VOGONS

WIP versions

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 1080 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dege wrote:
What happens when no resolution is forced and scaling mode is set to 'unspecified'? If resolution is forced then color and depth […]
Show full quote
lowenz wrote:
The depth buffer. In D3D9 ReShade can access it. Wrapped to D3D11 there's no more access. Example in TimeShift. […]
Show full quote

The depth buffer.
In D3D9 ReShade can access it.
Wrapped to D3D11 there's no more access.
Example in TimeShift.

In original D3D9 game ReShade can access the depth buffer with no issue.
In dgV2 wrapped game ReShade can access the depth buffer but....it has another resolution (1/4, MXAO applied by me) 😁

What happens when no resolution is forced and scaling mode is set to 'unspecified'?
If resolution is forced then color and depth buffers have different sizes when Present is called.
I guess this is the source of the 'depth buffer not available' problem in ReShade. 😖

I'm not using the force resolution in TS ! Only the "nvidia/amd" tip.
Will test with the new WIP62

Reply 1081 of 1111, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Dragon: Age Origins still have shadow issues (look at the shields on the walls in the opening area while moving around on max details).

SkyDrift still has flickering graphics and missing background transparency on tree textures (it's a pretty bad game no one cares about though). A Google search reveals that WINE had the same issue, but it was fixed for some other reasons, so there's no reference to which revision it was fixed.

Reply 1083 of 1111, by Arkblade

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Squall Leonhart wrote:
Um, thats not true, you can just drop the d3d9.dll from 10586 into the AA2 folder. […]
Show full quote
Arkblade wrote:
Artificial Academy 2 are completely broken rendered. […]
Show full quote

Artificial Academy 2 are completely broken rendered.

20190612212515_1.jpg

version: WIP61

in newer win10, at the moment there is no way to run this game on hardware render ......
It can not do normal rendering(not using dgVoodoo2), and causes intense lag. due to window's DX changes on win10.

Um, thats not true, you can just drop the d3d9.dll from 10586 into the AA2 folder.

===
A: This is a result of an update to the DirectX9 3D DLL. The workaround is to replace d3d9.dll in the game installation directory with the previous working version in C:\windows\syswow64\d3d9.dll (provided you have not deleted it, system32 on 32-bit machines). If you use a subtitle mod (which also requires its own d3d9.dll in the game directory), put your previous d3d9.dll next to it under the name "d3d9_alt.dll". The subtitle mod will detect it and use it in place of the one in the system folder. For more information, go here.
===

You can get the dll needed from http://www.illusion.jp/support/windows10.html

that not work anymore after win10 1809 with geforce series.

Reply 1085 of 1111, by willow

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:
Maybe patching the game... I'll see it. Update: forced resolution works if you launch the game in forced windowed mode and go to […]
Show full quote
willow wrote:

Thanks.
There is not any solution, isn'it?

Maybe patching the game... I'll see it.
Update: forced resolution works if you launch the game in forced windowed mode and go to fullscreen by Alt-Enter.
I guess this is because the window size is queried right at the game startup, at which point it still is the original and only set to the forced resolution size a bit later.

Thanks.
With your method, it works but grahics are broken with lines that appeared if I force resolution (lines appeared if I force resolution in 640x480 or 1920x1440)
mini_190622095348662213.jpg

Reply 1086 of 1111, by Arkblade

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:
Well, yeah, it's broken because this game uses shaders that are beyond the supported capabilities of D3D9 (both natively and dgV […]
Show full quote
Arkblade wrote:
Show full quote

20190612212515_1.jpg

in newer win10, at the moment there is no way to run this game on hardware render ......
It can not do normal rendering(not using dgVoodoo2), and causes intense lag. due to window's DX changes on win10.

Well, yeah, it's broken because this game uses shaders that are beyond the supported capabilities of D3D9 (both natively and dgVoodoo).
I did a little modification to support it (and it worked) but later I removed it because it caused performance loss in general. 🙁 I was thinking on what to do with it.
Maybe this game was written on an old hardware that supported the requirements so the needed feature could be tied to an old card like GF 5700.

thank you.

i think it is caused by a problem peculiar to Japan.
In Japan, most people who play adult games use laptops with very low specs. and they were disconnected from PC gamers for years.
This game probably uses a special shader to accommodate the major customers of the time.

Anyway, we really need support for this game. Isn't it possible to solution with some kind of config option?

Reply 1087 of 1111, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Arkblade wrote:
thank you. […]
Show full quote
Dege wrote:
Well, yeah, it's broken because this game uses shaders that are beyond the supported capabilities of D3D9 (both natively and dgV […]
Show full quote
Arkblade wrote:
Show full quote

20190612212515_1.jpg

Well, yeah, it's broken because this game uses shaders that are beyond the supported capabilities of D3D9 (both natively and dgVoodoo).
I did a little modification to support it (and it worked) but later I removed it because it caused performance loss in general. 🙁 I was thinking on what to do with it.
Maybe this game was written on an old hardware that supported the requirements so the needed feature could be tied to an old card like GF 5700.

thank you.

In Japan, most people who play adult games use laptops with very low specs. and they were disconnected from PC gamers for years.
This game probably uses a special shader to accommodate the major customers of the time.

Anyway, we really need support for this game. Isn't it possible to solution with some kind of config option?

Obvious question, but have you tried WineD3D?

Reply 1089 of 1111, by Arkblade

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ZellSF wrote:
Arkblade wrote:
thank you. […]
Show full quote
Dege wrote:

thank you.

Obvious question, but have you tried WineD3D?

i know it has custom WineD3D for windows, but it is fully "software" only.
It doesn't work in hardware, and very worried about fps.

Reply 1091 of 1111, by Arkblade

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:

I've compiled a D3D9 version for AA2:
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/D3D9_Artifical_Academy_2.zip

Does it work for you? If so, I could include it in my game patches section.

It works very well in my environment (Now, strangely enough, sometimes it's much better than original...).

However, I found only one display defect.
in character make, It looks like there's a strange line in the upper right and lower left of the screen during initial loading.

Either way, the game still has an active community. I will also ask you about this special build.

Reply 1092 of 1111, by Arkblade

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I report some community test results for AA2 special build.

Nitro AN515-51
gose blackscreen when dgvoodoo2 wartermark off

one windows 8 machine (see

Filename
DxDiag.txt
File size
75.76 KiB
Downloads
959 downloads
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

)
crash on startup the game

Reply 1093 of 1111, by Arkblade

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

another test results for AA2 special build.
one machine, with 4K, it have many crashes.
(parhaps video memory? we need to 4096MB option?)

and my experience
in hue/brightness slider on cloth settings,
It seems to cause texture distortion. it will happen underware with user textures.

aaa.jpg
Filename
aaa.jpg
File size
422.15 KiB
Views
File license

normal:

2019_0629_0719_22867.png
Filename
2019_0629_0719_22867.png
File size
1.52 MiB
Views
File license

error:

2019_0629_0715_44239.png
Filename
2019_0629_0715_44239.png
File size
1.54 MiB
Views
File license

Reply 1094 of 1111, by Arkblade

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Arkblade wrote:
in hue/brightness slider on cloth settings, It seems to cause texture distortion. it will happen underware with user textures. […]
Show full quote

in hue/brightness slider on cloth settings,
It seems to cause texture distortion. it will happen underware with user textures.

aaa.jpg

normal:

2019_0629_0719_22867.png

error:

2019_0629_0715_44239.png

Results of the additional investigation, Probably only the hue affects this texture disturbance.

Last edited by Arkblade on 2019-06-30, 21:06. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1096 of 1111, by batterymandark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Not trying to nag a hole in your head, but do you think this can be solved in the next update?
I'v also tryed the new feature where the resolution is set afterward , DeferredScreenModeSwitch
but that doesn't work. And this issue has been there since the first dgvoodoo that supported DirecX9.

Avp GoG uses DX9 render, if you ever wonder, but the vanilla is in Dx7 if my memory serve me right, but that gives garbled colors in the menu.

avp_gog_renderissue.png?psid=1&width=1287&height=720

Reply 1097 of 1111, by batterymandark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
batterymandark wrote:
Not trying to nag a hole in your head, but do you think this can be solved in the next update? I'v also tryed the new feature wh […]
Show full quote

Not trying to nag a hole in your head, but do you think this can be solved in the next update?
I'v also tryed the new feature where the resolution is set afterward , DeferredScreenModeSwitch
but that doesn't work. And this issue has been there since the first dgvoodoo that supported DirecX9.

Avp GoG uses DX9 render, if you ever wonder, but the vanilla is in Dx7 if my memory serve me right, but that gives garbled colors in the menu.

the screenshot disappeared for some reason from the thread.
here is a link to my onedrive that shows the screenshoot:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Agj8jUvjAJjzwCx6nDsV4iIf_BtZ

Reply 1098 of 1111, by Vaporeon

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I have been trying WIP62 with Halo Custom Edition, and for the most part it's great and renders the game better than any current GPU can do alone.

I have noticed a couple of issues though, one there seems to be some strange vertical scaling issue that sometimes occurs in fullscreen, and always occurs when forcing windowed. You can tell from the scaling artifacts in the game HUD, they should not be there. The second is with the games glass shader, however no GPU I have ever owned has rendered this correctly anyway. dgVoodoo2 comes the closest by successfully rendering something at least, only with color issues. I'm not sure what the correct thing would be to do since this game has been somewhat broken since release with numerous fog, glass and water issues that vary depending on GPU. Even a geforce 6600GT does not render the glass at all.

Also I specify Custom Edition here since they changed the shaders between that and the initial retail release. The retail version does not work for me at all and blackscreens in some cases.

These can be seen in this screenshot.