VOGONS

WIP versions

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 860 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Expack3 wrote:
Dege wrote:
sambow23 wrote:

Could you provide x64 DLLs?

You mean x64 version of D3D9? Or maybe all of the DX dlls for purposes like redirecting DX from a virtual machine to their host x64 counterparts?
(Like Kjliew does it with Glide in QEmu?)

He means providing dgVoodoo 2 D3D9 DLLs compatible with 64-bit games (64-bit exclusive or otherwise), such as Rimworld or Oxenfree.

Or the first 2 DX9 64 bit games, UT2004 (64 bit version has a D3D9 renderer) and Far Cry 64 :p

15 years ago......already 15 😐

Reply 863 of 1111, by batterymandark

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Neat, Darksector works at least, so now I can at least play the damn game beyond 2048x1152, but in-game post processing doesn't respond to the resolution I think, since it makes all blurry.
not sure if shadows are bugged, since that was one of the issues going more than 1152 horizontal resolution, I will check it out more.
it does have some minor hiccups when an level is loaded, but it seems to disappear, the issues after a minute.
I guess that is because some features isn't implemented yet at the dgvoodoo side.

Reply 865 of 1111, by Myloch

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Nba powerdunkers has a severe and weird problem: after starting the game successfully with dege's files and native d3drm.dll (it crashes with newer versions), main menus are correctly drawn but ingame and demo camera is dead: it stays fixed at the center of the field and it doesn't follow the action, so the game is not playable. Problem with ingame physics maybe?

"Gamer & collector for passion, I firmly believe in the preservation and the diffusion of old/rare software, against all personal egoisms"

Reply 866 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Got a problem with the lastest WIP release.

In Diablo (the first) playing in windowed mode with the window rescaled to 1280x960 when I click on a item (belt, inventory) the mouse cursor position is instantly reset to another position on the screen (and sometimes off the window too, if the item is on the left side of the belt).

The culprit is not the rescaling, 'cause the issue is present with the classic 640x480 resolution too.....but the "center app" option! (disabling that option solves the problem but you can still see a flashing white windows cursor in another position of the window when passing with the Diablo "hand" cursor on a belt item).

Reply 868 of 1111, by juxofir

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
lowenz wrote:

In Diablo (the first) playing in windowed mode with the window rescaled to 1280x960 when I click on a item (belt, inventory) the mouse cursor position is instantly reset to another position on the screen (and sometimes off the window too, if the item is on the left side of the belt).

The culprit is not the rescaling, 'cause the issue is present with the classic 640x480 resolution too.....but the "center app" option! (disabling that option solves the problem but you can still see a flashing white windows cursor in another position of the window when passing with the Diablo "hand" cursor on a belt item).

Did you find any way of solving windows cursor issue? It's also present in latest stable release, I've tried many config options but it's always there.

Reply 872 of 1111, by Deffnator

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
lowenz wrote:

This is the SAME problem with wing commander 4 WC95 and the DVD version, it screws with the AVI cutscenes too.
Sadly Sol's patch Fixes WC4 windows95(which needs update because the latest NVIDIA updates broke Vsync interaction)

Reply 873 of 1111, by Ithilin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
FulValBot wrote:

I think that GTA San Andreas has some problems with dgVoodoo2, there are pixels very visible... I recommend to use a 4:3 resolution with that game

I'm using a mod that adds certain post processing that the PS2 version had, so there may be some incompatibilities that aren't in the unmodded version. Personally I wouldn't recommend a 4:3 resolution as I don't see any reason to not use it -- the game works perfectly in widescreen without dgVoodoo2. Yes, it's a bit pixelated but it works and that's why I posted.

Nonetheless, there are issues with the game in that department but if I'm not mistaken it crashed before entering the game before the current WIP (after the menu) and now it doesn't.

Edit: Just tested to see, it was actually around WIP 56 that it started working.

Reply 874 of 1111, by UCyborg

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank
Ithilin wrote:

the game works perfectly in widescreen

Not without this it doesn't.

Arthur Schopenhauer wrote:

A man can be himself only so long as he is alone; and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom; for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.

Reply 875 of 1111, by Ithilin

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I don't understand the need to challenge everything one says incessantly to the point of exhaustion. Is being technically 'right' a pleasure to many, or what? It does run perfectly, aside from a subjective view that incorrect UI scaling detracts from the enjoyment of playing the game.

Why not keep the conversation inline with the topic.

Reply 876 of 1111, by robertmo

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

Ithilin turn off that ps2 effect or you will hurt your eyes. It looks kind of like 3D is turned on. Everything is with an echo or doubled or tripled. You cannot concentrate your sight on anything and it just hurt. Like both eyes were not looking at the same point. eyes try to adjust but obviously cannot.