VOGONS

First post, by CptHrki

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello everyone, this is my first post here.

So I managed to get the original 2000 Steel Beasts running in Windows 10 using DxWnd but had a problem with messed up textures for any model-type object (i.e. everything that isn't a sprite / terrain). Then I found out about DgVoodoo and everything is working fine now except for one peculiar problem - all text that should be white is displayed as red, including the tank sight reticle which in thermal mode should be white. This only seems to affect the UI.

Here's an imgur album showing the problem, the first 4 images are without DgVoodoo (normal text but garbled textures) and the last three are with DgVoodoo (normal textures but annoying red), nevermind the aspect ratio change https://imgur.com/a/wernvxf

I've seen a single reference of this on here and someone said they fixed it by forcing point filtering but it does nothing for me. I've tinkered with various settings in both DxWnd and DgVoodoo but to no avail. Can anyone help me out here?

EDIT: the main menu text is only red when highlighted by hovering over it but my pointer wasn't recorded for some reason.

Reply 4 of 8, by CptHrki

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank
ZellSF wrote:
CptHrki wrote:

Nothing huh? Am I really the only one that tried to play this game?

You've waited one day, which is nothing.

You're right, sorry. I've never been on these forums and other topics seem to have plenty of discussion so I wrongly expected no answer.

Dege wrote:

It was a minor incompatibility problem with MS DDraw.
The fix will be included in the next (WIP) version.

Thank you for answering and thank you for your amazing software, wouldn't be able to play without you 😀

Reply 5 of 8, by Agathosdaimon

User metadata
Rank Member
Rank

you have steel beasts gold working in windows 10 with the only issue being the text colour? you arent getting inside out textures on the 3d vehicles in the game? you are getting crashes at the end of a scenario?

i am using dxwnd for sbgold and dont get the text colour issue, but was getting the inverted/see through textures, which however got fixed with a tweak setting in dxwnd, though now after the end of a scenario, one has to restart the game in order to play another scenario

Reply 6 of 8, by CptHrki

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Yep, it's working perfectly fine, I just went ahead and played the tank range twice back to back with no ptoblems, I can't really tell you why. To be honest though, I'd rather have the crash than stare at a red gunsight in TIS view.