VOGONS

dgVoodoo with Final Fantasy XI

Topic actions

Reply 40 of 43, by Sacriel

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Wow this is incredible, I've been dealing with fps issues on FFXI on my laptop for years and now it's smooth as butter! Question though, I noticed that grass is not rendering until you're with several feet of it, as well as NPCs such as monsters appear grayed out at a distance and slowly fade back to normal color once you approach. Any ideas? I'm going to try tweaking some settings in dogVoodoo2.

Reply 43 of 43, by sarirodord

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Sacriel wrote on 2017-08-10, 19:56:

Wow this is incredible, I've been dealing with fps issues on FFXI on my laptop for years and now it's smooth as butter! Question though, I noticed that grass is not rendering until you're with several feet of it, as well as NPCs such as monsters appear grayed out at a distance and slowly fade back to normal color once you approach. Any ideas? I'm going to try tweaking some settings in dogVoodoo2.

Hi Sacriel! I know your post is quite old now, but is there any chance you could share what you've done to fix the greyed out models issue, if you managed to figure it out at all? I'm facing the very same issue now, on Windows 10 with NVidia Geforce RTX 2060. Cheers!