VOGONS

WIP versions

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 81 of 1111, by VicRattlehead

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

My MW4 Vengeance install is in Program Files and I didn't have any issues patching it.

Maybe the game install is modified? Did the patch show any error messages? I used the MW4pr2.exe file from Microsoft's website to patch my game and it came with an .rtf file with a documentation of the possible errors that can occur with the patching process.

Reply 82 of 1111, by Nucleoprotein

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:

The CPL has this feature. If it finds a config file in its folder then adds the folder into the list along with selecting it, by default. 😀
It was requested by VEG for his NFS3 patch.

I have tested this and yes it works but ONLY when path is present in dgVoodooSetupPaths.dat, can you make it to work without that ? I think this is a bug 😜

Reply 84 of 1111, by UCyborg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Something to play with, DirectX 6.1 SDK samples. Not necessary to run the installer, extracting samples folder and setting the following string in registry to the path of samples\multimedia is enough:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\DirectX\DX6SDK Samples Path

With D3DRM Fly-FS sample for example. screen doesn't clear to black when view goes into the void.

Arthur Schopenhauer wrote:

A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.

Reply 85 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lowenz wrote:
Is it really really NOT possible to implement in D3D8 the bilinear blit stretch or to force it in some tricky ways? In Commandos […]
Show full quote

Is it really really NOT possible to implement in D3D8 the bilinear blit stretch or to force it in some tricky ways?
In Commandos 2 is such a nice feature to enable with resolution forcing! (see the screenshot below, 1440x1080, NO exe mod)

comm2_2017_03_05_11_57_54_060.png

Blitting is DDraw only (it's a 2D operation). In D3D8 all of the 2D hw-functionality is removed, except for a simple texture/memory copy.
When D3D8 came out, the Microsoft guys told the developers to replace their 2D-codes with using textures through the 3D hw when porting their stuffs.
So, bilinear blit stretch corresponds to bilinear texture filtering in D3D8.

Reply 89 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Commandos 3 1280x720->1920x1080 filtered (as Dege says 😁 ). The only problem is the presence of wrong shadows caused by the fact that the lighting system is tailored for a 4:3 frame (game-specific issue).
But it's a beauty 😁

Commandos3_2017_03_12_10_36_24_066.png

So the bilinear filtering apply to HUD too, it's really awesome!

Reply 90 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Unfortunately I have a period again when there is too much on my plate. So, I'm going to share what I have now, soon, because development is going really slowly.
Recently I started with DX6 SDK samples and found more problem with them than I expected (issues with D3DRM is well known to me from various demo stuffs. But even with immediate mode samples I experienced problems).
At least, I already fixed some of them.

BTW, Guys, I'm going to move posts related to tech demos into a new thread.

Reply 93 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I share a new WIP:

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP32.zip

WIP32:

(I know I promised that I'd note any new development or fix right when it's done, but... again... I try it by heart)

- Control Panel
* Visual cosmetics
* New option 'Center app window' - when a game controlling the mouse input is being run in windowed mode then
it's a pain to move it's window into the screen, so I thought it's a valuable option (was a request too),
but it can conflict with the mouse input or the app itself
* Adding the folder of the CPL app automatically to the folder list if a valid config file can be found there

- Adding support for plain surface format A8L8 (DDraw) (Matrox G400 Tech Demo)
- Adding support for depth buffer format D24X4S4 (D3D8) for the Internal Virtual Card
(Matrox Parhelia Reef Tech Demo)
- Adding support for volume textures (D3D8), though with limited number of formats
(Matrox Parhelia Reef Tech Demo + DX8 SDK VolumeTexture sample + general)
- Fixing fog in D3D3 (Shadows of The Empire patch 1.1)
- Fixing some D3D6 bugs (or, let's say incompatible things), using immediate mode D3D6 SDK samples
(lighting + some other bugs)

Unfortunately I couldn't yet fix the MW4 Vengeance-bug. 🙁
I'm going to post into the Tech Demos topic about Matrox tech demos.

Reply 94 of 1111, by Nucleoprotein

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

@Dege
Thanks for new WIP!

* Adding the folder of the CPL app automatically to the folder list if a valid config file can be found there

I have problem with this - path is added to ComboBox but not selected by default.
I'm testing without dgVoodoo.conf/dgVoodooSetupPaths.dat in %AppData%/dgVoodoo to simulate user environment in which those files does not exist (for HD patches/portable mode).

Reply 96 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Nucleoprotein wrote:
@Dege Thanks for new WIP! […]
Show full quote

@Dege
Thanks for new WIP!

I have problem with this - path is added to ComboBox but not selected by default.
I'm testing without dgVoodoo.conf/dgVoodooSetupPaths.dat in %AppData%/dgVoodoo to simulate user environment in which those files does not exist (for HD patches/portable mode).

But it should be selected by default. I've just tested again and it's working for me.

lowenz wrote:

"This demo can only run on Matrox etc/etc/etc." message for Parhelia demo 😐

OK, now understand what the problems is: I didn't patched the demo to 1.1.
That may check for VendorID after all, will have a look at it.

Update: Yes, 1.1 requires Matrox vendor ID, even the max supported version of pixel shaders is checked against (1.3 required).
So, I added 'Matrox Parhelia-512' as a new card type.
Some correction on MSAA: if 'Use Fragment Anti-Aliasing 16x' is enabled in the demo config then the demo tries to init D3D8 with 16x MSAA which won't succeed, so the demo re-tries it with 4x MSAA instead.
If the option is disabled then there is no MSAA at all.

Reply 98 of 1111, by daniel_u

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:
I share a new WIP: […]
Show full quote

I share a new WIP:

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP32.zip

WIP32:

(I know I promised that I'd note any new development or fix right when it's done, but... again... I try it by heart)

- Control Panel
* Visual cosmetics
* New option 'Center app window' - when a game controlling the mouse input is being run in windowed mode then
it's a pain to move it's window into the screen, so I thought it's a valuable option (was a request too),
but it can conflict with the mouse input or the app itself

- Adding support for plain surface format A8L8 (DDraw) (Matrox G400 Tech Demo)
- Adding support for depth buffer format D24X4S4 (D3D8) for the Internal Virtual Card
(Matrox Parhelia Reef Tech Demo)
- Adding support for volume textures (D3D8), though with limited number of formats
(Matrox Parhelia Reef Tech Demo + DX8 SDK VolumeTexture sample + general)
- Fixing fog in D3D3 (Shadows of The Empire patch 1.1)
- Fixing some D3D6 bugs (or, let's say incompatible things), using immediate mode D3D6 SDK samples
(lighting + some other bugs)

Unfortunately I couldn't yet fix the MW4 Vengeance-bug. 🙁
I'm going to post into the Tech Demos topic about Matrox tech demos.

Splinter Cell 1 & 2 alt tab/focus lost doesnt occur anymore. Cool.

SC 1:
-Shiny texture bug still there.
- Z-Fighting is present still

SC2:
- has the big plus sign/ cross sign appearing from time to time in the middle of the screen, still
- loss of detail when mouse move
- color of the light. Nothing changed.

You can see the issues in the main post of SC games thread.