VOGONS

WIP versions

Topic actions

• This topic is locked. You cannot reply or edit posts.

Reply 1001 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Melinda wrote:

When I swapped to Direct3D MS WARP, it worked perfectly fine, but I have 1 FPS sadly.

I didn't yet test this game. But, it's strange it works with the WARP rasterizer. Do you have an AMD card?

lowenz wrote:

Interesting and subtle errors (?) of dx9 implementation 😁

Uhh, some more stuff that's hard to debug… thx btw 😀

lowenz wrote:
Dege wrote:

Unfortunately I had to make a little patching for SC3 to use it with dgVoodoo (crashing when setting display mode). Needed things cannot be implemented on the wrapper side.
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/SplinterCell3_1.05_dgVoodoo_patch.zip

No new version needed for this, right?

Ah, about SCCT patching.....can you enable higher resolutions for the soft shadows?

Yep, that patch is still fine. It's not about rendering but some win32 message handling.
Higher res for soft shadows? Not really… I could only do something similar to 'DirectXExt\RTTexturesForceScaleAndMSAA', meaning higher res textures only for depth buffers, but it all is very problematic, doesn't fit well to other parts of the rendering.

lowenz wrote:

About ReShade's DB access.....a lot of times dgVoodoo2 D3D11-wrapping process completely block/destroy it in DX9 games.
No cure for that, right?

Umm... what is blocked or destroyed?

willow wrote:
lowenz wrote:
RoyBatty wrote:

DX11 supports MSAA now with deferred rendering, and a few other newer techniques that aren't used yet. SMAA and FXAA are just inferior and I too would like MSAA, TAA/TSAA looks great for still images but looks like vaseline smeared across the monitor on moving ones.

^

Support doesn't means that it works. All dx11 games doesn't offer msaa spport and force msaa in nvidia driver doesn't work with some dx11 games.
Force msaa with dgvoodoo 2 in dx11 game could mean possible bugs.

Yes, exactly...
Unfortunately dgVoodoo could only do the same in the background that the driver itself: forcing textures to be MSAA'ed and injecting the resolving (msaa->non-msaa) commands when needed. Not only would cause performance loss but it weren't guaranteed at all to work properly in general with various rendering techiques.
See the current state: forced MSAA via dgVoodoo can add a lot to the appearance of a particular game and works great but it's simply unusable for others with special rendering techniques.
I remember nVidia had an option on its CPL for forcing MSAA (DX9) but that didn't work well for me.
I forgot last time, but what about DSR for replacing MSAA?

Reply 1002 of 1111, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Dege wrote:
lowenz wrote:

About ReShade's DB access.....a lot of times dgVoodoo2 D3D11-wrapping process completely block/destroy it in DX9 games.
No cure for that, right?

Umm... what is blocked or destroyed?

The depth buffer.
In D3D9 ReShade can access it.
Wrapped to D3D11 there's no more access.

Last edited by lowenz on 2019-05-13, 20:11. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 1004 of 1111, by RoyBatty

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Well MSAA might not work with some games, but it may very well be fine for others. AA and other graphics technique always have some kind of performance impact, and I think it would be about the same with DSR, at least when I tested DSR with ENB (which I despise). Tons of options simply don't work in the released games, or work correctly, not sure if the shaders are just broken or what. They certainly are in for ex Skyrim SSE and were fixed by 3rd parties. It doesn't hurt to experiment and see what works and what doesn't, unless you think it would damage hardware, that wouldn't be good.

Reply 1005 of 1111, by Melinda

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:
Melinda wrote:

When I swapped to Direct3D MS WARP, it worked perfectly fine, but I have 1 FPS sadly.

I didn't yet test this game. But, it's strange it works with the WARP rasterizer. Do you have an AMD card?

I have a Nvidia card. 1080 Ti. I thought it seemed strange how both my CPU and GPU were maxing at 100% usage when it was 1 FPS. The GPU was spiking to 100% every second though.

Reply 1006 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Expack3 wrote:

Legend of Grimrock 1 (GOG) - Shadowing glictches out as more and more game time elapses. (see attachment)

I've just checked out this game. I can reproduce the glitches but I cannot capture any bad frame in the graphics debugger and also didn't find any bug on dgVoodoo side.
The game also work fine on Intel and through dxvk (needed a special build for that). It seems to be an nVidia driver bug for me.

Reply 1007 of 1111, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Dege wrote:
Expack3 wrote:

Legend of Grimrock 1 (GOG) - Shadowing glictches out as more and more game time elapses. (see attachment)

I've just checked out this game. I can reproduce the glitches but I cannot capture any bad frame in the graphics debugger and also didn't find any bug on dgVoodoo side.
The game also work fine on Intel and through dxvk (needed a special build for that). It seems to be an nVidia driver bug for me.

I get graphic artifacts on DXVK, Intel GPU and WARP.

Reply 1012 of 1111, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I've tried to play Sam & Max (season 1, Steam) today. I have a Windows 10 Ryzen with Geforce 1050Ti.

Episode 1 worked without dgvoodoo, but I'm still wondering why.

Episode 2 and 3 only works with dgvoodoo, but they stutter badly. I think that it's something to do with the game engine, not related to dgvoodoo.

I haven't tried episodes 4, 5 and 6 (too frustrated to check them today, I'll try them when episode 2 works as intended).

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 1015 of 1111, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

The Force Unleashed works but I had to bypass the launcher first.

Would it be possible to add an option to dgVoodoo to let certain exes in a directory ignore the wrapper dlls and use "passthru to real DirectX" mode instead? Some games on Steam have been mangled to the point that they can only be run through their launcher.

Reply 1016 of 1111, by Zup

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
Zup wrote:
I've tried to play Sam & Max (season 1, Steam) today. I have a Windows 10 Ryzen with Geforce 1050Ti. […]
Show full quote

I've tried to play Sam & Max (season 1, Steam) today. I have a Windows 10 Ryzen with Geforce 1050Ti.

Episode 1 worked without dgvoodoo, but I'm still wondering why.

Episode 2 and 3 only works with dgvoodoo, but they stutter badly. I think that it's something to do with the game engine, not related to dgvoodoo.

I haven't tried episodes 4, 5 and 6 (too frustrated to check them today, I'll try them when episode 2 works as intended).

It seems that the game pauses for some tenths of second every time it has to load any kind of texture, animation or sound. Definitely, nothing related to dgvoodoo.

I have traveled across the universe and through the years to find Her.
Sometimes going all the way is just a start...

I'm selling some stuff!

Reply 1017 of 1111, by JJXB

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay, this is odd. initially RS Vegas 2 didn't pass depth info through WIP59_1 into Reshade and i was going to report that. then i go to test CT Special Forces and it did. so i went back to get screenshots of it not passing depth data through WIP59_1 in Vegas 2 and now it does. Make of that what you will but i'm just confused now.
CT Special Forces Depth through WIP59_1

OVERLAY 2019-05-21 16-52-11.png
Filename
OVERLAY 2019-05-21 16-52-11.png
File size
541.45 KiB
Views
File license
Fair use/fair dealing exception

Vegas 2 Depth with D3D9 Passthrough:

R6Vegas2_Game 2019-05-21 16-57-42.png
Filename
R6Vegas2_Game 2019-05-21 16-57-42.png
File size
708.79 KiB
Views
File license

Vegas 2 Depth through WIP59_1:

R6Vegas2_Game 2019-05-21 16-59-17.png
Filename
R6Vegas2_Game 2019-05-21 16-59-17.png
File size
705.14 KiB
Views
File license

Reply 1018 of 1111, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Just a new WIP:

=========================
WIP60:
=========================

- Some missing D3D9 caps are exposed for the internal card type
- vs - ps_3_0 pipeline linkage bug, fixed (4k demo Fan_tastic)
- vs_3_0 flow control validator is fixed (Valkyria Chronicles)
- Some bugs and imperfect instruction impls are found in the DXBC generator, fixed (Deus Ex Human Revolution, Divinity Dragon Commander)
- Problem with an internal cache, fixed (Batman Arkham Asylum)
- Fixing 'invalid device creation parameters' error (Dark Souls - Prepare to Die Edition)
- Some minor bugs related to D3D9 rendering are fixed (Dark Souls, Blur)
- Adding support for ATI1/ATI2 texture formats (Astebreed)
- Improving D3D8/9 UpdateTexture for more general src/dst texture types (Unigine Heaven benchmark with ATI1/2 support)
- Improving D3D9 rt/depth validation, bug of simultaneous src/dst usage of depth textures is fixed, optimized (Deus Ex HR, Split Second)
- Some optimizing for sw D3D9 drawing
- Fixing default color of A8 texture format (Blade Of Darkness)
- Adding support for sphere map texture coord generation (D3D9)

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP60.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP60_dbg.zip

Reply 1019 of 1111, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Dead Space works now, but has really glitchy shadows.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Director's Cut might have had some fixes, but sadly resolution forcing seems to be very broken because of them 🙁. Seemed to work fine in WIP58.

Red Alert 3: Uprising now works with max shader quality.

Valkyria Chronicles works (duh, since it's explicitly mentioned in the changelog) and it also works with resolution forcing fixing the one high-res scaling issue the game has. It's a very minor issue though and probably not worth risking running into other wrapper issues or resolution forcing issues later in the game over.

X-Com: Enemy Unknown seems to no longer have rendering issues.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Carrier Command: Gaea Mission
Dragon Age: Origins
Legend of Grimrock
Legend of Grimrock II
Raiden III
R.U.S.E
SkyDrift
Strania
Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X

No change.