VOGONS

First post, by Gamealmostworking

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hi,

I'm running final fantasy 11 on windows 7 64 bit with a gtx 780 , using DgVoodoo 2 to run it as it keeps crashing if I don't. Just want to say very happy with DgVoodoo as it allows me to play the game and not crash. But I have one issue and I can't fix it.. I also use a program called windower so I can dual box the game, game runs perfect at 29.4FPS or 58.8 if I use windower to ulock fps to 60. Issue i'm having is the game will stutter every so often, usually when a weapon skill is used or a fast action is performed in the game it will stutter or rather freeze for 1-2 seconds and FPS will drop by 4-5 during this short time. anyone know what settings I may need to adjust or tweak in both Dgvoodoo/Nvidia control or even windower to remove this strange stutter? if I run the game with out Dgvoodoo i don't get this stutter and runs perfect for 30-40 min until it crashes, I can run game for ever with Dgvoodoo but this stutter is driving me crazy.. if anyone has an idea what could be causing it please let me know .

Reply 2 of 5, by Gamealmostworking

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:

Isn't it a same or very similar problem as

Graphics lock up
?

no but I updated dgvoodoo to 2.55 from 2.54 and the crazy stuttering is gone, I get a very very small slow down hardly notice it on version 2.55, hopefully version 2.56 100% fixes it.

Reply 5 of 5, by Atomic Skull

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:

BTW, is it a general problem in FFXI, or just in some particular area in the game?

It's a general problem with the game, fog isn't applied to monsters, any moving object and certain landscape objects. The area I took screenshots of has fog at all times which makes it easy to show the problem off there. In most areas where fog can be present it is an intermittent weather effect that may or may not show up at certain times of the day.