VOGONS

WIP versions

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 480 of 1111, by KainXVIII

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:
KainXVIII wrote:

So how do i enable borderless windowed mode with forced higher resolutions? In Blade of Darkness for example - i want 1080p, 4:3 aspect ratio and borderless w. mode..

Add property 'borderless' to GeneralExt\WindowedAttributes. So, add line WindowedAttributes = borderless.

I must emphasize that this is not the 'fake fullscreen' feature. All it does that game window won't have a border when windowed mode is forced. If it's not defined then dgVoodoo forces a border to the window.

That's what i did, but game just runs in windowed mode (and not forced into higher resolution, in my case i wanted 1080p with 4:3 aspect ratio)

Reply 481 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dege wrote:

Do you have 'Disable Alt-Enter to toggle...' option disabled? If not (default) then dgVoodoo won't make any changes to the game window: its size (coming from the game) is preserved along with its border style.

Well, DISABLING that option makes the window of the RIGHT dimension 🤣 !
ENABLING (default) -> game window size = game menu size (640x480 with downscaling from set resolution of 1024x768)

So, why this behaviour?!

Default -> WRONG game size
Disabled -> RIGHT game size

Reply 482 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I experienced that some games just don't like if their window size or style got changed (including screen mode switching by Alt-Enter).
They crashed or hung somewhere in the window procedure. So I decided to only allow size/style change if Alt-Entering is enabled as well.

I may change this behavior in a future version, but for 2.55.x I don't want to do that, I should re-test a lot of stuffs again. 😀

So, briefly: if Alt-Entering is disabled then all the window properties are set by the game and left unchanged by dgVoodoo.

Reply 483 of 1111, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Dege wrote:

@Deffnator:
Hi!
I never tested this game, so for the time being, I cannot say anything about the problem. I guess it's the usual GDI/DDraw interop which is currently not fully supported in dgVoodoo, that's why videos don't show up in many cases. Or they do, in wrong size (for example, they are too small, aligned to the top-left window corner, etc.).

i've also tested with the Kilrathi saga versions of Wing commander, all of them works perfectly with the DDRAW forks, though WC3 still has some CTD bugs.

wing1 2018-06-30 13-36-42.png
Filename
wing1 2018-06-30 13-36-42.png
File size
1.16 MiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception
WC3W 2018-09-03 19-50-31.png
Filename
WC3W 2018-09-03 19-50-31.png
File size
918.63 KiB
Views
File license
WC3W 2018-09-04 23-30-06.png
Filename
WC3W 2018-09-04 23-30-06.png
File size
691.45 KiB
Views
File license

im using reshade because its easier to take screenshots, but also to experiment with some of the effects

Reply 484 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dege wrote:
I experienced that some games just don't like if their window size or style got changed (including screen mode switching by Alt- […]
Show full quote

I experienced that some games just don't like if their window size or style got changed (including screen mode switching by Alt-Enter).
They crashed or hung somewhere in the window procedure. So I decided to only allow size/style change if Alt-Entering is enabled as well.

I may change this behavior in a future version, but for 2.55.x I don't want to do that, I should re-test a lot of stuffs again. 😀

So, briefly: if Alt-Entering is disabled then all the window properties are set by the game and left unchanged by dgVoodoo.

Any hypothesis about why letting the option enabled (default, so the game decides) Mech 4 has this issue and disabling it (so dgVoodoo2 decides) NOT?
'cause this is the counterintuitive behaviour (you let the game decide and you got the wrong size of the window - but the "internal" resolution is correct as the screenshots show) 😁

Reply 485 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Tested Mech 3 Pirate's Moon -> Same behaviour!

Disabling "Disable etc etc etc" got the RIGHT window size in-game (corresponding to the rendering resolution selected in the game options screen)
Enabling it (default) got the WRONG window size (the same of the game menu, 640x480, downscaled from the selected resolution)

Reply 486 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

So, if option 'Disable Alt-Enter' is enabled then the following happens:
- The game creates its window, sets its size to something, probably to the game (application) resolution, along with some border style; dgVoodoo won't touch the window properties so forced resolution will simply be scaled down to fit the window when presenting a D3D11 frame

If option 'Disable Alt-Enter' is disabled then:
- The game creates its window, sets its size to something, probably to the game (application) resolution, along with some border style; dgVoodoo however will resize the window to the forced resolution and changes the border style according to the dgv config. And also, accepts Alt-Enter's to do screenmode switching.

Reply 487 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, but I don't force any resolution, the resolution is set in game via ITS option menu, not dgVoodoo2 control panel.
BUT dgVoodoo2 scales down the game resolution to the initial/menu window size (tipically 640x480 in old games).

If option 'Disable Alt-Enter' is disabled then the behaviour is the correct (expected) one and I got a nice 1024x768 / 1280x960 window when the 3D part kicks in.

Reply 488 of 1111, by Expack3

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

When trying to use ReShade 3.4.1. with dgVoodoo2 on XCOM Enforcer, I get an error message stating the resolution was unable to be set (see Enforcer_Error.txt).

Note that I tried this on my new laptop, which has an NVIDIA GTX 1060 (w/Max-Q) dedicated GPU, which is the default for rendering 3D graphics, and an Intel UHD 630 integrated GPU which drives the display and cannot be disabled from BIOS. Forcing the dedicated GPU via dgVoodoo2 resulted in the same problem, while forcing the latter got the game running, although in a window instead of fullscreen as well as no ReShade.

Also, the logs from both dgVoodoo2 and ReShade are attached to this post.

Attachments

• Filename
    Enforcer_Error.txt
    File size
    353 Bytes
    Downloads
    62 downloads
    File comment
    XCOM Enforcer error message
    File license
  • Filename
    DXGI.log
    File size
    9.56 KiB
    Downloads
    61 downloads
    File comment
    ReShade 3.4.1 output log
    File license
  • Filename
    dgvoodoo2_wip50_reshade..txt
    File size
    18.61 KiB
    Downloads
    63 downloads
    File comment
    dgVoodoo2 WIP 50 debug log
    File license

Reply 492 of 1111, by The Master

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Dege thank you for dgvoodoo2 but i have a little Problem with a Game: Shogo: Mobile Armor Division 3820x2400x16 is working finde but i always get the mouse button flashing up in the middle of the screen. the Game is Playable but it is very irritating. Maybe you could fix this. Thank you.

Reply 493 of 1111, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

So i Tested it with the Non DvD release of Wing Commander IV and the same bug persists, Black Screens on the menus that works only when i Alt+Enter to windowed mode
Menu screens are screwed up, cutscenes with internal player activated resizes to 320 screen, even with alt+enter its still fubar

Wing Commander 3 works flawlessly

The Master wrote:

Hello Dege thank you for dgvoodoo2 but i have a little Problem with a Game: Shogo: Mobile Armor Division 3820x2400x16 is working finde but i always get the mouse button flashing up in the middle of the screen. the Game is Playable but it is very irritating. Maybe you could fix this. Thank you.

i have the same bug with Tie Fighter and Xwing98, i need to activate the non hardware cursor, also the mouse bugs out if it touches the black bars during the briefing scenes

Reply 494 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lowenz wrote:

Dege, any explanations about why - using dgVoodoo2 - a 750 Ti with a quad core can overpower a 1050 Ti with a dual core+HT in nearly every "High Detail" test of 3DMark 2001, Nature apart (pixel shader heavy load)?

Good question... No idea at the moment. Cannot it be because of some CPU difference? I doubt that, but...

Reply 496 of 1111, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Dege wrote:
New WIP with the recent fixes: […]
Show full quote

New WIP with the recent fixes:

=========================
WIP50:
=========================

Patch to 2.55.3

- Adding new config element 'GeneralExt\WindowedAttributes' for borderless and always on top windows
- D3D6 fixes (The Sims, The Sims Complete Collection)
- Changing default texture sample value (Silent Hill 2 'white shader')
- DDraw fix (Lego Rock Raiders hangup)

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP50.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP50_dbg.zip

Any word on RIM: Battle Planets? Since it used to have no 3D models, but you fixed it and now they just clip from the camera too early, I'm wondering if you might have an idea of what's wrong? Or is it a new problem?

Reply 497 of 1111, by The Master

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Deffnator wrote:

i have the same bug with Tie Fighter and Xwing98, i need to activate the non hardware cursor, also the mouse bugs out if it touches the black bars during the briefing scenes

The Problem is that there is no funktion to deactivate the hardwre mouse 🙁

Reply 498 of 1111, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

here's the debug with WCIV, i need to alt+enter every time when i change menus.

also i included the internal logs too

Filename
dgvoodoo.log
File size
13.87 KiB
Downloads
55 downloads
File license
Filename
dwrap_debug.txt
File size
110 Bytes
Downloads
55 downloads
File license
Filename
debug.txt
File size
76.79 KiB
Downloads
74 downloads
File license

Reply 499 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
ZellSF wrote:

Any word on RIM: Battle Planets? Since it used to have no 3D models, but you fixed it and now they just clip from the camera too early, I'm wondering if you might have an idea of what's wrong? Or is it a new problem?

Umm, sorry... I completely forgot about that. But will have a look at it.