VOGONS

WIP versions

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 780 of 1111, by RJ8

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Heroes of Annihilated Empires

DGVoodoo2 offers a solution (WIP54/DX9) to run this game on win7/64bit or even higher (not tested). The typical Video errors of the game are gone and letters of menues are readable now.
The only thing as far i have tested is that startmenus stick in the top left corner and are not resized by the wrapper. The game itself and ingame menus look good.

Request a game profile for VorpX - VorpX Inofficial Gamelist - RJs VorpX Games

Reply 781 of 1111, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Deffnator wrote:
Resident Evil 3/Biohazard 3 Sourcenext (2006) with the restoration patch this port uses DX9 and it supports resolutions up to 16 […]
Show full quote

Resident Evil 3/Biohazard 3 Sourcenext (2006) with the restoration patch
this port uses DX9 and it supports resolutions up to 1600x1200
-Texture filtering and Antialiasing doesn't work well, it has lines all over the scenarios.
-Wobbly and warping models, something that was fixed on this port, but dgvoodoo undoes it.

Here's what it looks like (same applies to RE3 using the HD mod) even with Voodoo2 activated
https://imgur.com/a/gLSjWKN

RE 3 has the same problem, mainly with Anti Aliasing and Ambient occlusion

Reply 782 of 1111, by batterymandark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Deffnator wrote:
Here's what it looks like (same applies to RE3 using the HD mod) even with Voodoo2 activated https://imgur.com/a/gLSjWKN […]
Show full quote
Deffnator wrote:
Resident Evil 3/Biohazard 3 Sourcenext (2006) with the restoration patch this port uses DX9 and it supports resolutions up to 16 […]
Show full quote

-Texture filtering and Antialiasing doesn't work well, it has lines all over the scenarios.
-Wobbly and warping models, something that was fixed on this port, but dgvoodoo undoes it.

Here's what it looks like (same applies to RE3 using the HD mod) even with Voodoo2 activated

that looks typical like when you trying to using 2d-filtering on games that use very low resolution textures or small sprites to "build" textures, that is sensitive to pixel position.
make sure to use nearest neighbor. Or set the dgcontrol panel to app driven texture filtering.
As far as I know, Dege has not release any version where you could select to only filtering textures on 3d model and leave 2d alone, like some playstation emulators do, to prevent bad rendering on sensitive sprites.

Reply 783 of 1111, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
batterymandark wrote:
that looks typical like when you trying to using 2d-filtering on games that use very low resolution textures or small sprites to […]
Show full quote
Deffnator wrote:
Here's what it looks like (same applies to RE3 using the HD mod) even with Voodoo2 activated https://imgur.com/a/gLSjWKN […]
Show full quote
Deffnator wrote:
Show full quote

that looks typical like when you trying to using 2d-filtering on games that use very low resolution textures or small sprites to "build" textures, that is sensitive to pixel position.
make sure to use nearest neighbor. Or set the dgcontrol panel to app driven texture filtering.
As far as I know, Dege has not release any version where you could select to only filtering textures on 3d model and leave 2d alone, like some playstation emulators do, to prevent bad rendering on sensitive sprites.

it would be interesting if he applies that in the future

Reply 784 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I didn't have much time recently, so don't expect much, but I have a new WIP (end of the year edition 😁):

=========================
WIP55:
=========================

- Multiple Render Targets (4 for the Internal Virtual card) with independent write masks (D3D9)
- All 16 bit norm/float + 32 bit float texture formats are supported (D3D9)
- Supporting the same color formats for volume textures that are available for 2d/cube textures
(except P8, D3D8/9)
- Support for auto-generating mipmaps for 2d/cube textures (D3D9)
- Support for SRGB texture sampling (D3D9, The Sims 3)
- Support for SRGB render target (D3D9)
- Bug in ps_2_x validator, fixed (The Sims 3)
- Fixing D3D9 depth bias
- Support for USHORT2/4N and FLOAT16_2/4 vertex component formats (D3D9)
- Some fixes in the D3D9 debug layer
- Other small fixes and optimizations

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP55.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP55_dbg.zip

I still couldn't test most of the reported games, so I'm going to be interested mostly in regression bugs for a while.
Unigine engine and Dragon Age Origins still don't work, known issue.

Reply 786 of 1111, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:
Deffnator wrote:

I didn't yet test remastered RE3 but it indeed seems to be bad texture tile shrounding.
But, it's very hard if not impossible to recognize what polygons are 2d and what are 3d.

peixoto may help you with that

also testing with Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2005, found no problems with msaa and antistropy, and high res, though the Rearview Mirror has occlusion and shows borders

Reply 788 of 1111, by batterymandark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:
Deffnator wrote:

I didn't yet test remastered RE3 but it indeed seems to be bad texture tile shrounding.
But, it's very hard if not impossible to recognize what polygons are 2d and what are 3d.

could it be possible to detect the size of a texture, let say to not filter textures less than 64 pixels,. as an option

Reply 791 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Benchmark in Aquamark 3 (B3D9 tweak + nvidia game profile removed from the game/application profiles DB / application name modified)

dgVoodoo2:
D3D11.png

MS:
D3D9.png

Why the gamma/brightness is different? (take a look at the fullscreen *PNG* image) It's about some texture format management?

Reply 792 of 1111, by Dreadmoth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

dgVoodoo WIP 54 and later seem to have stopped forcing games to render 32-bit colour:

Shogo + WIP53 and earlier
Shogo + WIP54 and later

Is there a setting that might restore the old behaviour?

Windows 10 64-bit | Intel Core i7-4770 @ 3.4GHz | MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Titanium 8GB | Samsung S23A700D, 1920x1080@120Hz | Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3 | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3, 1866MHz @ 9-10-9-27 | Samsung 860 EVO 2TB

Reply 793 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
RJ8 wrote:

Thanks Dege fror the WIP. Best wishes for 2019 !
RJ

Thanks!
Happy new year to everybody!

lowenz wrote:

Why the gamma/brightness is different? (take a look at the fullscreen *PNG* image) It's about some texture format management?

Must be related to pixel shader internals, but I can't see significant difference. Maybe a +/- 1 bias in rgb components.

lowenz wrote:

UT3 working BUT with Depth (?) issues:

Some problem with 'occlusion query' issuing... I fixed it along with some other D3D object handling bugs (crash at loading certain game levels) but still there are some rendering bugs.

Dreadmoth wrote:
dgVoodoo WIP 54 and later seem to have stopped forcing games to render 32-bit colour: […]
Show full quote

dgVoodoo WIP 54 and later seem to have stopped forcing games to render 32-bit colour:

Shogo + WIP53 and earlier
Shogo + WIP54 and later

Is there a setting that might restore the old behaviour?

Uhmm... no, it's a nice regression bug. Thx for the feedback, I fixed it and will include in the next WIP.

Reply 795 of 1111, by FulValBot

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Painkiller Black Edition (and all other, except Hell & Damnation): it works only with "unspecified", "centered" and "stretched" scaling mode options; only a black screen with all other

black screen also with 640x480 (in game options, and this with all scalers)

Reply 796 of 1111, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Bad Day LA
Boiling Point - Road to Hell
Call of Cthulhu - Dark Corners of the Earth
Dreamfall - The Longest Journey
Dungeons and Dragons - Dragonshard
Earth 2160
Kohan II - Kings of War
Raiden III
Starship Troopers

No change, all still have the same issues I mentioned previously.

F.E.A.R
Renders gun correctly when close to wall now, but still frequently does some texture glitching directly after loading:

FEAR 2019-01-05 13-12-27-87.jpg
Filename
FEAR 2019-01-05 13-12-27-87.jpg
File size
668.84 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
FEAR 2019-01-05 13-12-28-86.jpg
Filename
FEAR 2019-01-05 13-12-28-86.jpg
File size
665.26 KiB
Views
File license

F.E.A.R 2
Renders correctly now, but performance is sort of bad. Probably shader compilation related as I reloaded the segment that stuttered pretty badly and it ran smoothly the second time.

FEAR2 2019-01-05 13-07-49-87.jpg
Filename
File size
291.03 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 798 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lowenz wrote:

Hi Dege!

Did you see in my benchmark report screenshots the performance *pit* in the "High Particle Count" test of Aquamark3? Any hypothesis about?

Yes, the same low performance in 3dMark2001 for point sprite test. I still have the initial implementation for that, but didn't look at it what's wrong with that.

ZellSF wrote:

F.E.A.R 2
Renders correctly now, but performance is sort of bad. Probably shader compilation related as I reloaded the segment that stuttered pretty badly and it ran smoothly the second time.

How can that be? I didn't even know it's working now. Last time I checked it tried to create sm3 shaders so I didn't care about the game.
Actually, when launching the executable, it still tries and fails to create some sm3 shaders. I don't know if it affects the gameplay at some point(s).

Reply 799 of 1111, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Dege wrote:
ZellSF wrote:

F.E.A.R 2

How can that be? I didn't even know it's working now. Last time I checked it tried to create sm3 shaders so I didn't care about the game.
Actually, when launching the executable, it still tries and fails to create some sm3 shaders. I don't know if it affects the gameplay at some point(s).

The system requirements (back of the box) says it only requires shader model 2.0b, so it can't use shader model 3.0 for anything essential.