Future Cop L.A.P.D. (Windows Popups not working, Fullscreen issues)

General information and assistance with dgVoodoo.

Future Cop L.A.P.D. (Windows Popups not working, Fullscreen issues)

Postby DCX6723 » 2017-3-01 @ 23:49

The game runs very well with dgVoodoo (latest stable, mouse cursor seems better in WIP version) however, this is completely not possible to :
- Edit sound/controller options, the new windows popups can't be launched in Escape menu
- At startup, an alt+enter switch is required, may also be required when going in-game according to the game res (not sure at 100% for this one)
- Mouse is slow in menu (although movement clarity is enhanced in latest WIP)
DCX6723

Re: Future Cop L.A.P.D. (Windows Popups not working, Fullscreen issues)

Postby liqmat » 2017-3-03 @ 03:10

Which Windows version are you using? The game works flawless for me without the need for dgVoodoo in Windows 7 64. I did have to use the replacement installer found on this website:

http://www.play-old-pc-games.com/2014/0 ... -cop-lapd/

I also used the Windows 98 compatibility mode for the exe. All option screens, startup, mouse, etc. works perfect.

lapdset.jpg
liqmat

Re: Future Cop L.A.P.D. (Windows Popups not working, Fullscreen issues)

Postby DCX6723 » 2017-3-03 @ 21:52

liqmat wrote:Which Windows version are you using? The game works flawless for me without the need for dgVoodoo in Windows 7 64. I did have to use the replacement installer found on this website:

http://www.play-old-pc-games.com/2014/0 ... -cop-lapd/

I also used the Windows 98 compatibility mode for the exe. All option screens, startup, mouse, etc. works perfect.

lapdset.jpg

Thanks for the replie ;)

Well Windows 7 is the latest OS to support "natively" the game with W98 option, I don't remember being able to play it on Windows 8 also.
But huge thanks for the tip, mixing W98 mode + dgvoodoo2 fix a lot of issues on Windows 10 including the window popup and the music is properly played, also graphics are native !

Thanks again ;)
However the game only run in English edition, my french CD isn't compatible at all, the game crashs after intro no matter what but I patched the US release with french audio easily.
DCX6723

Return to dgVoodoo General