dgVoodoo 2.6.x and related WIP versions

Topic actions

Reply 41 of 276, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
lowenz wrote:

Aquamake 3 (B3D9.dll hack 😁 ) keeps crashing with resolution >= 1280x720 (or 1366x768)
The only way to run it is to force the resolution.

Update

The bug is in the resolution SWITCHING process, setting the values manually in the confi files solves the problem.

Reply 45 of 276, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lowenz wrote:
But for AMD there's a bigger problem: […]
Show full quote

But for AMD there's a bigger problem:

Nvidia correct texture color
AMD *wrong* texture color
Specular/Normal/Bump -mapping issue?

I think it's the usual AMD texturing issue. Let's wait a little while longer with it, a solution might be found for that.

ZellSF wrote:

WIP63+ (including latest version) seems to have broken the unofficial D3D9 render for Unreal Tournament:
https://www.moddb.com/games/unreal-tournament … 3d9-drivers-r13

What's the problem with that (some rendering errors somewhere)? It works fine for me with 2.62.1.

Reply 46 of 276, by ZellSF

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
Dege wrote:
ZellSF wrote:

WIP63+ (including latest version) seems to have broken the unofficial D3D9 render for Unreal Tournament:
https://www.moddb.com/games/unreal-tournament … 3d9-drivers-r13

What's the problem with that (some rendering errors somewhere)? It works fine for me with 2.62.1.

Oops, sorry, it was because there was an older version of dgVoodoo's ddraw.dll in the folder, I thought it didn't use ddraw.dll so I didn't check.

Reply 49 of 276, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

Some considerations about AMD Radeon and pixel shading performance in dgVoodoo2 (lastest WIP - FL 11.0 - 1920x1080 + AA 4x + 32 bit textures/no compression)

Dege, take a look here!

1050 Ti (mem +500 MHz) 3DMark 2001 Nature: 465 PFS
DX11-1050-Ti.jpg

RX 570 (mem +450 MHz and timing optimization) 3DMark 2001 Nature: 371 FPS
DX11-RX570.jpg

WTF, how a 1050 Ti can throw 100 FPS more than a RX570?
Can you do something dgVoodoo2-side or it's all about the AMD drivers?

Reply 50 of 276, by lowenz

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

HL2 Update, is this expected (No "High" preset available for Shadows) ?

hl2-2019-10-27-14-29-16-470.jpg

And there's some issue with the "Valve man" video codec (screen is totally fuchsia no big deal, you can skip it of course).

Reply 53 of 276, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
lowenz wrote:

WTF, how a 1050 Ti can throw 100 FPS more than a RX570?
Can you do something dgVoodoo2-side or it's all about the AMD drivers?

Unfortunately, no. dgVoodoo just sends a general low-level shader code to the driver, and it's up to the driver from that point.
But I'm not sure if it's because the shaders. It can be tons of other things, like amount/type of the commands sent to the driver.

Reply 54 of 276, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

I have a minor update to 2.62.1. It's a WIP but if everything is ok with it then I release it as a new version:

=========================
WIP66:
=========================

Changes compared to v2.62.1:

- Changing DDraw device GUIDs to match MS DDraw ones
- Improving validation feedback for DDraw Create methods in the debug layer
- Optimizing something (60 Seconds for Mr. Light)
- Fixing FVF validation for DX5/6/7 (Motocross Madness 2)
- Fixing validation of vertexbuffer create parameters for DX6/7 (Hot Wheel Slot Cars)
- Changing hardware descriptor string for QEmu environment (Voodoo4)
- Adding x64 Napalm build

http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP66.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/temp/dgVoodooWIP66_dbg.zip

Reply 56 of 276, by legion_pheonix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:

I have a minor update to 2.62.1. It's a WIP but if everything is ok with it then I release it as a new version:

There is a longstanding issue with Shadowgrounds (2006). When the Render Glow effect is enabled in the game launcher settings. White screen flicker occurs when the flashlight or other objects with light on.
Can you solve this problem?
Here is my build of the game so you can check immediately.
<link removed>
The problem is not fixed, at the very beginning turn on / off the flashlight and run around and you will see the effect of white flicker.

Reply 58 of 276, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t
legion_pheonix wrote:
There is a longstanding issue with Shadowgrounds (2006). When the Render Glow effect is enabled in the game launcher settings. W […]
Show full quote
Dege wrote:

There is a longstanding issue with Shadowgrounds (2006). When the Render Glow effect is enabled in the game launcher settings. White screen flicker occurs when the flashlight or other objects with light on.
Can you solve this problem?
Here is my build of the game so you can check immediately.
<link removed>
The problem is not fixed, at the very beginning turn on / off the flashlight and run around and you will see the effect of white flicker.

Ok, thanks, I'll check it out!
I removed the download link from your post. I don't know if this game went abandonware or something, but if it's legal to freely download, let me know and I restore the link.

Deffnator wrote:

Dege, can you contact Google about your website?
they red flagged it

As usual... Things with my best friend, google, goes on by the following schedule: I compile a new version, check it against on virustotal to make sure that only less than 10 AV crapwares treats it as malware. Then I upload it and everybody is happy for about a month, when I get a mail from my bestfriendgoogle that some malware is detected on the site because google changes its mind meanwhile. As I can see, now they say that MaceGriffin.zip is also a malware. An executable from a game. Congrats to them.

So, the only thing I can do is change this and that and send an 'Ask for a review' from the search console.
+ditching Google Chrome. It's not a big pain (I already ditched that for other reasons) but the sad thing is Firefox relies on google api too.

Reply 59 of 276, by legion_pheonix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:

Ok, thanks, I'll check it out!
I removed the download link from your post. I don't know if this game went abandonware or something, but if it's legal to freely download, let me know and I restore the link.

Then do not restore the link, since the game itself is still on sale Steam / GOG.
Thanks a lot! I will look forward to corrections.