WIP versions

General information and assistance with dgVoodoo.

Re: WIP versions

Postby Firtasik » 2017-10-23 @ 19:39

RC Cars throws an error on startup with WIP37 or 38.
11 1 111 11 1 1 1 1 1 11 1 1 111 1 111 1 1 1 1 111
Firtasik

Postby Myloch » 2017-10-23 @ 21:43

the d3d8 dll is frequently deleted by my antivirus (bitdefender), is there anything Dege can do to avoid it being detected as a virus?
"Gamer & collector for passion, I firmly believe in the preservation and the diffusion of old/rare software, against all personal egoisms"
Myloch

Postby ZellSF » 2017-10-24 @ 10:24

Myloch wrote:the d3d8 dll is frequently deleted by my antivirus (bitdefender), is there anything Dege can do to avoid it being detected as a virus?
Sure there is. Is it reasonable that a small developer working for free should spend his time creating workarounds for bugs in software that isn't even his? I'm going with no.
ZellSF
Oldbie

Postby MrEWhite » 2017-10-24 @ 10:36

Myloch wrote:the d3d8 dll is frequently deleted by my antivirus (bitdefender), is there anything Dege can do to avoid it being detected as a virus?

I got a better fix, Windows Defender! :lol:
MrEWhite
Oldbie

Postby ZellSF » 2017-10-24 @ 10:51

MrEWhite wrote:

I had Windows Defender detect a version of dgVoodoo2 on another computer (I don't use Windows Defender).

Better solution is either to A: figure out what to trust yourself or B: contact your AV company when you have doubts.
ZellSF
Oldbie

Postby Maarcis12 » 2017-10-24 @ 11:08

Hello, Dege and forum,
i'm a new to this board, but i wanted to ask if there's a possibility to implement a fix to 2002 FIFA World Cup game which fixes grass texture flickering on and off?
Maarcis12

Postby Myloch » 2017-10-24 @ 11:45

Well well...it seems this wrapper really doesn't like asian games :roll:
This time is "Hero 英熊本色"
"Gamer & collector for passion, I firmly believe in the preservation and the diffusion of old/rare software, against all personal egoisms"
Myloch

Postby rolloLG » 2017-10-24 @ 20:36

MrEWhite wrote:

Defender from Windows 10 1709 detects the whole WIP37 as malware and will delete it automatically every time you download it or open its directory:
Trojan:Win32/Tiggre!plock :blah:
I've sent a FALSE POSITIVE report to MS using: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission let's see now...

EDIT: 24 hours later fixed by MS. Now is not detected as malware anymore
rolloLG

Postby lowenz » 2017-10-27 @ 22:18

There are some problems with Win10 Fall Creators and fullscreen management by dgVoodoo 2.
Splinter Cell remains minimized (after the intro videos, in the menu screen). Toggling "Disable ALT+Enter...." makes the menu screen visible BUT in a window.
lowenz
Oldbie

Postby franpa » 2017-10-28 @ 06:09

In the games EXE file properties, make sure the "Disable Fullscreen Optimizations" compatibility option is enabled, otherwise the game will use a hybrid display mode instead of proper Fullscreen Exclusive display mode.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gainward Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website
franpa
Oldbie

Postby lowenz » 2017-10-28 @ 08:45

Thanks!

EDIT: No difference in SC behaviour :(
lowenz
Oldbie

Postby Dege » 2017-11-19 @ 09:55

I was lucky!
An MSFT guy kindly reported my Win FCU problem to the DirectX Team and I got in contact with the right person. I really appreciate the help I got from there.

What turned out:
- I was wrong, there is no problem with their occlusion algorhytm. Self occlusion occurs in previous Windows versions too (with reason) but they added an extra (lose-focus) logic to FCU.
- The real problem is present on dgVoodoo side. Or, I'd rather say, on application/game side. Some games like Splinter Cell do a certain thing that drives DXGI to force the rendering window from fullscreen back to windowed mode through the self-occlusion way. Those game run in fake fullscreen on Win versions prior to FCU (which is a problem in itself).

Lose-focus logic could be changed a little bit to keep the compatibility with the specific scenario that the dgVoodoo-case uncovered, and it MIGHT be fixed later. I managed to create a simple repro app to show the difference between CU and FCU (that's the current phase of our conversation).

On the other hand, now that I understand what the real problem is, I think I found a way to be compliant with DXGI. At least Splinter Cell now works fine on FCU. I also changed another thing that is related to window activating, that fixed NOLF on FCU.
Now dgVoodoo seems to work fine on FCU, but the thing is I didn't tested too many games, so I don't want to speak to soon.

Now I'm thinking on whether to patch 2.54 with some additional fixes from the aggregated ones or to fix some others and release a new version from the current state.
Dege
Oldbie

Postby lowenz » 2017-11-19 @ 15:16

Good!
lowenz
Oldbie

Postby willow » 2017-11-19 @ 20:17

Same problem with avast sadly.
willow

Postby franpa » 2017-11-20 @ 09:08

The more compatible the DirectX Team can make the O/S with old games, the better. Keep pressing them to implement the compatibility fix even if you end up not taking advantage of it.
Core i7 920 @ 2.66GHZ | ASUS P6T Motherboard | 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM | Gainward Geforce 560 Ti 2048MB PCI-E | Windows 10 Pro x64.

my website
franpa
Oldbie

Postby daniel_u » 2017-11-20 @ 12:28

Dege wrote:I was lucky!
An MSFT guy kindly reported my Win FCU problem to the DirectX Team and I got in contact with the right person. I really appreciate the help I got from there.

What turned out:
- I was wrong, there is no problem with their occlusion algorhytm. Self occlusion occurs in previous Windows versions too (with reason) but they added an extra (lose-focus) logic to FCU.
- The real problem is present on dgVoodoo side. Or, I'd rather say, on application/game side. Some games like Splinter Cell do a certain thing that drives DXGI to force the rendering window from fullscreen back to windowed mode through the self-occlusion way. Those game run in fake fullscreen on Win versions prior to FCU (which is a problem in itself).

Lose-focus logic could be changed a little bit to keep the compatibility with the specific scenario that the dgVoodoo-case uncovered, and it MIGHT be fixed later. I managed to create a simple repro app to show the difference between CU and FCU (that's the current phase of our conversation).

On the other hand, now that I understand what the real problem is, I think I found a way to be compliant with DXGI. At least Splinter Cell now works fine on FCU. I also changed another thing that is related to window activating, that fixed NOLF on FCU.
Now dgVoodoo seems to work fine on FCU, but the thing is I didn't tested too many games, so I don't want to speak to soon.

Now I'm thinking on whether to patch 2.54 with some additional fixes from the aggregated ones or to fix some others and release a new version from the current state.

MS fixes stuff and then it breaks again. I say dont count on them if you can.
Also Win10 might be an never ending source of problems. New update , new issues, new dev work. You need to consider this also. Bullet proof your code.:)(nice move with the debug layer)

Also from time to time i would like to know what you are working on . :)
Do you use tweeter? Maybe we can create a new thread where you can share with the rest of us your status and what are you working on, if you do anywork. :)

Also about SC, i have posted some pictures(from a person who commented on SC thread) did you manged to have a look at the issue?
Here's the issue : viewtopic.php?f=59&t=34931&start=3300 Missing shadows from the windows blinds.

Regards.
daniel_u

Postby Dege » 2017-11-20 @ 13:08

MS fixes stuff and then it breaks again. I say dont count on them if you can.

Everyone do that, including me... ;)
That's why intensive testing is always needed.

daniel_u wrote:Also from time to time i would like to know what you are working on .

Well, I started too many things but I didn't have much time, especially in the recent months, resulting in laid aside things.
My workplace took unexpectedly too much time from me this year. That's why I wasn't responsive, even for PMs. Sorry to everyone for that.

daniel_u wrote:Also about SC, i have posted some pictures(from a person who commented on SC thread) did you manged to have a look at the issue?

Yes, I saw that issue but I didn't debug it yet.
Dege
Oldbie

Postby Dege » 2017-11-29 @ 17:37

A new WIP:

=========================
WIP39:
=========================

- DX Surface locking incompatibility, fixed (The Mystery of the Druids)
- Minor D3D/D3D8 bugs, D3D11 leaks fixed (my own tests)
- Some additional improvement in the Debug Layer
- Fixing 24 bit surface creation issue in DDraw (Blade Of Darkness, lava)
- Fixing fullscreen issue which causes more trouble than 'going into fake fullscreen' on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (e.g. Splinter Cell)
- Fixes for scaled output done by the wrapper ('Stretched, * AR' and 'Centered, AR' modes with larger than max of display-supported output images)
- Possibility of separate values for ImageScaleFactor for horizontal/vertical directions
- Option for disabling the default and classic resolutions for DirectX
- LfbWriteRegion bug in Glide, fixed (Blade of Darkness, background images)
- Support for partial Z-buffer copy in DirectDraw (The Revenant)
- Fixing range based fog hw calculations (The Chosen: Well of Souls)
- D3D8 software vertex processing incompatibility, fixed (Micro Commandos)

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP39.zip

Version with the Debug Layer:
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP39_dbg.zip
Dege
Oldbie

Postby lowenz » 2017-11-29 @ 17:42

Will test!
lowenz
Oldbie

Postby lowenz » 2017-11-29 @ 23:20

About Blade Of Darkness.....did you tackle the intro video codec issue?
lowenz
Oldbie

PreviousNext

Return to dgVoodoo General