VOGONS

WIP versions

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 1041 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

About DX9 games using POM/parallax map effects on some surfaces (TimeShift, Crysis, Gothic 4: Arcania, etc).....it would be awesome if dgVoodoo2 can force the AF on those surfaces.
Normally it's impossible without tweaking the shaders (Crysis got some POM tweaks via mod to enable the AF effective use).

Reply 1042 of 1111, by Expack3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
lowenz wrote:

About DX9 games using POM/parallax map effects on some surfaces (TimeShift, Crysis, Gothic 4: Arcania, etc).....it would be awesome if dgVoodoo2 can force the AF on those surfaces.
Normally it's impossible without tweaking the shaders (Crysis got some POM tweaks via mod to enable the AF effective use).

Some before-and-after screenshots would be nice for those of us unaware of how AF positively affects POM effects. 😀

Reply 1044 of 1111, by 3DCat

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Just want to chime in here and say that between version 54 and 61 something changed which has fixed Earth and Beyond, it used to crash immediately at the loading screen after character selection.

I actually snooped around looking for a debug version and found this thread, grabbed the latest hoping I could at least get some error logging to share and what do you know its fixed! 😀

d3d8to9 wasn't working out for me when trying to get reshade working, the game wouldn't even launch; but with this everything is working perfectly.

dgVoodoo 2 (VSync, Aniso, MSAA, Phong Shading all working):
7lhHO72.jpg

Reshade working:
X13LLSY.jpg

Imgurs compression isn't doing it any favors but I can assure you even without reshade the game looks miles better.

Reply 1045 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
lowenz wrote:
Interesting and subtle errors (?) of dx9 implementation :D […]
Show full quote

Interesting and subtle errors (?) of dx9 implementation 😁

Chaos Theory + SM3 *WITHOUT SOFT SHADOWS* (with soft shadows ON there's no problem!)

MS d3d9 + Nvidia drivers (correct rendering):
0-SM3-No-Soft-Shadows.jpg

dgVoodoo2 d3d9 + Nvidia drivers - NO forced MSAA (wrong rendering and a strange "dark silhouette" around the meshes)
1-SM3-No-Soft-Shadows.jpg

dgVoodoo2 d3d9 + Nvidia drivers - 4x forced MSAA (total bloom wreckage! 😁 )
2-SM3-No-Soft-Shadows-MSAA.jpg

Still present in lastest WIP!

Reply 1047 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
JJXB wrote:

Tested both Nikita: Mystery of the Hidden Treasure and Nikita: Speedy Pirates with WIP 60.1 and both blackscreen and refuse to go any further. have tried restricting the enumerated resolutions to see if that will work but no luck. Both are on the Chrome engine according to game files at least.

Indeed. I fixed them. At least Nikita SP, but I think both of them had the same problem.

Wastelander121 wrote:

How did you get Vanquish to work? It wont boot up for me for some reason.

Didn't need any special additional step compared to the usual. Is there any error in the log?

Wastelander121 wrote:

DmC Devil May Cry refuses to boot with an "Out of Video Memory" error message.

This game also works for me (I'm using 1024MB of video memory set in the config). Isn't this is the problem for you with both games?

Wastelander121 wrote:

Crazy Taxi is no longer missing geometry but suffers with distant LODs becoming completely invisible, it's mostly distant cars but happens with some buildings too.

This game is the old DX8 one or a newer release? The DX8 one seems to have a framerate capped to 50fps but I saw nothing special aside from that.

Wastelander121 wrote:

Fable Anniversary no longer crashes and goes in game, however it suffers from LODs flickering (being invisible and turning viable again, especially with trees.

Yes, nice catch! I found and fixed the problem which affects other games too.

Wastelander121 wrote:

Darksiders 2 Deathinitive refuses to boot, from the looks of it, it's a D3D9Ex 64 bit game.

I fixed this too. The game is playable but the performance isn't that great (even natively).
I checked it out to see what's going on and found that the renderer engine was locking vertex buffers in a very inefficient way: the gpu must be waited for every lock.
In fact, one flag is missing for the D3D9 locking method, they forgot about it when coded the game. I don't know if there is a patch for this but experimentally changed dgVoodoo to work in the 'expected' way and the game ran much much better. But it's not a viable way, of course. 🙁

Wastelander121 wrote:

On behalf of the Arkham modding community, I thank you. Before v61 we couldn't mod Blackgate.

Cool! You're welcome. 😀

Squall Leonhart wrote:
Driver crash in Guildwars 2 when panning the camera around the norn starting area, doesn't occur with native dx9 doesn't occur w […]
Show full quote

Driver crash in Guildwars 2 when panning the camera around the norn starting area,
doesn't occur with native dx9
doesn't occur with D9VK.

Here I am facing the area in particular with D9VK that i cannot pan about to without the TDR tripping
It's probably a shader entering an inescapable loop.

I checked it out but couldn't reproduce the problem. A specific place/scene is needed in the game, or it's a general problem?
Btw, what gpu do you have?

WSH303 wrote:

Okay, this time I tried to run STALKER SoC with dgVoodoo, but it crashes at startup, and in the debug log, I can see:

Stalker is a DllMain game, it won't work with dgVoodoo, at least without patching it.

lowenz wrote:

Timeshift (really interesting case of study) doesn't start.

Set DirectExt\AdapterType in the config to either nVidia or AMD and it works. 😀

Reply 1048 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
3DCat wrote:
Just want to chime in here and say that between version 54 and 61 something changed which has fixed Earth and Beyond, it used to […]
Show full quote

Just want to chime in here and say that between version 54 and 61 something changed which has fixed Earth and Beyond, it used to crash immediately at the loading screen after character selection.

I actually snooped around looking for a debug version and found this thread, grabbed the latest hoping I could at least get some error logging to share and what do you know its fixed! 😀

d3d8to9 wasn't working out for me when trying to get reshade working, the game wouldn't even launch; but with this everything is working perfectly.

dgVoodoo 2 (VSync, Aniso, MSAA, Phong Shading all working):

Imgurs compression isn't doing it any favors but I can assure you even without reshade the game looks miles better.

Cool! Thanks for the report! 😀

Reply 1049 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dege wrote:

Set DirectExt\AdapterType in the config to either nVidia or AMD and it works. 😀

Thanks!
And about this?

lowenz wrote:

Reply 1051 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
lowenz wrote:
The depth buffer. In D3D9 ReShade can access it. Wrapped to D3D11 there's no more access. […]
Show full quote
Dege wrote:
lowenz wrote:

About ReShade's DB access.....a lot of times dgVoodoo2 D3D11-wrapping process completely block/destroy it in DX9 games.
No cure for that, right?

Umm... what is blocked or destroyed?

The depth buffer.
In D3D9 ReShade can access it.
Wrapped to D3D11 there's no more access.

Example in TimeShift.

In original D3D9 game ReShade can access the depth buffer with no issue.
In dgV2 wrapped game ReShade can access the depth buffer but....it has another resolution (1/4, MXAO applied by me) 😁

Time-Shift-2019-06-10-17-19-14-888.jpg

Reply 1052 of 1111, by Wastelander121

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Vanquish and DmC turned out to be a clash with Special K. Vanquish works with some config tweaks to it and can even be modded now but it looks like SK just has issues with UE3 games. I'll turn it off for future dgvoodoo tests. Crazy Taxi is the DX9 re-release on steam https://store.steampowered.com/app/71230/Crazy_Taxi/

Reply 1053 of 1111, by antrad

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Tried King Kong Gamer's Edition that uses DirectX 9 with the latest WIP and it seems to render perfectly, I played through the first 3 levels. The only problem I encountered is framerate drops heavily when starting a big fire.

https://antonior-software.blogspot.com

Reply 1054 of 1111, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Fog does not look right in D3D mode? Or is it just me, maybe gamma is too bright (ingame its much brighter than on screenshot, but same in glide mode)

WiP61

Снимок экрана (16).png
Filename
Снимок экрана (16).png
File size
1.36 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Nglide

Снимок экрана (20).png
Filename
Снимок экрана (20).png
File size
1.45 MiB
Views
File license

Reply 1055 of 1111, by Arkblade

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Artificial Academy 2 are completely broken rendered.

20190612212515_1.jpg
Filename
20190612212515_1.jpg
File size
120.58 KiB
Views
File license

version: WIP61

in newer win10, at the moment there is no way to run this game on hardware render ......
It can not do normal rendering(not using dgVoodoo2), and causes intense lag. due to window's DX changes on win10.

Last edited by Arkblade on 2019-06-12, 17:31. Edited 3 times in total.

Reply 1056 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lowenz wrote:
lowenz wrote:
Show full quote

Chaos Theory + SM3 *WITHOUT SOFT SHADOWS* (with soft shadows ON there's no problem!)

dgVoodoo2 d3d9 + Nvidia drivers - NO forced MSAA (wrong rendering and a strange "dark silhouette" around the meshes)

Quick question: is this problem is tied to the game scene you attached or should it occur in the game everywhere, generally?
If the latter, could you plz attach a savegame with a user profile?
I'm fiddling with the settings (first level, soft shadows, forced msaa, sm3, etc) but couldn't yet reproduce the phenomenon.

Reply 1058 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dege wrote:
Quick question: is this problem is tied to the game scene you attached or should it occur in the game everywhere, generally? If […]
Show full quote
lowenz wrote:
lowenz wrote:
Show full quote

Quick question: is this problem is tied to the game scene you attached or should it occur in the game everywhere, generally?
If the latter, could you plz attach a savegame with a user profile?
I'm fiddling with the settings (first level, soft shadows, forced msaa, sm3, etc) but couldn't yet reproduce the phenomenon.

SM3 with NO Soft Shadows! (maxed out the rest) -> silhouetting