VOGONS

First post, by selvax00y

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I seem to have some issues when running NFS 3, 4, 5, and 6 with the 2.55+ versions. Version 2.54 works like a charm.

For 3, random textures are not applied (places where they would be are white). For 4, 5 and 6, the text is unreadable, cars are white, with the world kinda being OK. The issues are not present in WARP mode.
I have a feeling that if I tried some other games as well, that I would have similar issues. This makes me think that something might be wrong with my system, but I have no idea what. I'm running Windows 7 with an AMD RX 580.

Reply 1 of 4, by DarkSynopsis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Anything ever happen with this? I'm having a similar issue with SWAT3, I'm on a RX 570 running the latest AMD drivers as of this post (20.2.2) on Win 10 and as this post says any version above 2.5.4 seems to break textures.

Quick Image:
https://i.imgur.com/b4n2WFK.jpg

Reply 2 of 4, by Dege

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Yes, it's a known issue. dgVoodoo 2.55+ is unfortunately broken on AMD cards for some reason (solid colors instead of textures).

I still don't know how to resolve this problem as it works fine on all other D3D11 implementation.
Somebody also reported the WIP version between 2.54 and 2.55 that broke the rendering, but I couldn't yet figure out the reason.

Reply 3 of 4, by KingSyphilis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Dege,

I have been testing various WIP versions with Star Wars Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II. My card is an AMD Radeon RX 580.

I believe the AMD "white/missing texture" regression was introduced with WIP44.

Here are working download URLs for anyone curious:

Reply 4 of 4, by jamyskis

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I've been able to confirm that numerous games have the "white texture"/untextured problem with 2.63.1 which does not occur with 2.54, among them:

Star Wars Episode 1: Racer
Sega Rally Championship
Sega Rally 2
Pong
Killer Loop (although this has entirely different problems under 2.54)
Frogger

The problem is resolved if I set output API to MS WARP, although this of course results in performance issues.

Oddly enough, I only upgraded my PC from an HD 7870 to a RX 580 a couple of weeks ago, and the white texture problem did not occur with 2.63 on my HD 7870, but does regularly occur on my RX 580. Is this problem perhaps specific to the RX4xx/RX5xx series of AMD cards?

Phenom X4 920 Quad-core CPU @ 2.8GHz per core
4GB RAM DDR2 800MHz
ATI Radeon HD4890
1.5TB hard drive over three hard drives
Combo CD/DVD burner/Blu-Ray reader
Windows XP SP3, Ubuntu 9.10, Vista SP1