VOGONS

First post, by StevieB97

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Hello Dege,

Tried to download the latest build of dgvoodoo 2 last night but got a Trojan on my computer. Is there any way of developing a solution that is Trojan free?

Thanks for your help and hard work!
Steve

Reply 1 of 7, by Dominus

User metadata
Rank DOSBox Moderator
Rank
DOSBox Moderator

which trojan and how did you get rid of it?
If it was the Anti-Virus complaining about the download being a trojan, then it was 99% a false positive.

Windows 3.1x guide for DOSBox
60 seconds guide to DOSBox
DOSBox SVN snapshot for macOS (10.4-11.x ppc/intel 32/64bit) notarized for gatekeeper

Reply 2 of 7, by StevieB97

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

I’m not totally sure of the specific name. I know it was a Win32 Trojan though. I removed it via Microsoft Security Defender. I can quote the specific file name and info was I return home from work.

Edit: looks like it's a win32/generic!BV trojan. Probs a false positive.

Last edited by StevieB97 on 2019-10-26, 11:45. Edited 1 time in total.

Reply 5 of 7, by DosFreak

User metadata
Rank l33t++
Rank
l33t++

The way dgvoodoo works triggers various antivirus products. It's a never ending game. Dege can either constantly submit every new executable, possibly password protect the file or stop updating so rapidly (hope not). Dege is the author so if he says the download is malware free then he's likely correct, doesn't mean someone can't hack the site and infect it tho but unlikely.

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Make your games work offline

Reply 6 of 7, by StevieB97

User metadata
Rank Newbie
Rank

Ok looks like it's a false positive. I was able to download and put it on a flash no problem on my Mac. Windows freaked out was I inserted the flash with just dgvoodoo on it.

Thanks for all the help!