VOGONS

WIP versions

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 281 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lowenz wrote:

Thanks for the gift, dgSanta 😁

😀

KainXVIII wrote:

Nice!
No Broken Sword 3 fixes though 😢

I've reproduced the problem just now but I'm going to fix that.

RibShark wrote:

The videos and load screens are now working in Tonic Trouble with this build (barring palette issues which DxWnd fixes). Many thanks 😁

How can that be? Both of us tried TT with different dgv versions or did I accidentally fix something? 😀
Anyway, good news.

Reply 283 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
KainXVIII wrote:
Dege wrote:

Thanks!

Well, it's not a bug. If resolution or MSAA is forced then glitches appears, but works fine otherwise.
Similar issue to the water in Morrowind and Splinter Cell.

Reply 284 of 1111, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:
KainXVIII wrote:
Dege wrote:

Thanks!

Well, it's not a bug. If resolution or MSAA is forced then glitches appears, but works fine otherwise.
Similar issue to the water in Morrowind and Splinter Cell.

Aww, too bad! Well, at least i can force vsync (which don't work anymore in Windows 10 with dx8 games)

Reply 285 of 1111, by rolloLG

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:
Some improvements again: […]
Show full quote

Some improvements again:

=========================
WIP41:
=========================

- DDraw incompatibilities are fixed (Wartorn, Message in a Haunted Mansion, Micro Machines v3)
- Migrating to INI format config files; now the CPL writes its own INI template instead of binary files
- Avoiding dumping unnecessary error messages (caused by internal working) in the debug layer
- Adding entries about DDraw resolution enumerating into the debug layer
- Fix for 'Best available one' output type when only WARP is available
- D3D crash fix (Honour & Freedom)
- D3D ProcessVertices incompatibility, fixed (RIM - Battle Planets)

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP41.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP41_dbg.zip

Once again Defender thinks it's Malware... 😵
Here is file submission form: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission
I suggest you to report MS once again this false positive.
Can't temporarily disable Defender with Windows 10 FCU, so it's impossible to download unless you have another AV program.

EDIT: I've extracted the files and no malware gets detected with extracted files. I suggest to use RAR or 7Z compression for next downloads.

Reply 286 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
KainXVIII wrote:

Aww, too bad! Well, at least i can force vsync (which don't work anymore in Windows 10 with dx8 games)

Actually, this is a problem I've wanted to address somehow from wrapper side for a long time.
I've introduced an option for DirectX to control if forced resolution/msaa is also affects rendertarget textures (to which reflections, shadows and such are commonly rendered) or not.
Unfortunately disabling the default behavior can easily drive the rendering into unresolvable situations in which dgVoodoo returns an error from the appropriate DX method, and it's up to the game what happens (crash or error message or wrong rendering).
(This is what can done from the wrapper side, any further hack is game-specific modding.)

According to my tests this doesn't work for e.g. Splinter Cell and BloodRayne2 but for easier stuffs like Morrowind and Broken Sword Sleeping Dragon it does.
The debug layer also informs the user if an unresolvable situation is detected and strongly warns against using it.

So, now Broken Sword works nicely with high res and MSAA.

Reply 287 of 1111, by UCyborg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

About Win10 and DX8, MS is just forcing maximized windowed mode on all DX8 applications, probably for Game DVR compatibility. The only way around it is to change hardcoded value of the variable referenced in exported function Direct3D8EnableMaximizedWindowedMode inside d3d8.dll. I've uploaded patched DLL here. So you get real fullscreen like in the previous versions. Some applications still have maximized windowed mode forced via Compatibility Engine, but those entries can be disabled using Compatibility Administrator.

Arthur Schopenhauer wrote:

A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.

Reply 289 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Enabled Vsync in game-forced (RavenShield.ini) windowed mode for Raven Shield - the windowed mode is the only way to avoid the crash entering a level - and I got a nice 60 FPS limiter 😄 (RTSS shows me 60 FPS)

Is this intended? I've never tested the VSync option in windowed mode before!

Reply 290 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
lowenz wrote:
And about RS, dege, take a look at this strange surface problem (simply rotating the viewport with the mouse): […]
Show full quote
lowenz wrote:

Raven Shied still has a problem (the old problem) loading a level in fullscreen mode 🙁

And about RS, dege, take a look at this strange surface problem (simply rotating the viewport with the mouse):

image.jpg

image.jpg

Up for this bug.

Reply 292 of 1111, by brad86

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
lowenz wrote:

WIP 41 is working well in Blade Runner (1997, DDRAW ), but why RTSS (RivaTuner Stats Server) can't show the overlay in game?

I have recently played through the game using 2.54 Stable. Everything worked perfect, including RTSS overlay.

My default settings:
3MufFzs.png
fGlurA6.png

Reply 293 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lowenz wrote:
lowenz wrote:
lowenz wrote:

Raven Shied still has a problem (the old problem) loading a level in fullscreen mode 🙁

And about RS, dege, take a look at this strange surface problem (simply rotating the viewport with the mouse):

Up for this bug.

BTW, with WIP41 I only get the fullscreen-crash when Alt-Tab out from the game. How is it for you?
(I created a fix for that too.)
Also, which level is the one on the pictures?

Reply 295 of 1111, by Destroy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I'm trying to get Mechwarrior 2 3dfx only version (Windows version that came with my Orchid Righteous 3D card at the time) and all Titanium versions to run.

Since its a well know fact that Win10 currently has a major issue crashing Mech2 games on level launch, I'm using VMware, trying both winXP Home DX7 and winVista64 DX11.

Not a single WIP version works with Mech2. Is there a reason for this?

dgVoodoo1.50beta2 does work great but anything newer than that does not.

I'm really hoping to get a WIP or dgVoodoo2_54 version working for the added features but they do not. Results are the game level loads, sound works and can hear the game running normally EXCEPT the screen is totally black.

So back to my question, why does Mech2 not work with the more recent dgVoodoo versions? This is such a classic major game, has it never been tested by Dege or anyone else?

Thank you for any help, or testing this out.

Reply 297 of 1111, by Expack3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Destroy wrote:
I'm trying to get Mechwarrior 2 3dfx only version (Windows version that came with my Orchid Righteous 3D card at the time) and […]
Show full quote

I'm trying to get Mechwarrior 2 3dfx only version (Windows version that came with my Orchid Righteous 3D card at the time) and all Titanium versions to run.

Since its a well know fact that Win10 currently has a major issue crashing Mech2 games on level launch, I'm using VMware, trying both winXP Home DX7 and winVista64 DX11.

Not a single WIP version works with Mech2. Is there a reason for this?

dgVoodoo1.50beta2 does work great but anything newer than that does not.

I'm really hoping to get a WIP or dgVoodoo2_54 version working for the added features but they do not. Results are the game level loads, sound works and can hear the game running normally EXCEPT the screen is totally black.

So back to my question, why does Mech2 not work with the more recent dgVoodoo versions? This is such a classic major game, has it never been tested by Dege or anyone else?

Thank you for any help, or testing this out.

Have you tried enabling "Inherit Color Profile in full screen" in the dgVoodoo2 config program? The problem you're having sounds a lot like the problem I had with another, albeit later game.

Reply 298 of 1111, by Destroy

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Expack3 wrote:

Have you tried enabling "Inherit Color Profile in full screen" in the dgVoodoo2 config program? The problem you're having sounds a lot like the problem I had with another, albeit later game.

Thanks for trying to help.

I just realized what I think is the issue. The newer dgVoodoo's have an issue not seeing the VMware 'video card'. See screen shots below.

No API Output available.
BLMaYmu.jpg

Older version works fine.
9dAxqbH.jpg

Reply 299 of 1111, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

dgvoodoo 2 isn't supported on Windows XP since the highest ver of d3d supported on XP is d3d9.

You need Vista or higher.

Nglide is likely your best bet on XP since development continued long past when dgvoodoo 1 was discontinued. (Although you may need to try an older ver of nglide). Last time I tried Mechwarrior 2 back in 2008 I used dgvoodoo 1 on Windows 2003 and it worked.

I can't remember how well OGL is supported in Vmware which is what nglide uses.

You're better off running MW2 (DOS) in DOSBox, pcem (ddraw,d3d,3dfx) or physical machine (3dfx) if you want to run the Windows ver for some reason.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline