VOGONS

WIP versions

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 440 of 1111, by CoolGamer

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I wanted to test the 24bit resolution in Star Wars Episode I Racer, but that game does not start without fast video memory access on my computer. 😀 If dgVoodoo can not use fast video memory access with 24bit resolutions, I won't be able to run that game in 24bit resolution on my computer anyway. I will test it with 32bit, when you publish the new WIP.

In theory, should we see any visual difference between 16bit, 24bit or 32bit enumerated resolutions if we force them to the game via dgVoodoo? I am asking because as far as I know dgVoodoo always renders the DX11 output in 32bit.

Reply 441 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Ok, here are some fixings:

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP47.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP47_dbg.zip

CoolGamer wrote:

In theory, should we see any visual difference between 16bit, 24bit or 32bit enumerated resolutions if we force them to the game via dgVoodoo? I am asking because as far as I know dgVoodoo always renders the DX11 output in 32bit.

If you disable or change the default dithering method (32bit quality) then 16 bit makes sense. 32 bit is 24 in quality, it makes no sense in that respect.

Reply 442 of 1111, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hi Dege,
Several wips have been released but this issue here still happens(been waiting patiently for some changes:D ).
With dgVoodoo the shadows in that spot dont show(where Sam is looking between doors). With the original card the shadows are there.
93mAajO.png

Thank you.

Reply 443 of 1111, by batterymandark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

a youtuber was thinking of streaming Colin McRae Rally
so I tested it for him since he had problem.
However this is what I discover and did. I just copied my youtube comment since it contain the same information as i'm going to tell
but I will say 3 things make it weird :

Game.exe gives up trying to run Rally.exe
running Rally.exe manually in win98 mode, it uses almost 1 min to start
Rally.exe crashes after finishing a track.

After updating the game to 1.5 ---

1. poking around in the game registry , i only changed a value Hardware to "1", there is a value called Initialised , that turns into 1 , when the game has started up.

2. I also manage to run the game with the latest dgvoodoo 2.55.1wip47, and it runs at full native monitor resolution in 4:3, "in my case 1920x1440"

3. You need run rally.exe and set the compatibility to windows 98. and with XinputPlus with DirectInput emulation a.k.a non-xbox gamepad mode , i manage to separate acceleration and break to separate stick , since the game original, use accelerator and brake on same analoge stick. ~silly game 😜

4.However there is problems,.. after completing a track, the game gives up and close itself

Reply 445 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ZellSF wrote:
lowenz wrote:

Can anybody check MechCommander Gold on the lastest Win10 update?
With dgVooodoo2 the game can't even initialize (without it works).

Not even a log file created......

Besides insisting on running a window, it works fine for me. You need to disable mouse capture if you haven't. Also set desktop resolution to game resolution (because losing focus = crash and it only works windowed).

mcx.jpg

Up
Black window (correct dimensions!)@start -> silent crash

Without dgVoodoo2 it's working flawlessy

Reply 446 of 1111, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lowenz wrote:
Up Black window (correct dimensions!)@start -> silent crash […]
Show full quote
ZellSF wrote:
lowenz wrote:

Can anybody check MechCommander Gold on the lastest Win10 update?
With dgVooodoo2 the game can't even initialize (without it works).

Not even a log file created......

Besides insisting on running a window, it works fine for me. You need to disable mouse capture if you haven't. Also set desktop resolution to game resolution (because losing focus = crash and it only works windowed).

mcx.jpg

Up
Black window (correct dimensions!)@start -> silent crash

Without dgVoodoo2 it's working flawlessy

Well it does work flawlessly with dgVoodoo2 on the newest stable Windows 10 version (I'm on 1803 Build 17134.48). All I did to run it was copy mcx directory from CD to HDD, copy dgVoodoo2 files, run dgVoodooCpl.exe in the game directory and press ".\" to add a clean configuration to the game then set MCX.exe to run in 640x480 compatibility mode.

Maybe it needs you to do this?:
Re: Tech demos - general discussion
If that's not it I'm thinking it's going to be difficult to figure out what's wrong on your system specifically.

Reply 447 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I had some time for some fixes, so a quick WIP from the 2.55 branch:

=========================
WIP48:

Patch to 2.55.2:

- DDraw Blit colorfill fixed on 8bpp surfaces with forced resolution or MSAA (Colin McRae Rally)
- Adding value 'max' to option 'DirectXExt\ExtraEnumeratedResolutions'
- DXGI swapchain fullscreen switch fix (Full Throttle, Sam & Max)
- Simulating GF4 driver more precisely with the GF4 Ti 4800 video card type (Splinter Cell: Defense Ministry shadows)
- Fix for special D3D8 behavior of vertex buffer locks (Lego Soccer Mania)
- D3D8 pixel shader validator bug fixed (Mage Knight - Apocalypse)

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP48.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP48_dbg.zip

Reply 448 of 1111, by batterymandark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:

I had some time for some fixes, so a quick WIP from the 2.55 branch:

Patch to 2.55.2:

- DDraw Blit colorfill fixed on 8bpp surfaces with forced resolution or MSAA (Colin McRae Rally)

Awesome, i'v tried to hex edit cmr1 exe file back to its original string ddraw.dll, and now it runs in-menu and tuning options at full 60 fps and no input lag.
previously I had to hex edit the exe's string "ddraw.dll" to something like "dgdrw.dll" to make it work.

thanks for your awesomeness Dege 😀

Reply 449 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
ZellSF wrote:

Re: Tech demos - general discussion
If that's not it I'm thinking it's going to be difficult to figure out what's wrong on your system specifically.

Re-tested.

Original version is working WITHOUT AND WITH dgVoodoo2 2.55.2
No-CD version is working WITHOUT dgVoodoo2 but WITH dgVoodoo2 no 😐

image.jpghow to take a screen shot

How is this even possible? 😐

Reply 451 of 1111, by Expack3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Space Rangers 2: Reboot from GOG.com no longer works with dgVoodoo2 WIP48 with default settings and DLLs as it fails to init DX8 (see attached debug log from game). It's almost like the sole GPU on my system, an Intel HD Graphics 620, is getting detected and used before the dgVoodoo2 DLLs as the log is correctly reporting the actual DirectX version.

Attachments

• Filename
    ########.log
    File size
    17.56 KiB
    Downloads
    62 downloads
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 452 of 1111, by valterb

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I just switched from a GTX 970 to a Vega 64 and dgVoodoo2 versions 2.55 to 2.55.2 have crazy textures in MechWarrior 4 Vengeance and Mercenaries both. dgVoodoo2 v2.54 and below do not have this issue, but WIP48 does. I never had this issue with the GTX 970.

I'm using Radeon software v18.6.1 and Windows 10 version 1803

v2.55(.2) and WIP48:
31QdCqO.png
Brf4vzj.png

v2.54:
oUCc64H.png
mUzTlyX.png

Reply 454 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Expack3 wrote:

Space Rangers 2: Reboot from GOG.com no longer works with dgVoodoo2 WIP48 with default settings and DLLs as it fails to init DX8 (see attached debug log from game). It's almost like the sole GPU on my system, an Intel HD Graphics 620, is getting detected and used before the dgVoodoo2 DLLs as the log is correctly reporting the actual DirectX version.

What is the output log from dgVoodoo?

Reply 457 of 1111, by RJ8

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello Guys,

I mistakely reported an error with a wrong WIP.
So i deleted this Post.

Last edited by RJ8 on 2018-08-10, 19:05. Edited 1 time in total.

Request a game profile for VorpX - VorpX Inofficial Gamelist - RJs VorpX Games

Reply 459 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I compiled a new WIP:

WIP49:

- Adding support for QEmu (x64 Glide binaries)
- New optional config element 'Environment' for QEmu and DosBox
- Fixing regression bug related to adapter handling (causing crashes)
- Small fix in guTex Glide function family (Turok demo)

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP49.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP49_dbg.zip

Not much, but this is what I wanted 2.55.3 to be. Also, I changed my exe compression policy and the package gets much less false positives on VirusTotal.