VOGONS

dgVoodoo 2.6.x and related WIP versions

Topic actions

Reply 240 of 246, by Dege

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie

I experienced this with some games but I'm going to check out the reasons later (especially that D3D11 and 12 swapchains are a little bit different and so behave differently).

Btw, I released a new version for the cumulated fixes:

- Bug causing crash is fixed in D3D (Hot Wheel Micro Racers)
- Fixing a bug in the DXBC generator (Psychonauts)
- Fixing a bug in the DX11 backend causing corrupted textures (RIM - Battle Planets low texture quality)
- Fixing a bug in D3D9 frontend (Hydro Thunder MAT3 crash)
- Fixing an old limitation in dgVoodoo internals (crash with Atomic FE)
- Dithering did not work with Glide3 Napalm build - fixed
- Fixing malfunctioning auto-aspect ratio correction for swapchains unexpectedly forced back to windowed mode
- Fixing broken dynamic resolution/MSAA/output config change in Glide

http://dege.fw.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2_64.zip
http://dege.fw.hu/dgVoodoo2/dgVoodoo2_64_dbg.zip

Reply 243 of 246, by legion_pheonix

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote on 2020-06-17, 13:31:

Invalid password "dege"
Can you say something about my question?
Re: dgVoodoo 2.6.x and related WIP versions

Reply 245 of 246, by Dege

User metadata
Rank Oldbie
Rank
Oldbie
legion_pheonix wrote on 2020-06-09, 20:29:

Heretic II (1.06 or 1.07) has a black screen if I select 3dfx with dgvoodoo2 Glide2x.dll. At the same time, I hear the sounds of the menu if they start to press the arrow buttons. The only thing, the splash screen does not play with 3dfx.

I tried this game but doesn't work with 3DfxGL => dgVoodoo.
I don' t understand why but driver threads get stuck into an infinite waiting when exiting (with both DX11, 12) ('application not responding' state). Must be some compatibility option.
Does it make sense to play this game through dgVoodoo instead of native OGL?

Reply 246 of 246, by xcomcmdr

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

My experience with Heretic II (with Heretic II Enhancement Pack v1.07 installed) :
- On some rare occasions (GPU hardware-dependant. Namely an old Thinpad T43 with an ATI Mobility Radeon x300 on Windows 7 SP1 x86, not relevant nowadays), native OpenGL doesn't work. The GlDirect wrapper fixes that (it translates OpenGl to Direct3D)
- dgVoodoo2's 3DFX emu doesn't work with it, nor does any kind of Glide or OpenGL wrapper
- I did not use any compat' options. My setup targeted Windows XP, Windows Seven, and Windows 8, and 10. All of the compat' options broke the game at worst. They were not useful anyway, 100% of the time the game ran fine.

The Enhancement pack comes with an optional and specific 3dfxgl mini driver, but that broke the game too, whatever the hardware / windows version. Surely, my Windows XP PC with a Voodoo 2 wasn't enough. It ran fine with its GeForce 4 Ti 4800.