled softwareRendering in the ini-files, then it simply ignores everything 😁)
So, it did run for you? Or did just other UnrealEngineI-Games run for you and you haven´t tested the demo?

Today I run into the same on my AMD machine. I had to limit the VRAM to 64MB on the CPL to get it to start.
It's the same issue as with Unreal Tournament (256MB and above).

Reply 139 of 1111, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi Dege

How about the SC PT problems
Cross/big plus sign that appears randomly. I didnt see it in 2.53. But i see it in wip's
The mouse move /loss of detail issue when looking at the sky in first level?

You can have a look here.dgVoodoo Splinter Cell Games
It's very detailed with pics also. 😀
Edit:
Rain (new)issue in SC1 at a certain angle(mouse move). I didnt see this in previous wips.
ncvhdxk.png
qQKuaw6.png

Thanks