VOGONS

MiG Alley?

Topic actions

First post, by captain_koloth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Has anyone ever managed to get MiG Alley working with dgvoodoo on Windows 10? I’ve really been struggling with it but the best I’ve managed to do is get a glitched view of the cockpit.

Reply 2 of 5, by captain_koloth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hmm... I think one of the compatibility modes worked for me on the installer. Alternatively you could install in a VM or a Win XP or older machine and copy the file structure over.

Reply 3 of 5, by Dege

User metadata
Rank l33t
Rank
l33t

Thanks! Running the setup in Win98 compat mode solved the problem.

the best I’ve managed to do is get a glitched view of the cockpit.

Me too, unfortunately.
But, until getting to the main menu, this game doesn't use DDraw for other than enumerating the resolutions. It changes screen resolution + renders movies through GDI.
Not much dgVoodoo can do there. Even option 'Enable GDI hooking' is insufficient there. 🙁

Reply 4 of 5, by captain_koloth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
Dege wrote:
Thanks! Running the setup in Win98 compat mode solved the problem. […]
Show full quote

Thanks! Running the setup in Win98 compat mode solved the problem.

the best I’ve managed to do is get a glitched view of the cockpit.

Me too, unfortunately.
But, until getting to the main menu, this game doesn't use DDraw for other than enumerating the resolutions. It changes screen resolution + renders movies through GDI.
Not much dgVoodoo can do there. Even option 'Enable GDI hooking' is insufficient there. 🙁

Yes, I've been messing around incessantly with both this and dxwnd and have come to the conclusion that this is one that simply requires W98 hardware for now.

Reply 5 of 5, by captain_koloth

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

For what it's worth I've managed to get this working perfectly ok my Windows machine with otherwise modern hardware. So whatever the problem is, it lies in something 10 is doing that did not happen in 7 (doesnt work in 8 either).