VOGONS

First post, by MeshThe2nd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Okay, I've been trying this all last night, and most of today, and I'm stumped. I registered just to get some more experienced opinions on this. I have seen widespread reports of dgVoodoo2 working to amazing extents, yet it fails to do anything for me except sit there, I'd really like to know what I'm doing wrong.

Trying to get this to work for Star Wars Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight

I've tried 2.53, 2.45, and 2.43. All versions that were suggested to have worked, but I got nadda. Copied the D3DImm.dll and DDraw.dll
to directory where JK.exe is loaded. Added the folder in dgvoodoosetup.exe. And my screens look like this:

VtjSOay.png
lxacUYC.png
Lks0mwG.png

I've tried it with the setup utility in the directory, without. Tried custom resolution, enabled 3D Accelerator (As some had suggested) in the ingame options, tried it without the Accelerator enabled. I'm pretty stumped. Am I missing something rather simple here? Highly likely that I am, but all the tutorials say to simply copy the files over and config in dgvoodoosetup utility. I even installed DirectX 9.0 offline installer from Microsoft, incase it needed that for some reason. Any help would be fantastic, as I'm unsure of what to do next quite honestly.

Running Windows 10: i7 4790k, GTX 970, 16gb Ram 2400mhz DDR3, 500gb Samsung EVO SSD

I've also tried the Glide wrappers, incase that would've worked for some reason, and it still hasn't done a thing for me yet.

It's now safe to shut off your computer.

Reply 1 of 2, by teleguy

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

A few things.

You should use either "feature level 10.1" or "Best available one" as Output API. Some features are not available on feature level 10.0. Also enable the dgVoodoo watermark to check if dgVoodoo is working. The menus of the Steam version won't take adavantage of dgVoodoo. To change that replace the exe with a different one, see http://steamcommunity.com/app/32380/discussio … 85562477605824/ and https://steamcommunity.com/app/32380/discussi … 58593395973042/ .

Lastly, what exactly do you want to accomplish with dgVoodoo?

Reply 2 of 2, by MeshThe2nd

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

That exe fix worked, though it's having trouble aligning the mouse on the screen properly, I'll probably have to fuddle around with the settings. But I was able to get Jedi Knight windowed, exactly what I wanted. Thank you.

It's now safe to shut off your computer.