VOGONS

WIP versions

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 880 of 1111, by Ithilin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
kassin_dornelles wrote:

GTA IV fails to launch with the latest WIP on Wine, GTA IV pop up a message saying that is running out of video memory.
Tried with DXVK 0.96 and with WineD3D, both fails to boot the game with the same error.

One thing you might want to try is to increase the VRAM in the dgVoodoo2 config manager.

Here is Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen working somewhat but as you can see, it has some issues. The game wouldn't even run at first if I didn't set the VRAM to a high value, otherwise I would get a 'memory overun' error box.

Attachments

• DDDA.png
    Filename
    DDDA.png
    File size
    1.43 MiB
    Views
    File license
    Fair use/fair dealing exception

Reply 881 of 1111, by luigi-master

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Rockman X7 (Korea-only PC version)
When using DGvoodoo, the game appears to blow up the size of 2D elements, such as the title screen or the game UI. I have never seen an issue like this before, only with this game. The actual rendering seems like it works like it should, though.

RMX7 2019-02-23 14-58-38-15.png
Filename
RMX7 2019-02-23 14-58-38-15.png
File size
1.96 MiB
Views
File license

Reply 882 of 1111, by RJ8

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Hello, i would like to report a heavy mouse studdering issue with "The Suffering" (using this update https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file … ries-aio-patch/)

Request a game profile for VorpX - VorpX Inofficial Gamelist - RJs VorpX Games

Reply 883 of 1111, by Expack3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Lego BATMAN: The Official Video Game (DX9)
Works wonderfully with WIP57. It actually restores effects, such as bloom and DOF, which no longer work on my Win10 Home v1809 laptop with NVIDIA GTX 1060 Optimus graphics. However, the built-in ambient occlusion seems broken (see attachment), the game hangs for a few seconds on and off again, and forced anti-aliasing, while it works, tends to crash the game when it hangs.

Attachments

Reply 884 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

A new WIP:

=========================
WIP58:

- Restoring shader signatures for VorPX
- Minor shader compiling optimization
- Full support for 'DF16' and 'DF24' texture formats
- Implementing depth-only rendering (shadows in ATI tech demo Assassin)
- D3D9 Multi-rt Clear bug (scene demo Birostris)
- Improved rt + depthstencil validating (Donald Duck remastered + some scene demos)
- sm3 - non-sm3 pipeline linkage bugs (Strania + scene demo Crush)
- Fixing a bug in sm3 shader validator(s) + flowcontrol validator
- Some shader code generation bugs are fixed (e.g. a ps_1_x regression one in BloodRayne 2)
- First version of x64 D3D9 (tested only with UT2004 and Oxenfree)
- More optimal D3D system memory usage in general
- More optimal D3D video memory usage in general
- Optimized memory usage for DirectDraw - old Unreal engine games now run with any amount of VRAM
- Incompatibility of DDraw ALLOCONLOAD textures with MS DDraw, fixed (Fighting Force)
- Incompatible D3D9 device creation (finding refresh rates + handling exclusive mode), fixed (e.g. Enter The Matrix)
- Optimizing D3D8 CopyRects for resources in MANAGED pool (long level loading time in BloodRayne 2)
- Default amount of DX VRAM is increased to 256MB + VRAM size is changed to 64 bit
- Adding new option 'DirectXExt\\DeferredScreenModeSwitch' for games crashing on device init with fullscreen switch
- Adding new windowed mode attribute 'FullScreenSize'; if enabled then window will have full screen size with
image scaling inside - this is useful for fake fullscreen mode (without mouse emulation because it's forced windowed mode)

I refactored a fair amount of code again, so, I may have broken something.

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP58.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP58_dbg.zip

In this version I did some refactoring that I wanted to do for a long time. Still there are reported problems which I didn't yet check out. But I will, thx for the feedback!

BTW, I also added the possibility for forced windowed mode to be fake fullscreen. And, I was pondering on if a 'real fake fullscreen' with mouse emulation is needed.
The reason is, if 'Stretched, keep AR' scaling ratio is used then dgVoodoo switches to fullscreen in the desktop resolution, so that, there is no real physical display mode changing taking place with all its headache like rearranging desktop, etc. I think there would be no difference between that one and fake fullscreen. Am I missing something?

Reply 888 of 1111, by batterymandark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I can happily report that Darksector runs better now, and the hiccups is probably going too be smoother with some optimizing that will come along with future updates.

Still Avp classic from GoG won't scale the in-game resolution, which would result the game stays in downscaled.

Reply 890 of 1111, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Dead Space
Dragon Age Origins
Legend of Grimrock
Pac-Man Museum - Pac-Man Championship Edition
Raiden III

Still have major issues. I know they're not supposed to be fixed, but I have them installed so easy to test. I'm also not sure Dead Space or Legend of Grimrock is supposed to work.

Crysis
Red Alert 3

Seem to be fixed, but I'm having problems reproducing the issues they had in WIP57 now... Couldn't test 64-bit version of Crysis since it doesn't work on my computer at all, dgVoodoo2 or not.

DuckTales Remastered
Issue with gems:

ducktaleswrong.jpg
Filename
ducktaleswrong.jpg
File size
174.9 KiB
Views
File license

Original for comparison:

ducktalesright.jpg
Filename
ducktalesright.jpg
File size
173.7 KiB
Views
File license

Resolution forcing doesn't work, though I didn't expect it to as this game does internal scaling.

Outland
Not specifically to do with the latest WIP, but I found it in my screenshots folder and thought I'd mention that this game works. I don't think resolution forcing did though (it was unnecessary at any rate).

Outland 2019-02-10 20-36-55-66.jpg
Filename
Outland 2019-02-10 20-36-55-66.jpg
File size
554.15 KiB
Views
File license

Strania - The Stella Machine
If you tested this you probably noticed, but thought I would mention it anyway, menus/in-game text are wrong:

straniawrong.jpg
Filename
straniawrong.jpg
File size
155.32 KiB
Views
File license

Original for comparison:

straniaright.jpg
Filename
straniaright.jpg
File size
152 KiB
Views
File license

I didn't except this to work with resolution forcing either, so seeing this 720p locked game render in 4K was a nice surprise. Performance was a bit too problematic for it to be playable though.

Reply 891 of 1111, by batterymandark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ZellSF wrote:
Dragon Age Origins Still have major issues. I know they're not supposed to be fixed, but I have them installed so easy to test […]
Show full quote

Dragon Age Origins

Still have major issues. I know they're not supposed to be fixed, but I have them installed so easy to test. I'm also not sure Dead Space or Legend of Grimrock is supposed to work.

I defend you on this one, I would love to play Dragon Origin without a pair of enlargement glass when trying to use the UI bar and read text.

Reply 892 of 1111, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
batterymandark wrote:
ZellSF wrote:
Dragon Age Origins Still have major issues. I know they're not supposed to be fixed, but I have them installed so easy to test […]
Show full quote

Dragon Age Origins

I defend you on this one, I would love to play Dragon Origin without a pair of enlargement glass when trying to use the UI bar and read text.

Even if rendering was working perfectly, resolution forcing gives mouse cursor issues with Dragon Age: Origins.

Dege wrote:

BTW, I also added the possibility for forced windowed mode to be fake fullscreen. And, I was pondering on if a 'real fake fullscreen' with mouse emulation is needed.
The reason is, if 'Stretched, keep AR' scaling ratio is used then dgVoodoo switches to fullscreen in the desktop resolution, so that, there is no real physical display mode changing taking place with all its headache like rearranging desktop, etc. I think there would be no difference between that one and fake fullscreen. Am I missing something?

I think the current options should be good enough. I wish they were exposed in the Cpl though.

I tried the fullscreensize option with three games:

Dungeon keeper D3D
Much less messy in menus than in fullscreen mode, though I couldn't get ingame without crashing. I don't think that's dgVoodoo2 related though. I wonder why it worked for me earlier.

Outlaws
Smooth game<>FMV transitions without having to adjust desktop resolution and hiding taskbar first. Perfect alt-tab support. Huge improvement for this game.

Populous: The Beginning
Tries to decide its own window dimensions a bit too much, but with a simple ahk script:

Loop
{
WinWait,ahk_exe D3DPopTB.exe
WinMove,ahk_exe D3DPopTB.exe,,0,0,3840,2160
}

Then it's the same as Outlaws. Smooth menu<>game transitions, perfect alt-tab support and perfect mouse response without video tearing. Not as critical as Outlaws though.

Reply 894 of 1111, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

Wing Commander IV GOG(Non dvd and DvD versions): It still HATES dgvoodoo when it tries to upscale the menu windows and videos, non DVD still works flawlessly with SOL's DDraw patch.
DvD version works with Mario HCI's patch but the Menu scaling Bug still persists, Thankfully both left the source code to fix it in said patches if you want to look at it Dege

Wing Commander 3(Windows patch/Kilrathi Saga edition)
its still perfect, but pre 2.55 versions gave it a WCIV, PSX and 3do ports Dark space.

Star Wars: Tie fighter 98
mouse pointer problems on menus, and somewhat the game became "faster than normal"

Reply 895 of 1111, by xcomcmdr

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Dark Earth

Now works since at least WIP 55 (not with 2.55.4 and lower). Thank you Dege ! No more Fatal Error 8 messages when the game tries to invoke SetPalette (when invoking the save/load screen in-game, for example).

Before that, they would happen with or without dgVoodoo (or any other wrapper, on a Windows Vista or later system)

However, on some GPUs (Intel HD4000, for instance) and with dgVoodoo WIP active, some screens with background animations make the game painfully slow.

It happens very close to the very the beginning of the game. A few screens into the game, in other words.

Here is a demo :
https://archive.org/details/DKEDEMO

Reply 896 of 1111, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Deffnator wrote:
Wing Commander IV GOG(Non dvd and DvD versions): It still HATES dgvoodoo when it tries to upscale the menu windows and videos, n […]
Show full quote

Wing Commander IV GOG(Non dvd and DvD versions): It still HATES dgvoodoo when it tries to upscale the menu windows and videos, non DVD still works flawlessly with SOL's DDraw patch.
DvD version works with Mario HCI's patch but the Menu scaling Bug still persists, Thankfully both left the source code to fix it in said patches if you want to look at it Dege

Wing Commander 3(Windows patch/Kilrathi Saga edition)
its still perfect, but pre 2.55 versions gave it a WCIV, PSX and 3do ports Dark space.

Star Wars: Tie fighter 98
mouse pointer problems on menus, and somewhat the game became "faster than normal"

Some more
Jane's Fighters Anthology: The Dreaded Black bars and screen bug continues
Jane's Advanced Tactical Fighters: it runs fine, but there's stutter and rainbow ui after you press e sc to open the options menu.
Jane's US Navy Fighters '97: same as ATF, but the game seems to be stable now and not prone for high framerate crahses
Wing Commander II: Vengeance of the Kilrathi (Windows Version): Idk if should kiss or hug you DEGE, even the intro WORKS now without SUPERSPEED issues caused by tied refresh framerate, though the game still has stuttering black flickering problems during explosions, and Autopilot interlude scenes are still slow, i tested too with the wcdx patch made by Stinger at WC news, but the patched exe doesn't recognize d3d9 or ddraw.
https://www.wcnews.com/chatzone/threads/intro … -windows.27685/
Warcraft II Battlenet Edition: Slowdown persists ingame

Edit: TANKTICS Rainbow menu screens

Last edited by Deffnator on 2019-03-04, 21:24. Edited 2 times in total.

Reply 897 of 1111, by RJ8

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

WIP58:

- Restoring shader signatures for VorPX t_hoch1.gif t_hoch1.gif t_hoch1.gif

Last edited by RJ8 on 2019-03-04, 12:15. Edited 1 time in total.

Request a game profile for VorpX - VorpX Inofficial Gamelist - RJs VorpX Games

Reply 898 of 1111, by antrad

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

I tried Splinter Cell Chaos Theory with the WIP58 version (DirectX 9).

With WIP57 the shadows would not render, with this version they are rendered correctly.
With WIP57 there was a weird "grid" over the whole screen, but now there is none.

x86 version has trouble on game launch, the game starts in a small borderless window, but when I change the resolution in game it switches back to normal in fullscreen.
x64 version does not have this problem, but the sky and sea are flickering in the first mission, which is a problem I have even when I run the game normally without wrappers.
In the x86 version the sky and sea don't flicker.

I'm using Windows 7 64bit and R9 270x.

Edit: Which version am I even supposed to use, x86 or x64, does that depend on the game itself or the OS ?

https://antonior-software.blogspot.com

Reply 899 of 1111, by Expack3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
antrad wrote:

Edit: Which version am I even supposed to use, x86 or x64, does that depend on the game itself or the OS ?

It depends on the game and OS. If you're using a 64-bit OS, and the DX9 game you want to play is also 64-bit, then obviously you'll want to use the x64 DX9 DLL. Otherwise, stick with the contents of the x86 folder.