VOGONS

First post, by AesirHod

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Two of my favorite games, Soul Reaver 2 and Blood Omen 2 currently require DgVoodoo to be playable, however even using this, there's a very noticable glitch that occurs with transparent polygons.

In Soul Reaver 2, when you kill an enemy and devour its soul, the corpse will play a disintegration effect. It's sort of a clip plane that moves from the enemy's feet to their head with a glowing burn effect at the edge. Blood Omen 2 has an ability where Kain can stand in the mist and appear as a transparent silhouette surrounded by a mist particle effect.

Using DgVoodoo, the polygons that should be fully transparent are rendering as black, which really spoils the effect. If this is the forum to report bugs or request features for DgVoodoo, then I'd like to ask the developer to look into this. Myself and other fans who I know would really appreciate it.

EDIT: The bug isn't a problem without DgVoodoo, but there are worse ones instead. So I believe it's just a feature of DirectX that DgVoodoo doesn't support yet.

Reply 2 of 2, by AesirHod

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Sorry for the slow response. Been pretty busy.

I'm struggling to get a screenshot due to the settings being messed up at the moment. Is there something built into DgVoodoo that works better than the print screen key?

I've verified that the effect doesn't get used on human enemies, so it needs to be demons or mutants etc that you test with.

I'll ask some others I know if they can get some pics.